Author Topic: The Boris Bounce and all the Benefits of Brexit  (Read 26043 times)

Offline Vertigo Swirl

Re: The Boris Bounce and all the Benefits of Brexit
« Reply #210 on: August 30, 2022, 12:48:13 PM »
Interestingly 52% of people now think Brexit was a mistake with only 36% of people thinking it was the right thing to do
https://www.statista.com/statistics/987347/brexit-opinion-poll/
I no longer read nor reply to posts made by those posters I perceive to be WUMS and TROLLS so if you think I'm ignoring you this may be the reason.  Best wishes.

Offline Carana

Re: The Boris Bounce and all the Benefits of Brexit
« Reply #211 on: August 30, 2022, 08:09:07 PM »
I think the fishermen voted because they thought it would mean they would regain their fishing waters and thus make them better off.  I think many in red wall areas voted Brexit to reduce immigration and keep British jobs for British people.  I think farmers voted for Brexit because they thought it would open up more markets for them and mean less bureaucracy.  I think I think some businessmen voted for Brexit for the same reasons.  I think many people voted for Brexit because they thought it would be better to channel the money we spent as part of our membership on improving the NHS and other infrastructure.  I think many who voted for Brexit did so because they were under the impression that we would be unshackled from European Law and be able to do as we pleased, rather than what Europe told us and that that in turn would make this country great again.  So, yes I think many people voted for Brexit because they thought it would improve their lot, not make life more difficult and more expensive.  I did say at the time however (and got roundly criticised by you for saying it iirc) that the turkeys were voting for Christmas, and so far at any rate, this would seem to be the case.  But still we have our sovereignty and our blue (black) passports which undoubtedly makes up for all the negatives.  By the way  what has "having our sovereignty" actually meant for the average person in this country?

More sewage.