Author Topic: Claims by family that the front door was open are subsequently quietly dropped.  (Read 13391 times)

Offline Mr Gray

What translation statement?

He signed a statement in Portuguese.

There is no evidence that the statement read back to Gerry in English was accurate therefore I cant see how the statement can or could be used as evidence.

Offline Lace

It was quite clear what they said to all the people they spoke to on the night:

Trish Cameron -
Gerry McCanns sister, said she received a telephone call from her 39-year-old brother, a
consultant cardiologist, who was "hysterical and crying his eyes out". She said: "They last
checked at half past nine and they were all sound asleep, sleeping, windows shut, shutters
shut. Kate went back at 10 o'clock to check. The front door was lying open, the window had
been tampered with, the shutters had been jemmied open or whatever you call it and
Madeleine was missing...”
Brian Healy -
Madeleine's maternal grandfather, told the Guardian his son-in-law had phoned him shortly
after returning "Gerry told me when they went back the shutters to the room were broken,
they were jemmied up and she was gone," said Mr Healy. "She'd been taken from the chalet.
The door was open."
Jon Corner -
a close friend of Kate McCann and godparent of the twins, said she phoned him in the middle
of the night distraught. He said: "She just blurted out that Madeleine had been abducted.
Kate said the shutters of the room were smashed. Madeleine was missing It looks as
though someone had gone straight past the twins to get to her.
Jill (or Gill) Renwick -
a family friend told GMTV the McCanns were certain that Madeleine has been abducted. "They
were just watching the hotel room and going back every half-hour and the shutters had been
broken open and they had gone into the room and taken Madeleine," she said.”

As Blacksmith said:

“What must be appreciated, at this point, is that these comments, from closest family and
friends - the first to be contacted, are not Chinese whispers. It is not a case that the McCanns
rang one person, who got the message wrong, and this got passed on to everyone else.
These are four people who received independent telephone calls from Gerry or Kate, in the
hours following the 'abduction', and made independent statements. Yet, the statements all
recount the same story. The McCanns' apartment was locked, so the 'abductor' must have
gained access via the jemmied shutters and left via the front door.”

Well Kate and Gerry McCann have NEVER said the front door was wide open in any of their statements.

I believe this was a misunderstanding by a relative as to what Gerry said.   The bedroom door was wide open, it is plain to see that this was a mix up in communication.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 09:37:15 PM by Lace »

Offline Mr Gray

It was quite clear what they said to all the people they spoke to on the night:

Trish Cameron -
Gerry McCanns sister, said she received a telephone call from her 39-year-old brother, a
consultant cardiologist, who was "hysterical and crying his eyes out". She said: "They last
checked at half past nine and they were all sound asleep, sleeping, windows shut, shutters
shut. Kate went back at 10 o'clock to check. The front door was lying open, the window had
been tampered with, the shutters had been jemmied open or whatever you call it and
Madeleine was missing...”
Brian Healy -
Madeleine's maternal grandfather, told the Guardian his son-in-law had phoned him shortly
after returning "Gerry told me when they went back the shutters to the room were broken,
they were jemmied up and she was gone," said Mr Healy. "She'd been taken from the chalet.
The door was open."
Jon Corner -
a close friend of Kate McCann and godparent of the twins, said she phoned him in the middle
of the night distraught. He said: "She just blurted out that Madeleine had been abducted.
Kate said the shutters of the room were smashed. Madeleine was missing It looks as
Jill (or Gill) Renwick -
a family friend told GMTV the McCanns were certain that Madeleine has been abducted. "They
were just watching the hotel room and going back every half-hour and the shutters had been
broken open and they had gone into the room and taken Madeleine," she said.”

