Author Topic: Met officer arrested in connection with missing Sarah Everard.  (Read 20656 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Met officer arrested in connection with missing Sarah Everard.
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2021, 05:32:31 PM »
Oh My God,  Police Brutality.
I can hear certain people tuning up the violins already...
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline patb

« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2021, 05:54:44 PM »
"Police sources have suggested that plain clothes detectives may have been secretly monitoring the suspect's movements for days" - ie conjecuture

Offline jassi

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2021, 06:01:49 PM »
" The policeman arrested on suspicion of killing Sarah Everard was watched for days by armed undercover detectives while he worked at the US Embassy and is believed to have been allowed to keep his gun 'in case he twigged', a source told MailOnline today. "
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2021, 08:02:02 PM »
“Couzens was found yesterday evening and paramedics were called. The incident happened around 8 pm last night.

He was in a cell on his own and there is no suggestion anyone else was involved”.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2021, 08:34:38 PM »
I can hear certain people tuning up the violins already...

Believe me when I say I'm trying, but I think this one might be beyond me.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline jassi

« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2021, 09:47:22 PM »
Now there is to be some sort of inquiry into how the Met handled the indecent exposure claim .

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/11/sarah-everard-suspect-met-accused-failures-alleged-indecent-exposure
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2021, 06:59:56 AM »

I notice ghastly labour MP Jess Phillips read out a list of 120 women killed by men in 2020.

I'd venture that the majority of these cases were domestic violence between partners & not 120 night stalking men prowling the streets, but she fails to make a distinction.

Besides that, 120 is a very small figure compared to the 1600 people killed in road traffic accidents in the same year.

So when will she be condemning cars & reading the list of 1600 people killed by them. Which, in terms of amount of fatalities is a far more pressing issue imo.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2021, 07:59:03 AM »

Further more, everyone's favourite muslim Sadiq Khan has leapt on the bandwagon by saying London's streets aren't safe for women.

Given the ever increasing amount of knife crime in his great city, it seems to me the streets he manages aren't all that safe for men either.

Offline patb

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2021, 09:33:42 AM »
Well the pooh is going to hit the fan big time if it turns out that the Met could have arrested him earlier re the indecent exposure allegation.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2021, 09:36:49 AM »
Well the pooh is going to hit the fan big time if it turns out that the Met could have arrested him earlier re the indecent exposure allegation.
This could have been covered up so I guess we should be thankful that it hasn't and let's hope it is thoroughly and properly investigated. 

Offline patb

« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2021, 09:51:15 AM »
I'm not sure what it says about the perception of the Met when we "should be thankful" that there has not been a cover up. The default position, by any measure, is not to cover up.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2021, 09:54:53 AM »
I'm not sure what it says about the perception of the Met when we "should be thankful" that there has not been a cover up. The default position, by any measure, is not to cover up.
It seems to me the perception of the Met and British police in general (on this forum anyway) is not a particularly favourable one.  There certainly is a type of poster on here who seems to be of the view that the Met in particular are quite bent, don't investigate crimes properly and are willing to collude in cover ups. 

Offline John

« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2021, 10:51:17 AM »
It seems to me the perception of the Met and British police in general (on this forum anyway) is not a particularly favourable one.  There certainly is a type of poster on here who seems to be of the view that the Met in particular are quite bent, don't investigate crimes properly and are willing to collude in cover ups.

With most large organisations, it only takes one or two incidents to give the entire force a bad name.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2021, 10:53:02 AM »

The police have a reputation for covering up for their own.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2021, 10:58:37 AM »
The police have a reputation for covering up for their own.
This latest development will hopefully show that this reputation (deserved or not)  has been recognised and is being addressed.