Author Topic: Misleading statements from the police or prosecution  (Read 6544 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Misleading statements from the police or prosecution
« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2021, 08:49:51 AM »
Donald Findlay interview begins at 40:40 minutes in...

https://videa.hu/videok/film-animacio/david-wilsons-crime-files-s01e01-2019-aktak-bun-14wNMx6TZBB1ZD6m

Thank you for the link Myster. Very interesting interview.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2021, 02:32:55 PM »
‘by the concern in his voice’

What did Luke Mitchell say about Jodi’s grandmother ?

Alice Walker initially thought she had stumbled upon an animal until she realised it was the 14-year-old.’
Mrs Walker said at one point Luke Mitchell climbed over a v-shaped gap in a wall on the Roan's Dyke path, near Jodi's home, and said "there's something there".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4092213.stm

Mr Kelly said he climbed over the wall to join Mr Mitchell, who pointed down the inside of the wall and said: "Down there, 5ft out from the wall."

The witness said he thought he could "see something", believing it at first to be a log.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4085983.stm

Not only did Luke Mitchell find Jodi’s body he knew it was her body whilst the others thought they saw an animal or a log - and he didn’t need to peer around a tree like SK did

Prosecuting advocate depute Alan Turnbull QC asked: "Did you come to realise there was a body there?"
Mr Kelly replied: "When I got a bit closer, yes."
The witness paused, before adding that he then "peered round a tree".

Mr Turnbull asked: "What did you see when you did that?"
‘A body lying there," a tearful Mr Kelly replied.
[/b]

Luke Mitchell to Grace Milan
'My torch lit up the path like daytime and I was about 12 yards from Jodi when I saw her lying there,' he began. 'She was so white. Her throat had been slit and her head was to the side.
'Her eyes were staring up at me and she was naked but for a pair of socks, I think... no, she wasn't wearing anything. Her body was so white and she was just staring and staring.
'I shouted to the others but I couldn't tell them I'd found Jodi because I didn't want to upset her gran, but she said she wanted to come over the wall.
'The others held her back but she scrambled over the wall and said if her granddaugher was there she wanted to be with her.
'She sat down beside Jodi and cradled her in her arms.
I guess the family are suspicious of me because my dog Mia was the one who found Jodi and I was the one who first saw her lying there.'
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2021, 03:52:15 PM »
What was it Corinne Mitchell said to James English

May 2010 - Corrine Mitchell
oh for heavens sake.....this is getting tiresome.
For the record....Findlay wouldn't speak to Sandra....just as he would not speak to me...he wouldn't even speak to his own client....Luke...at one point he banged his fist on the table and told Luke..."We do things MY way’

Why were "the facts" not brought up in court?.........Ask Donald Findlay!!!!
That's why we dropped him. Why did he not bring in expert witnesses? Why did he not bring in ANY witnesses for Luke? We asked him to, but as I have said earlier....he didn't speak to us. It was his way.....or no way.

@ approx 11.28 here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UbHl3oCCClI

Corrine Mitchell says;

At one point when Luke asked for a certain witness to be called his QC banged his fist on the table and said ‘it’s my way or no way laddie.”

Look how this story by Corrine Mitchell has ‘grown arms and legs’ over the years and how her own words are attributed to Donald Findlay  *&^^&

Here’s another

In 2007 in an interview with Mike Graham of Talk 107 radio - accompanied by Sandra Lean

‘The murder verdict in, January 2005, was ‘like being hit on the face with a sledgehammer, she said. Our worst fear was not proven..’ (https://www.scotsman.com/news/people/corinne-mitchell-fights-free-her-son-2506492)

Fast forward to 2019
She attributed the ‘sledgehammer’ comment to Luke

So many parallels with Lynne Hall (Some Sandra Lean and myself discussed in 2014 when Sandra exclaimed ‘I’ve wasted 10 years of my life’)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 10:39:34 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2021, 10:18:24 PM »
But today detective chief superintendent Craig Dobbie launched a vigorous defence of their detective work.

Mr Dobbie described the crime scene as one of the "finest I have ever seen".

He said that every care was taken to recover every single piece of evidence that was there.

And he defended claims made in court that the scene was not well managed.

Mr Dobbie admitted that the case against Luke Mitchell was purely circumstantial, but insisted Lothian and Borders Police Force had done a great job.

"We have been scrutinised by one of the finest defence lawyers in the country, but not one point has been inadmissible.
"I am open to suggestions as to where we could have made improvements in the investigation, but I can’t think of anything obvious."

https://www.scotsman.com/news/clues-snared-murderer-2470415

It is quite often a bit of a task to cherry pick the areas of a mixture of quotes and a journalist's paraphrasing to arrive at an unbiased conclusion.

For example Dobbie said "finest I have ever seen".  But I really would have preferred to have seen the rest of that sentence which would have allowed me to make up my own mind about what was actually said.

The salient point you are making regarding 'falsehoods or half-truths coming from the police or prosecution’ has been addressed elsewhere in the full article which paints a different picture from the one you have chosen to portray is without a doubt - "We have been scrutinised by one of the finest defence lawyers in the country, but not one point has been inadmissible."
So the police actually did manage to make a case which stood up in court to close scrutiny.  Which is very probably the reason that not one of Mitchell and his supporters attempts to overturn it have themselves stood up to scrutiny.

"The finest I have ever seen" @)(++(*. The crime scene was not cordoned off for over 7 hours whilst people trampled all over it. The body was left uncovered in the rain allowing major DNA evidence to be washed away. They also moved the body before forensics arrived. If you made errors on that scale in any other job you would be fired for gross misconduct and neglect of duties.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2021, 10:53:54 PM »
"The body was left uncovered in the rain allowing major DNA evidence to be washed away.
1. Why was there no DNA belonging to Mitchell at the scene?