As Blacksmith said:

“What must be appreciated, at this point, is that these comments, from closest family and
friends - the first to be contacted, are not Chinese whispers. It is not a case that the McCanns
rang one person, who got the message wrong, and this got passed on to everyone else.
These are four people who received independent telephone calls from Gerry or Kate, in the
hours following the 'abduction', and made independent statements. Yet, the statements all
recount the same story. The McCanns' apartment was locked, so the 'abductor' must have
gained access via the jemmied shutters and left via the front door.”

anyone who quotes Blacksmith as an authority loses all credibility. This is the person who claimed in feb that the mCCanns would settle on Amarals terms.

Offline Carana

Well Kate and Gerry McCann have NEVER said the front door was wide open in any of their statements.

I believe this was a misunderstanding by a relative as to what Gerry said.   The bedroom door was wide open, it is plain to see that this was a mix up in communication.

That's the most likely explanation, I agree.

Offline Albertini

There is no evidence that the statement read back to Gerry in English was accurate therefore I cant see how the statement can or could be used as evidence.

Haha!!

Talk about being desperate.

Ye Gods, i've never heard such nonesene in my life.

Offline Albertini

That's the most likely explanation, I agree.

But Kate & Gerry said the same story to FOUR different people.

So no, it's not the most likely explaination is it?

Offline Lace

But Kate & Gerry said the same story to FOUR different people.

So no, it's not the most likely explaination is it?

Four different people?     Or was the misunderstood telephone call told to others?

Offline faithlilly

Four different people?     Or was the misunderstood telephone call told to others?

Nope. The witnesses making the statements all say they got their information in phone calls directly from Kate or Gerry.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Lace

Nope. The witnesses making the statements all say they got their information in phone calls directly from Kate or Gerry.

Could you list the witnesses please faithfully?    Are they all relatives?   If so the telephone could well have come from Gerry to one relative and then what was said [and misunderstood] quoted to them.

They would say the phone call came from Gerry but fail to say the phone call was quoted to them.

Offline faithlilly

Could you list the witnesses please faithfully?    Are they all relatives?   If so the telephone could well have come from Gerry to one relative and then what was said [and misunderstood] quoted to them.

They would say the phone call came from Gerry but fail to say the phone call was quoted to them.

And if your auntie had b*lls she'd be your uncle lace  @)(++(*
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Lace

Sorry I don't get what you mean.

I'm sure she would.

That doesn't answer anything though does it.

Offline Albertini

Ok here you go:

consultant cardiologist, who was "hysterical and crying his eyes out". She said

The door was open."

Each one of them says they spoke directly to either Kate or Gerry.

Offline Lace

Ok here you go:

consultant cardiologist, who was "hysterical and crying his eyes out". She said

The door was open."

Each one of them says they spoke directly to either Kate or Gerry.

Only one of those [the grandfather] mentions a door.      Then only says 'the door was open'   not the front door was open.

The bedroom door was wide open when Kate did her check and NOT the front door.

AnneGuedes

I found two interesting points in the Guardian 5th May 2007 edition :
1) Mrs Cameron revealed the coloboma.
2) She doesn't mention any check between around 9 and around 10 : the couple checked on the children every half hour; the last check was made after 9pm by Mr McCann. Some time between then and around 10pm when his wife walked into the room to find Madeleine missing, the family believes an intruder broke in and snatched the girl.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/may/05/world.sandralaville

Offline sadie

I found two interesting points in the Guardian 5th May 2007 edition :
1) Mrs Cameron revealed the coloboma.
2) She doesn't mention any check between around 9 and around 10 : the couple checked on the children every half hour; the last check was made after 9pm by Mr McCann. Some time between then and around 10pm when his wife walked into the room to find Madeleine missing, the family believes an intruder broke in and snatched the girl.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/may/05/world.sandralaville
Third party information again ! 

Anne there are so many witnesses to Matt going and checking, that what is in that newspaper is clearly nonsense.  Even the waiters were on about how they kept vanishing.   At the time they knew not where, but afterwards realised they were checking the children

Personally I am affronted that such attacks could, and would, be made at a group of consciencious people who did everything by the book.  They bettered Internationally accepted methods of checking on sleeping children.

What ever is wrong with you guys to keep needlessly putting the boot in?