Disappeared and Abducted Children and Young Adults > Madeleine McCann (3) disappeared from her parent's holiday apartment at Ocean Club, Praia da Luz, Portugal on 3 May 2007. No trace of her has ever been found.

Poll - Scent Dogs Accuracy

<< < (105/105)

Robittybob1:

--- Quote from: misty on June 29, 2018, 07:27:36 PM ---The cadaver dog alert in the basement.

--- End quote ---
In the confession it said "Pedro Hernandez, a former bodega stock clerk who confessed to luring 6-year-old Etan Patz into a basement and attacking him, ..."  So if in that attack EP bled onto the floor of the basement and that blood decomposed after it soaked into the woodwork (say) that could be the source of the cadaver odour in the basement even though the child is said to be still alive in the box out on the pavement.

sadie:

--- Quote from: Robittybob1 on June 29, 2018, 11:45:49 PM ---In the confession it said "Pedro Hernandez, a former bodega stock clerk who confessed to luring 6-year-old Etan Patz into a basement and attacking him, ..."  So if in that attack EP bled onto the floor of the basement and that blood decomposed after it soaked into the woodwork (say) that could be the source of the cadaver odour in the basement even though the child is said to be still alive in the box out on the pavement.

--- End quote ---
But according to my understanding, Rob, that is not correct.

That would be blood from a living person that had since dried.  There would be no cadavar odour in that blood even later.  A blood dog might have alerted to it, but not a Cadavar dog.

Please correct me, if I am wrong.

misty:

--- Quote from: pathfinder73 on June 29, 2018, 11:18:47 PM ---Dogs are regularly tested and if they fail they are out. They would trust a professional dog alert that corroborates with other evidence over a lying murderer. The dog in the Zapata case also alerted 25 years later to cadaver scent. These are not strange coincidences but dog's doing their job right.

--- End quote ---

Who tests US dogs, Pathfinder?

Robittybob1:

--- Quote from: sadie on June 30, 2018, 12:12:21 AM ---But according to my understanding, Rob, that is not correct.

That would be blood from a living person that had since dried.  There would be no cadavar odour in that blood even later.  A blood dog might have alerted to it, but not a Cadavar dog.

Please correct me, if I am wrong.

--- End quote ---
I am certain you are wrong Sadie. Blood split could dry on a surface.  It would have to be a thin layer but if it got into a crevice between floor boards or tiles it would be unable to dry and it could go rotten. 

John:
Note by Editor:

Please keep all conversations civil, constructive and to the point. Let's try and get through the weekend with as few reports as possible being made. 

Have a great weekend everyone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version