Author Topic: White House Farm - ITV Drama Series - Part 4  (Read 59672 times)

Offline steve_trousers

Re: White House Farm - ITV Drama Series - Part 4
« Reply #345 on: February 05, 2020, 01:17:09 PM »
A reconstruction will stand up to scrutiny the same way it did in the case of Tony Martin at 46 mind in:

https://youtu.be/BemcOAg53eM

The silencer/blood are the only tests that require private funding.  Once a referral is made to Coa JB becomes eligible for legal aid for further tests so in effect you and others here as taxpayers will be funding it  8((()*/

Money well spent to see your theory batted away for 6 by another 'expert' who supports the original evidence

Nah, nothing to see here. Bamber will die in prison.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #346 on: February 05, 2020, 01:22:45 PM »
According to my English teacher (1970s), the real definition of the word "nice " is "correct", so obviously, I'm using it incorrectly! (Funny how some things teachers say stick in one's mind many years later).

You are right that we can't really know someone without spending time with them (and I've no interest in getting to know JB, as he won't be the person he was in 1985). And I also agree that the evidence is what is important, not what sort of a person he was.

But, it seems, he was a liar and a thief , stealing from his own family's business. He was also unfaithful to his girlfriend, and liked to use money to show off.  So, in my book, not a particularly pleasant person, although this does not necessarily mean he committed the murders.

I recall a former boss who started off his career as an English teacher and his pet hate seemed to be the word 'nice'.

But most of the main protagonists do not come up smelling of roses:

JM was happy to assist JB with the caravan park break-in.  She was also happy to sell JB's homegrown cannabis on campus.  And she was happy to carry out other crimes independent of JB eg cheque book fraud and using cocaine.

AE comes over as greedy and grasping.  Her husband, Peter Eaton, was reported to the police by farm secretary, Barbara Wilkinson, for financial impropriety at WHF.

CC by his own admission in his book let SC down in many ways.  He eventually left SC and the twins for another woman when the twins were 5 months old.

You point out JB was unfaithful to his girlfriend but given he was unfaithful with her best friend what does this say about the best friend?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #347 on: February 05, 2020, 01:29:23 PM »
Money well spent to see your theory batted away for 6 by another 'expert' who supports the original evidence

Nah, nothing to see here. Bamber will die in prison.

It won't happen anyway because Bamber wouldn't get passed the first post with this so called 'new evidence' - it's not new and it's not evidence.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #348 on: February 05, 2020, 01:32:05 PM »
I recall a former boss who started off his career as an English teacher and his pet hate seemed to be the word 'nice'.

JM was happy to assist JB with the caravan park break-in.  She was also happy to sell JB's homegrown cannabis on campus.  And she was happy to carry out other crimes independent of JB eg cheque book fraud and using cocaine.

AE comes over as greedy and grasping.  Her husband, Peter Eaton, was reported to the police by farm secretary, Barbara Wilkinson, for financial impropriety at WHF.

CC by his own admission in his book let SC down in many ways.  He eventually left SC and the twins for another woman when the twins were 5 months old.

You point out JB was unfaithful to his girlfriend but given he was unfaithful with her best friend what does this say about the best friend?

Of course that's true but all of those people had friends to support them, at the end of the day, any friends he did have, seemed to disappear - why do you think that is?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #349 on: February 05, 2020, 02:11:00 PM »
A reconstruction will stand up to scrutiny the same way it did in the case of Tony Martin at 46 mind in:

https://youtu.be/BemcOAg53eM

The silencer/blood are the only tests that require private funding.  Once a referral is made to Coa JB becomes eligible for legal aid for further tests so in effect you and others here as taxpayers will be funding it  8((()*/

Grasping and straws come to mind?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #350 on: February 05, 2020, 02:18:38 PM »
Was Brett Collins called to give evidence at Bamber's trial?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #351 on: February 05, 2020, 02:21:09 PM »

Are you comparing a mass murderer with petty theft?

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline steve_trousers

« Reply #352 on: February 05, 2020, 02:38:05 PM »

No, I don't have the book to hand at the moment but i'm fairly sure he wasn't

Offline Caroline

« Reply #353 on: February 05, 2020, 03:02:53 PM »

I think he was long gone by then.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #354 on: February 05, 2020, 03:51:25 PM »

Agreed.  I just didn't have the courage to name names!

And, both policemen (Taff and Stan) come over in the TV series as being bullies, although I don't know if they really were.   

Offline Myster

« Reply #355 on: February 05, 2020, 05:58:40 PM »
Agreed.  I just didn't have the courage to name names!

And, both policemen (Taff and Stan) come over in the TV series as being bullies, although I don't know if they really were.
Taff's portrayal was too OTT for me, especially the headbutt, but I doubt that Stan forced a lab assistant to demonstrate the Anschutz 525 (which was genuine, as was the Parker-Hale moderator they used) with - "Young lady, take your shoes off... You'll do... Sit down and shoot yourself... Don't worry, it's not loaded"...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 06:19:09 PM by Myster »
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Myster

« Reply #356 on: February 05, 2020, 06:14:46 PM »
No, I don't have the book to hand at the moment but i'm fairly sure he wasn't
I think he was long gone by then.
Yep, Collins was in Oz by the time of the 1986 trial, so not called as a Defence witness, but he did receive a letter from Bamber saying that when (not if) he was acquitted the farm would be sold to make way for a new life down under... which, of course, is what he had planned from the beginning.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #357 on: February 05, 2020, 06:43:46 PM »
Yep, Collins was in Oz by the time of the 1986 trial, so not called as a Defence witness, but he did receive a letter from Bamber saying that when (not if) he was acquitted the farm would be sold to make way for a new life down under... which, of course, is what he had planned from the beginning.

Are you suggesting Brett Collins could know more than he’s ever let on?
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Myster

« Reply #358 on: February 05, 2020, 07:00:19 PM »
I've no idea... but Bamber did enjoy his period down under; surfing, scuba-diving and getting up to mischief, so he'd be well away from spending a life of thankless drudgery at WHF and reminders of what he'd done.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #359 on: February 05, 2020, 07:13:42 PM »

More pillow talk, perhaps?