Author Topic: Met officer arrested in connection with missing Sarah Everard.  (Read 20620 times)

Offline IndigoJ

Re: Met officer arrested in connection with missing Sarah Everard.
« Reply #135 on: April 06, 2021, 07:32:49 PM »
Meanwhile another beautiful young woman goes missing from the centre of London, I do hope she is found soon.

why refer to her as "beautiful" what's that got to do with anything?!

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2021, 08:16:59 PM »
why refer to her as "beautiful" what's that got to do with anything?!

I know right.

I pointed this out too.

Missing, murdered ugly old men don't get any sympathy.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2021, 08:08:19 PM »

Woman arrested in Sarah Everard case has bail extended

Woman in her 30s was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender in connection with Everard’s death

A woman arrested in connection with the abduction and death of Sarah Everard has had her bail extended.

Scotland Yard said a woman in her 30s who was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender, had originally been released on bail to return to a police station on a date in mid-April. She has now been further bailed to return on a date in early June, the force said.

Everard went missing on 3 March while walking home after visiting a friend in Clapham, south-west London. The 33-year-old’s body was found hidden in an area of woodland near Ashford in Kent a week later on 10 March.

A serving Metropolitan police officer, 48-year-old Wayne Couzens from Deal in Kent, has been charged with her kidnap and murder. A provisional date has been set for his trial at the Old Bailey for 25 October, with a plea hearing on 9 July. The woman was arrested at the same time as Couzens.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/apr/16/woman-arrested-sarah-everard-case-bail-extended

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #138 on: April 18, 2021, 06:54:33 PM »
I know right.

I pointed this out too.

Missing, murdered ugly old men don't get any sympathy.

They would too  name one...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2021, 08:32:27 PM »

Sarah Everard: Met Police still don’t know cause of death more than six weeks on

Efforts are still ongoing to establish how the 'bright and beautiful' 33-year-old died

https://www.mylondon.news/news/south-london-news/sarah-everard-met-police-still-20442673

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2021, 05:27:43 PM »
Another lovely lady murdered, her body found a just a short distance from my parent’s home (as was Sarah Everard’s).  This time the victim was a policewoman.  Julia James, a married mother or two and grandmother.   Will it turn out that her murderer was another woman?  Highly unlikely I would say.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #141 on: April 28, 2021, 05:32:52 PM »
Another lovely lady murdered, her body found a just a short distance from my parent’s home (as was Sarah Everard’s).  This time the victim was a policewoman.  Julia James, a married mother or two and grandmother.   Will it turn out that her murderer was another woman?  Highly unlikely I would say.

It will be interesting to see if random people who never knew the woman will hold a violent, illegal vigil & street protests in support of her.
Or maybe her connection to law enforcement will mean she doesn't qualify for the same level of public outrage.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #142 on: April 28, 2021, 06:36:33 PM »
It will be interesting to see if random people who never knew the woman will hold a violent, illegal vigil & street protests in support of her.
Or maybe her connection to law enforcement will mean she doesn't qualify for the same level of public outrage.
Unlikely in a little Kentish village tbh.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Carana

« Reply #143 on: April 29, 2021, 11:18:57 AM »
Media reports say that she was recorded by a door bell camera as she passed by.
Just shows how modern day surveillance is much more that street cameras.

Just imagine how useful such technology might have been in PDL back in 2007 had it been around at the time.

It was, but despite media rumours, nothing of significance was recorded - or had been retained by the time Amaral got people to check. The other CCTV cameras were on the blink.

Offline Carana

« Reply #144 on: April 29, 2021, 11:56:28 AM »
I'm not sure what it says about the perception of the Met when we "should be thankful" that there has not been a cover up. The default position, by any measure, is not to cover up.

In theory...

The thin blue line isn't limited to the US.

Offline Carana

« Reply #145 on: April 29, 2021, 12:09:29 PM »
I used to love P.E but I hated maths & I can't recall my 'don't abduct rape & murder people' lessons back in primary school, but I assume there were some as I've managed not to do it so far.

Congratulations.

A long shot, but there might just be a human well hidden inside your shock-jock persona.

Offline Carana

« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2021, 12:37:00 PM »
If what we have heard is correct in that he was a flasher then he must have mental health issues. Who knows what could have triggered this but at the end of the day poor Sarah paid an awful price for this guy's shortcomings.

Poor Sarah didn't deserve to have her life snuffed out.

Concerning the cop, he still hasn't been tried. However unlikely it might seem based on media reports, it could turn out that it wasn't him after all.

« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2021, 01:48:02 PM »
Couzens has plead guilty to charges of kidnapping and rape. Hasn't entered a plea on the murder charge. Wonder what kind of strategy his defense team are trying here?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jun/08/pc-wayne-couzens-pleads-guilty-to-kidnap-and-of-sarah-everard

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2021, 03:07:29 PM »
Couzens has plead guilty to charges of kidnapping and rape. Hasn't entered a plea on the murder charge. Wonder what kind of strategy his defense team are trying here?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jun/08/pc-wayne-couzens-pleads-guilty-to-kidnap-and-of-sarah-everard
From the Times:

Wayne Couzens, 48, a diplomatic protection officer, also admits responsibility for her killing but has not been arraigned pending medical reports, the Old Bailey was told.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #149 on: June 14, 2021, 04:08:39 PM »
From the Times:

Wayne Couzens, 48, a diplomatic protection officer, also admits responsibility for her killing but has not been arraigned pending medical reports, the Old Bailey was told.

Has there been any further mention of his wife being involved in some way?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin