Author Topic: Why is the government not doing something about these illegal immigrants?  (Read 10401 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

• Veteran Member
  • 66 Warnings Since Joining!
Re: Why is the government not doing something about these illegal immigrants?
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2021, 08:40:51 AM »
Why do they need asylum from France?
Are you kidding?  The French authorities are treating these peope at Calais like shit, deliberately I assume, to encourage them to cross asap.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Wonderfulspam

• Executive Member
  • Not All Men
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2021, 08:44:40 AM »
Are you kidding?  The French authorities are treating these peope at Calais like shit, deliberately I assume, to encourage them to cross asap.

You mean they chose to travel to a country that would treat them like shit? Passing through multiple other safe countries to get there?

Well, now I have even less sympathy, are they all morons?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Carana

• Executive Member
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2021, 08:52:49 AM »
Well I have absolutely no respect for selfish idiots stupidly attempting to cross one of the worlds busiest shipping lanes using flimsy rubber dinghies, funding criminal traffickers in the process, when the whole of the continent they already passed through was perfectly adequate for them to claim asylum in.

f..k them, no sympathy from me, should have just applied for a visa.

I posted two links. Have your tried reading either of them?

Online Wonderfulspam

• Executive Member
  • Not All Men
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2021, 08:53:19 AM »
I read that one reason these illegals head for the U.K is because they have family here.

I have family in Canada, I've often thought about selling up & moving there, but it all seems rather akward & costly, too much hassle, but I fear persecution here for my Anti Woke views, so I'll just burn my passport, black myself up & cross the Atlantic in arm bands. The Canadian lifeboat men can save me.

Online Wonderfulspam

• Executive Member
  • Not All Men
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2021, 09:03:53 AM »

Imagine a civil war in England, but Scotland Ireland & Wales are all still safe, I think I'd be seeking refuge in Swaziland because I don't really like the rest of the Britain & Ireland.

I really am in a desperate situation, so I should get to pick & chose which other country I get to live in & the tax payers who'll fund me in that country really should have absolutely no say on the matter.

Offline Carana

• Executive Member
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2021, 09:18:34 AM »

From short documentary clips I've seeen of conditions in Calais and other routine coastal routes to the UK that I've seen, the conditions appear less than hospitable. However, more and more keep turning up, wanting to get to the UK.

I've seen news clips of border police in France (some may have also been from the UK) trying to stop launches.  Even French fishermen going to the rescue (despite the UK-FR fishing spat). However, that's a lot of coastline to have to cover 24/7.

Offline Carana

• Executive Member
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2021, 09:24:39 AM »
Imagine a civil war in England, but Scotland Ireland & Wales are all still safe, I think I'd be seeking refuge in Swaziland because I don't really like the rest of the Britain & Ireland.

I really am in a desperate situation, so I should get to pick & chose which other country I get to live in & the tax payers who'll fund me in that country really should have absolutely no say on the matter.

Have you read the links that I've posted? If you have a relative who escaped your tragic situation and was granted asylum in e.g. France, your application might be processed in Switzerland, but then there were would be a strong likelihood that a request to France would be made by the Swiss to get the French to accept France as your asylum destination.

Offline Venturi Swirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2021, 12:55:37 PM »
You mean they chose to travel to a country that would treat them like shit? Passing through multiple other safe countries to get there?

Well, now I have even less sympathy, are they all morons?
So in your opinion should Spain, Turkey and Greece bear the brunt of the refugee crisis in perpetuity by virtue of their geographical proximity to countries from whence these refugees are coming?  I think I can guess the answer...
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2021, 12:59:23 PM »
I read that one reason these illegals head for the U.K is because they have family here.

I have family in Canada, I've often thought about selling up & moving there, but it all seems rather akward & costly, too much hassle, but I fear persecution here for my Anti Woke views, so I'll just burn my passport, black myself up & cross the Atlantic in arm bands. The Canadian lifeboat men can save me.
So, you'd have no problem in theory if millions of Southern Irish or French needed to seek refuge in Britain at some future point?  Being the closest "safe" country we would by your reasoning have to accept them all, and none would be able to pass through to other countries in Europe. 

Online Wonderfulspam

• Executive Member
  • Not All Men
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2021, 03:02:35 PM »
So in your opinion should Spain, Turkey and Greece bear the brunt of the refugee crisis in perpetuity by virtue of their geographical proximity to countries from whence these refugees are coming?  I think I can guess the answer...

Yes.

Online Wonderfulspam

• Executive Member
  • Not All Men
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2021, 03:04:53 PM »
So, you'd have no problem in theory if millions of Southern Irish or French needed to seek refuge in Britain at some future point?  Being the closest "safe" country we would by your reasoning have to accept them all, and none would be able to pass through to other countries in Europe.

It isn't going to happen, & no, the Irish could go to Wales since that's closer, & the French could f..k off to Spain, there's no legitimate reason for them to cross the channel.

Offline Venturi Swirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2021, 06:59:23 PM »
It isn't going to happen, & no, the Irish could go to Wales since that's closer, & the French could f..k off to Spain, there's no legitimate reason for them to cross the channel.
Paris is closer to England than Spain.  And - who knows what might happen in the future. Troubles in Ireland perhaps?  War in Europe perhaps?  Where will you seek refuge when The Woke Police come for your arse?  Your nearest country is France so that’s your only option I guess.

Online Wonderfulspam

• Executive Member
  • Not All Men
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2021, 07:16:45 PM »
Paris is closer to England than Spain.  And - who knows what might happen in the future. Troubles in Ireland perhaps?  War in Europe perhaps?  Where will you seek refuge when The Woke Police come for your arse?  Your nearest country is France so that’s your only option I guess.

No my nearest country is Wales.

Offline Venturi Swirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2021, 07:29:05 PM »
No my nearest country is Wales.
Wales is even more woke than England so you better think again.

Online Wonderfulspam

• Executive Member
  • Not All Men
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2021, 07:30:09 PM »
I could be in Wales with a hew hours car journey, I wouldn't need to learn their language, culturally they are no different, I've even been there a few times & I wouldn't need to risk death crossing shipping lanes to flee there.

Seems the most sensible, safe & practical option.

But obviously, if later I drown in a woefully equipped effort to reach New York by inflatable crocodile, I'd expect sympathy, because I was just trying to flee the horrors of the English civil war, even though I was safe in Wales.