Author Topic: Won't be long now - BREXIT Day > 31 January 2020  (Read 18646 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Won't be long now - BREXIT Day > 31 January 2020
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2019, 03:27:51 PM »
Who owns the oil and Gas?  It would be good to know if Scotland is self sufficient with regards to feeding the nation.

Can we sustain the level of social care for the elderly, abused children, battered spouses(male/female/gender neutral). Short answer NO we can barely make it work at the moment. expect a huge TAX hike very soon!
Tories and huge tax rises does not compute.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2019, 04:01:49 PM »
Tories and huge tax rises does not compute.

You as per usual cannot read posts, and reply to something which wasn't said. Pathetic!

As a person who lives and works in Scotland  the SNP raised taxes, steal from the  lower working classes and it is what they do in Sweden- and will continue to do so since they were given the power to do this by the UK government.

The Scottish parliament has the power to set as many rates and bands as it would like. For 2019/20, it has chosen to continue to have five income tax rates and bands

with a starter rate (19%), basic rate (20%), intermediate rate (21%), higher rate (41%) and top rate (46%).
Earned income: £15,000
Taxable income: £2,500

Deduct: Personal Allowance: £12,500

Oh and the average earnings is NOT the top  rate it is the lower.

'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2019, 04:16:06 PM »
You as per usual cannot read posts, and reply to something which wasn't said. Pathetic!

As a person who lives and works in Scotland  the SNP raised taxes, steal from the  lower working classes and it is what they do in Sweden- and will continue to do so since they were given the power to do this by the UK government.

The Scottish parliament has the power to set as many rates and bands as it would like. For 2019/20, it has chosen to continue to have five income tax rates and bands

with a starter rate (19%), basic rate (20%), intermediate rate (21%), higher rate (41%) and top rate (46%).
Earned income: £15,000
Taxable income: £2,500

Deduct: Personal Allowance: £12,500

Oh and the average earnings is NOT the top  rate it is the lower.
Do you always have to be so abusive?  You stated we would all be subjected to HUGE tax rises for social care.  I pointed out that Tories don't do huge tax rises.  If you were referring ONLY to Scotland when you referred to "we" then I apologise for my unforgivable mistake. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2020, 08:47:13 PM »
Do you always have to be so abusive?  You stated we would all be subjected to HUGE tax rises for social care.  I pointed out that Tories don't do huge tax rises.  If you were referring ONLY to Scotland when you referred to "we" then I apologise for my unforgivable mistake.

There is NOTHING abusive about this post or me. I know you and your gang of supporters complain about all my posts and certain mods oblige by deleting them, however, they all end up somewhere else in print so no harm done.  ^*&&
 In fact, it is the highlight of my evening. I never knew I had such an affect on people.
 8((()*/
I read that  it is against forum rules to attack the poster and not the post.  Doesn't seem to include you and Davel and Erngath.  This is my contribution, let us see how long it lasts!

Back on topic...
  27 days . and it is becoming less talked about. we are not hearing details of deals being offered and discussed.

It is a bit concerning that immigration will have a points system like Australia, legal immigration was never an issue as far as I am aware, it is the back door illegal immigration which is causing the most issues and open borders.  I will be good to see how this pans out.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2020, 10:03:47 PM »
There is NOTHING abusive about this post or me. I know you and your gang of supporters complain about all my posts and certain mods oblige by deleting them, however, they all end up somewhere else in print so no harm done.  ^*&&
 In fact, it is the highlight of my evening. I never knew I had such an affect on people.
 8((()*/
I read that  it is against forum rules to attack the poster and not the post.  Doesn't seem to include you and Davel and Erngath.  This is my contribution, let us see how long it lasts!

Back on topic...
  27 days . and it is becoming less talked about. we are not hearing details of deals being offered and discussed.

It is a bit concerning that immigration will have a points system like Australia, legal immigration was never an issue as far as I am aware, it is the back door illegal immigration which is causing the most issues and open borders.  I will be good to see how this pans out.

I think you are more than a bit out if touch... It was legal immigration via the eu that was a major problem.. Free movement...

« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2020, 10:18:06 PM »
I think you are more than a bit out if touch... It was legal immigration via the eu that was a major problem.. Free movement...

Free movement was the main source of illegal immigration! open borders from Asia/Africa all claiming asylum when it was proved that it was a large slave trade route, and illegal entry to the UK for economic migrants- thus it became known as benefit scams in millions. Fake weddings and the like, adults claiming to be children for free education. at the expense of the indigenous population who had to go to the back of many queues.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2020, 08:53:54 PM »
I have reported a few,  and have removed several off topic, rude and abusive posts.

Could we please follow forum rules, and not insult each other on here.

Thanks !

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2020, 10:31:57 PM »
I have reported a few,  and have removed several off topic, rude and abusive posts.

Could we please follow forum rules, and not insult each other on here.

Thanks !
Could you please confirm that I have never reported any post made on here thanks.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2020, 10:24:24 AM »
Could you please confirm that I have never reported any post made on here thanks.

I will take your word for it, rather than wade through 84 pages of reports!!

Seems to be mainly moderators who report posts anyway!

« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2020, 10:20:46 PM »

I will take your word for it, rather than wade through 84 pages of reports!!

Seems to be mainly moderators who report posts anyway!

You deleted my post which was evidence. But I don't mind... none here matters. We know what we know, and we see what we see.

Offline Dave

« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2020, 06:35:21 PM »

You are both right. It was all those factors, however I do recall Boris and his fellow Jacob Rees-Mogg stating that it was the fear of Turkey joining the EU that Britain was best out of it. The world has changed since contemporary times and people now can migrate from many new places. The Victorians dominated world travel but now most all countries have the ability to travel and migrate. So all those many new faces are not a threat but a sign of the changing times.

« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2020, 06:41:20 PM »
You are both right. It was all those factors, however I do recall Boris and his fellow Jacob Rees-Mogg stating that it was the fear of Turkey joining the EU that Britain was best out of it. The world has changed since contemporary times and people now can migrate from many new places. The Victorians dominated world travel but now most all countries have the ability to travel and migrate. So all those many new faces are not a threat but a sign of the changing times.

Looks like the Turks have gone back on their promise, not only Asian but Africans are being allowed through to Greece by the Turk Government.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/syria-news-turkey-to-let-refugees-into-europe/7ce384da-ee91-42db-9225-a8c4e615fdc1

There are over 7 million displaced people all seeking to get to EU and preferably the UK.. read it and weep.

Offline Carana

« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2021, 03:35:14 PM »
How are the sunlit uplands coming along?