Author Topic: Met officer arrested in connection with missing Sarah Everard.  (Read 20601 times)

Offline Geordie

Re: Met officer arrested in connection with missing Sarah Everard.
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2021, 01:43:57 PM »
Yep that scenario is the one that makes most sense to me.  The abductor acted on impulse without really thinking through the consequences of his actions.  Once he realised he could be id'ed by the victim he had to kill her.  It's not an uncommon scenario, sadly.

Which could indicate that he returned to Ashford woods at a later time to destroy the remains and he was being tracked. He would be forensically aware and if he had killed on impulse he would be aware that he could be identified from the body. I suppose it will all come out in the wash.

Offline patb

« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2021, 01:49:06 PM »
Use of the ID card to get her in the car makes perfect sense in one way. By all accounts, she was a mature and responsible person. She would not just get into any persons car and yet, there is no evidence of struggle etc. However, by defintion, use of the card identifies him as the perpetrater. So he either wanted to be caught (as previously mentioned) or, contrary to my previous post, he had already decided should would never be a witness.

Not everyone would even know about a warrant/ID card. A police coat and hat could still do the job of making her feel secure. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 02:01:47 PM by John »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2021, 01:57:42 PM »
Use of the ID card to get her in the car makes perfect sense in one way. By all accounts, she was a mature and responsible person. She would not just get into any persons car and yet, there is no evidence of struggle etc. However, by defintion, use of the card identifies him as the perpetrater. So he either wanted to be caught (as previously mentioned) or, contrary to my previous post, he had already decided should would never be a witness.

Not everyone would even know about a warrant/ID card. A police coat and hat could still do the job of making her feel secure.
The third option is as I suggested - he acted on impulse without considering the implications until later on.  A bit thick in other words.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2021, 02:09:57 PM »

I wonder if she knew this cop?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2021, 02:11:11 PM »
I wonder if she knew this cop?
According to the Times

"Sarah Everard was lured off the street and had no connection with whoever abducted her, detectives believe.

Police sources have told The Times that the investigation is being treated as a “stranger attack”.

Offline John

« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2021, 02:26:54 PM »
According to the Times

"Sarah Everard was lured off the street and had no connection with whoever abducted her, detectives believe.

Police sources have told The Times that the investigation is being treated as a “stranger attack”.

The question is still valid, did Sarah know her killer?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2021, 02:30:07 PM »
The question is still valid, did Sarah know her killer?
Highly unlikely IMO.

Offline patb

« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2021, 02:38:09 PM »
Another aspect of this. Is there not a conflict of interests with the Met as both the employer of the suspect and the investigator re the murder. I may have missed something here. Is another force coming in to to oversee/check the investigation? Especailly in view of the news that the Met has referred itself to to the IOPC.

Offline Geordie

« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2021, 02:38:28 PM »
He wasn't a beat bobby or a traffic cop but on the armed Diplomatic Protection unit. I think that day he had been on duty at a nearby Embassy about 3 miles away but was off duty when she was taken. As Sarah was from York originally and he lived in Deal (Kent), I doubt they had social contact. Using his warrant card is more realistic.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 02:40:31 PM by Geordie »

Offline jassi

« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2021, 02:42:38 PM »
He wasn't a beat bobby or a traffic cop but on the armed Diplomatic Protection unit. I think that day he had been on duty at a nearby Embassy about 3 miles away but was off duty when she was taken. As Sarah was from York originally and he lived in Deal (Kent), I doubt they had social contact. Using his warrant card is more realistic.

Except that they might have belonged to the same gym or something similar.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline jassi

« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2021, 02:48:51 PM »
I suppose police now need to tie him conclusively to the body and then charge him.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline patb

« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2021, 03:00:35 PM »
I assume the car will be crucial re forensic evidence. A real challenge considering his job and, therefore, knowledge of how best to forensically clean the car and the time window he had.  The satnav history will be crucial. Looked like a newish car so more likely a built in model rather than old type.

Offline jassi

« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2021, 03:15:39 PM »
I assume the car will be crucial re forensic evidence. A real challenge considering his job and, therefore, knowledge of how best to forensically clean the car and the time window he had.  The satnav history will be crucial. Looked like a newish car so more likely a built in model rather than old type.

Do built-in ones function all the time even when not required?
I only have old TomTom which I switch on as & when I need it.

Or maybe not -