Author Topic: How credible are Martin Grimes claims  (Read 3314 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: How credible are Martin Grimes claims
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2022, 04:54:32 PM »
What did Grimes have to gain? He already had the gig…and any publicity that was generated by it for his new venture. In fact the alerts without forensic corroboration ( which Grime would know wouldn’t be forthcoming if the alerts were manufactured) would have harmed rather than helped his new venture.

It simply doesn’t make sense.
His name is Grime and I never claimed the alerts were manufactured. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2022, 04:56:41 PM »
What did Grimes have to gain? He already had the gig…and any publicity that was generated by it for his new venture. In fact the alerts without forensic corroboration ( which Grime would know wouldn’t be forthcoming if the alerts were manufactured) would have harmed rather than helped his new venture.

It simply doesn’t make sense.
What does HCW have to gain from making CB a "patsy"?  And yet some people think that is exactly what he is doing.  If he can't provide the evidence to secure a conviction then he looks incompetent or malicious, does that make any sense to you?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2022, 04:57:19 PM »
His name is Grime and I never claimed the alerts were manufactured.

So you must believe that Grimes bias was subconscious?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2022, 05:09:09 PM »
What does HCW have to gain from making CB a "patsy"?  And yet some people think that is exactly what he is doing.  If he can't provide the evidence to secure a conviction then he looks incompetent or malicious, does that make any sense to you?

I don’t think he is settling Brueckner up as a patsy so perhaps ask someone who does think that?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2022, 05:09:50 PM »
So you must believe that Grimes bias was subconscious?
I don’t have a firm belief in any direction, simply that because the car was plastered in Madeleine posters that bias, unconscious or not cannot be ruled out.  And for Grime to say he didn’t know the car was the McCanns is simply laughable.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2022, 05:10:52 PM »
I don’t think he is settling Brueckner up as a patsy so perhaps ask someone who does think that?
Why do you think he’s going after CB for Madeleine’s murder then?  Because unless he has very compelling evidence then my point remains.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2022, 05:18:17 PM »
I’d appreciate it if you could provide further details of the above?

Then you're not as smart as you think you are

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2022, 05:20:54 PM »
Why do you think he’s going after CB for Madeleine’s murder then?  Because unless he has very compelling evidence then my point remains.

Focusing on a suspect to the exclusion of all others does not mean that compelling evidence exists but simply that the police force believe that there is evidence to be found.

Most miscarriages of justice begin in this way.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2022, 05:21:12 PM »

I think you displaying a sense of humour caught her somewhat off guard.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2022, 05:21:54 PM »

Can you provide details?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2022, 05:29:20 PM »
Can you provide details?

Davel did a funny about confirmation bias but I'm afraid it flew right over you.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2022, 05:32:02 PM »
Davel did a funny about confirmation bias but I'm afraid it flew right over you.

I'm glad someone understands

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2022, 05:33:42 PM »

The man is a comic genius but I prefer not to get deflected from the point.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2022, 05:46:02 PM »
Focusing on a suspect to the exclusion of all others does not mean that compelling evidence exists but simply that the police force believe that there is evidence to be found.

Most miscarriages of justice begin in this way.
you’re missing the point completely but never mind.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2022, 05:46:56 PM »
The man is a comic genius but I prefer not to get deflected from the point.
Lol, that’s your excuse and you’re sticking with it.