Author Topic: maddie will be 18 this year  (Read 21359 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: maddie will be 18 this year
« Reply #375 on: May 14, 2021, 04:22:12 PM »

Well she's definitely dead, so it wouldn't be an opinion that's what she looked like.

Unless she was cremated, in which case a picture of dust might be more accurate.
I'll be sure to post a picture of a large pile of cremains on her Death Day Anniversary then, seeing as how that's deemed fair comment on this forum, or at least so it would seem as far as one of its moderators is concerned.  When I do, I expect not one murmur of dissent from all you unshockable sceptics though. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #376 on: May 14, 2021, 04:40:55 PM »
I'll be sure to post a picture of a large pile of cremains on her Death Day Anniversary then, seeing as how that's deemed fair comment on this forum, or at least so it would seem as far as one of its moderators is concerned.  When I do, I expect not one murmur of dissent from all you unshockable sceptics though.

I know you won't VS.  In the name of decency ~ I would delete it 😢
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #377 on: May 14, 2021, 04:43:31 PM »
I know you won't VS.  In the name of decency ~ I would delete it 😢
Of course I wouldn't, not only because I'm not that sort of person but also because a) I wouldn't know where to find a picture of human cremains (and certainly wouldn't want to try and find one) and b) I wouldn't know how to post it on here even if I did  @)(++(*
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #378 on: May 14, 2021, 04:56:59 PM »
So you don't see anything indecent with posting a picture of Madeleine as a pile of skeletal remains on a thread that was started to mark her 18th Birthday?  Why am I not remotely surprised?  I wonder how it would be if I posted a picture of a pile of human remains on the anniversary of Brenda Leyland's death?  Would that be permitted?
"maddie will be  18 this year" it must be remembered that this is a tough time for folk.  Madeleine's family are bereft that she remains missing and they have missed every single landmark in her life from her fourth birthday until this year when she reached her majority.

Then we have the other side of the coin with folk too experiencing probably the worse time in their lives because their 'opinion' is apparently not shared by the investigating authorities of three nations who have dismissed any notion of parental involvement in the crime of her abduction.

Instead they are taking the common sense approach of investigating a beast which was domicile in Luz when Madeleine was taken.

I think it is painful for some that fourteen years invested in hatred is being proved wrong and they are really hurting
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #379 on: May 14, 2021, 04:58:49 PM »
Did they?  Then you must have seen it, despite protesting that you were unable to. 

That's what was reported.

I've tried finding the comment out of curiosity but can only find comment about the comment.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #380 on: May 14, 2021, 05:01:44 PM »
"maddie will be  18 this year" it must be remembered that this is a tough time for folk.  Madeleine's family are bereft that she remains missing and they have missed every single landmark in her life from her fourth birthday until this year when she reached her majority.

Then we have the other side of the coin with folk too experiencing probably the worse time in their lives because their 'opinion' is apparently not shared by the investigating authorities of three nations who have dismissed any notion of parental involvement in the crime of her abduction.

Instead they are taking the common sense approach of investigating a beast which was domicile in Luz when Madeleine was taken.

I think it is painful for some that fourteen years invested in hatred is being proved wrong and they are really hurting

Let me know when that happens.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #381 on: May 14, 2021, 05:03:47 PM »
Let me know when that happens.

Please do try to keep up with the rest of the world 🙄

Offline jassi

« Reply #382 on: May 14, 2021, 05:05:41 PM »

I notice it's still all about them and what they have missed, not what Madeleine has missed.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #383 on: May 14, 2021, 05:08:40 PM »
It's not outrage culture to find your post about Madeleine offensive or to say so.  I haven't screen shot your post and sent it to the Daily Express, but if someone had and they managed to track you down I have absolutely no doubt you'd be a contrite quivering sack of sorry when they confronted you.   That's the thing about the internet - you think you can be as offensive and vile as you like without any consequences, but sometimes you are careless and it backfires and you are found out and suddenly you find yourself on the wrong end of the vicious attacks, you lose your job and all your friends and then suddenly it doesn't seem like it was such a good idea to be so offensive and vile and you find you can't live with the shame of it all and you end up topping yourself.

I still haven't worked out where the offensive part is.

Is it me saying I believe Maddie is bones, which is a perfectly reasonable assumption to make, or me adding a picture of bones demonstrating that very belief?

Are each one alone offensive or is it the combination of both?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #384 on: May 14, 2021, 05:10:04 PM »
Please do try to keep up with the rest of the world 🙄

No charges, no prosecution, no sign of the child, no abduction evidence disclosed by police.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #385 on: May 14, 2021, 05:13:16 PM »
I can't comment on 'sick jokes about dead children killed in tragic circumstances' as I haven't seen them.

Those who post random pictures of what Madeleine McCann might look like now do it, I assume, because they share the belief that she may be alive. Those who post pictures of her as a pile of bones do it, I assume, because they share the German authority's belief that she died many years ago.

I assume both see their pictures as a realistic demonstration of their opinions. Disliking what they post is a matter of opinion, not of decency imo.
Your assumption is presumptuous and prejudiced. My opinion.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #386 on: May 14, 2021, 05:21:34 PM »
I notice it's still all about them and what they have missed, not what Madeleine has missed.

Oh dear ~ isn't that post scraping the bottom of the barrel even for you 👀

Offline Brietta

« Reply #387 on: May 14, 2021, 05:25:52 PM »
No charges, no prosecution, no sign of the child, no abduction evidence disclosed by police.

Is it usual wherever it is you come from that police disclose evidence on a working case to Joe Public?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #388 on: May 14, 2021, 05:33:18 PM »
Is it usual wherever it is you come from that police disclose evidence on a working case to Joe Public?

They do it all the time.

Like when they release CCTV.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #389 on: May 14, 2021, 06:14:54 PM »
I still haven't worked out where the offensive part is.

Is it me saying I believe Maddie is bones, which is a perfectly reasonable assumption to make, or me adding a picture of bones demonstrating that very belief?

Are each one alone offensive or is it the combination of both?
Tell you what, take your post and show it to your mother / father /sister / wife/ girlfriend/ daughter /employer.  Tell them you made the post on a social media site and ask them what they think of it and what they think  it says about you.  Then report back (truthfully) what they say. Can you do that?  Even Jassi commented that your post was in poor taste (though she seemed to find it hilarious as well), but let’s get a greater consensus.  Why not start a thread using that post and we can put it to the vote.  Offensive or fair comment?  It obviously matters alot to you to get more  feedback so off you go.