Author Topic: Met officer arrested in connection with missing Sarah Everard.  (Read 20351 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Met officer arrested in connection with missing Sarah Everard.
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2021, 07:59:05 AM »
Well I certainly don't think it's right to be presuming her dead, people might stop looking for her.
Well said, even though you meant it facetiously.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2021, 08:41:20 AM »
Well said, even though you meant it facetiously.

No, never?  Surely not?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2021, 09:18:32 AM »
No, never?  Surely not?
Don't you start!  @)(++(*
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2021, 10:35:39 AM »
Media reports say that she was recorded by a door bell camera as she passed by.
Just shows how modern day surveillance is much more that street cameras.

Just imagine how useful such technology might have been in PDL back in 2007 had it been around at the time.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2021, 11:08:20 AM »
Not good news. Why do people, men in particular, think they can get away with it these days?...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9344621/Serving-Met-police-officer-arrested-disappearance-Sarah-Everard-Clapham.html

I notice a woman has been arrested as well.

Why do women think they can get away with it?! (whatever it is)

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2021, 11:36:05 AM »

Women don't usually pose much of a threat to other women who are walking home of an evening.  If a woman is going to be attacked or kidnapped on her walk home the perpetrator will almost certainly be a man.  A woman might help him cover up his crime but the initial act will almost always be carried out by the male of the species.  What gives this sort of man the sense that they are entitled to commit these acts I wonder?  I would fully expect your reply to be one of victim-blaming, because that would be the typical WUM response.  Perhaps you can rise above the impulse to do so on this occasion, or is it outwith your control?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2021, 11:56:34 AM »

La La La.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2021, 01:30:10 PM »
The guy they have arrested lives in Deal which is a town I know very well indeed, I have relatives who live there.  This one is really hard to get one's head around.    A married man with kids who is an armed officer responsible for diplomatic security?  It all sounds like the plot of a BBC1 primetime drama.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2021, 01:35:13 PM »
Women don't usually pose much of a threat to other women who are walking home of an evening.  If a woman is going to be attacked or kidnapped on her walk home the perpetrator will almost certainly be a man.  A woman might help him cover up his crime but the initial act will almost always be carried out by the male of the species.  What gives this sort of man the sense that they are entitled to commit these acts I wonder?  I would fully expect your reply to be one of victim-blaming, because that would be the typical WUM response.  Perhaps you can rise above the impulse to do so on this occasion, or is it outwith your control?

You're making too many assumptions for someone who believes in the presumption of innocence imo

You're presuming...

1) That she was attacked or kidnapped

2) That the womans only action in the crime was covering it up.

& 3) That the arrested man is guilty.

I haven't seen any evidence supporting this.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2021, 01:41:41 PM »
You're making too many assumptions for someone who believes in the presumption of innocence imo

You're presuming...

1) That she was attacked or kidnapped

2) That the womans only action in the crime was covering it up.

& 3) That the arrested man is guilty.

I haven't seen any evidence supporting this.
You're assuming my post was specifically about this case.  I suggest you read it again.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2021, 01:44:15 PM »
You're assuming my post was specifically about this case.  I suggest you read it again.

Well of course, you posted all that on this particular thread because you were talking about something entirely unconnected.

My mistake.

Offline Admin

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2021, 01:51:56 PM »
It doesn't look very good for Sarah, no doubt it will all be revealed what happened to her in due course. The fact that a Met officer of some standing within the force has been arrested shouldn't really surprise us as temptation and greed can affect anyone given the right circumstances.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 01:56:06 PM by Admin »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2021, 01:54:13 PM »
Well of course, you posted all that on this particular thread because you were talking about something entirely unconnected.

My mistake.
Yes it was your mistake.  My post was a general observation, raised in response to my interest in this case. As yet we don't know exactly what happened, so I remain open-minded, though not optimistic for poor Sarah's chances. 

Offline jassi

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2021, 02:23:33 PM »
  see the Mail has now got the name & a picture up of this arrested officer. Bit naughty at this stage, I think
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 02:30:51 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2021, 04:22:24 PM »
Arrested on suspicion of murder now.