Author Topic: Met officer arrested in connection with missing Sarah Everard.  (Read 20640 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Met officer arrested in connection with missing Sarah Everard.
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2021, 05:27:16 PM »
Has there been any further mention of his wife being involved in some way?
She is not being charged.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2021, 01:50:04 PM »

Sarah Everard murder: Former Metropolitan Police officer Wayne Couzens 'arrested' Sarah for lockdown breach before her murder

Wayne Couzens arrested and handcuffed Sarah Everard before he raped and murdered her, a court has heard.

The Old Bailey heard Couzens, who was off duty, posed as an undercover police officer when he "hunted for a lone young female to rape and kidnap."

Couzens is at the court today to recieve his sentence after he admitted kidnapping, raping and killing the 33-year-old marketing executive at two Old Bailey appearances in June and July.

Couzens snatched Sarah from the street as she walked in south London in early March.

Her body was discovered a week later more than 80 miles away in Great Chart, near Ashford. A post mortem report revealed she had been strangled.

He will be sentenced tomorrow.

Prosecutor Tom Little QC said it was one of the most widley publicised cases, spurring the hashtag “she was just walking home.”

But he said a more fitting five-word summary would be “deception, kidnap, rape, strangulation, fire.”

Miss Everard had breached Covid protocol by visiting a friend for dinner and wine, making her “more vulnerable” for Couzens to prey upon, explained the prosecutor.

Couzens likely used lockdown rules as an excuse to stop her, handcuff her, then drive her 80 miles where he raped, strangled and burned her body.

Mr Little said: "The defendant's plot of land is very close to, and in the same woods, where he was to burn Sarah Everard's body after he murdered her.

"He then moved her body in green bags that he had purchased specifically for that task to a pond deeper into the woods, it was only about 130 metres from his plot."

Eye-witnesses saw Couzens “detaining Sarah by fraud” using his warrant card and handcuffs, he added.

“That was the start of the ordeal, the 80-mile journey whilst detained which was to lead first to her rape and then her murder.

“At some point fairly soon after driving from the pavement onto the South Circular and having not gone to a police station, Sarah Everard must have realised her fate,” he explained.

Miss Everard's boyfriend described her as “extremely intelligent, savvy and streetwise” and “not a gullible person”. He said she would not have got into a vehicle with a stranger unless she was forced.

CCTV and data from Couzen’s mobile phone captured the journey towards Kent, with the hire car stopping near Military Road, Dover at about 11.30pm.

About five minutes later Couzen’s Seat was captured on camera leaving the area towards rural villages, before returning to Dover about an hour later.

Mr Little said it is likely this is when Couzens raped Miss Everard.

Couzens then stopped at BP Dover South Services on Limekilm Street and bought two bottles of water, apple juice, Lucozade orange and a carrier bag.

It was “more than likely” Miss Everard was murdered by then Mr Little explained, adding: “To have left her alive even in the boot of the Seat, would have been “risky or foolhardy if she made any noise.”

The court heard Couzens the next day bought a hot chocolate and cake at Costa, then casually made a call to a vet to book an appointment for his dog.

Meanwhile, shortly after noon an eye-witness saw “a strong, intense flame, which was not particularly high, which did not have the appearance of a typical woodland fire,” explained Mr Little.

“This is consistent with the location where the defendant burnt Miss Everard’s body, clothing and possessions using the petrol he purchased earlier that day.”

Couzens took his wife and children to the same woods days after, then went back to burn Miss Everard’s body. He returned again to hide it, the court heard.

“The defendant took his family to the very area, allowing his children to play in close proximity where Sarah Everard’s body had been dumped, in the pond,” Mr Little said.

Leading up to the family visit, Couzens bought builders’ bags from B&Q in Dover, alongside tarpaulin and a bungee cargo net from Amazon, for next day delivery.

As publicity for Miss Everard’s disappearance intensified, officers were able to trace the hire vehicle with CCTV.

Couzens had rented the Vauxhall Crossland from Enterprise Rent-a-Car in Dover for the night Miss Everard vanished, records showed.

The revelation led detectives to his home in Freemen’s Way, Deal, on March 9, but they didn’t approach for two hours.

It would give Couzens the chance to reset his Galaxy Note 10 to factory settings in the first step of an elaborate ploy to deceive Scotland Yard.

When officers arrested Couzens he denied knowing Miss Everard however, asked if he knew her whereabouts, he said he was “in financial ****.”

The court heard Couzens claimed he had been “leant on” by a gang, which threatened his family, to kidnap and hand them girls.

Couzens has not reacted to any of the shocking revelations as they are heard in court. He's been sat wearing a mask with his head own and only spoke to confirm his name.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/deal/news/couzens-arrested-and-handcuffed-everard-before-murder-254807/
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2021, 05:41:17 PM »
This literally makes me feel sick.  I know I’m not supposed to care and I shouldn’t be sad or angry about it cos I didn’t know her but I do and I am on both counts.  What a disgusting piece of lowlife s..m, I hope he rots in prison for the rest of his life.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2021, 05:50:18 PM »
Susan Everard, mother, said:

“Sarah is gone and I am broken hearted. She was my precious little girl, our youngest child. The feeling of loss is so great it is visceral. And with the sorrow come waves of panic at not being able to see her again. I can never talk to her, never hold her again, and never more be a part of her life. We have kept her dressing gown - it still smells of her and I hug that instead of her.

Sarah died in horrendous circumstances. I am tormented at the thought of what she endured. I play it out in my mind. I go through the terrible sequence of events. I wonder when she realized she was in mortal danger; I wonder what her murderer said to her. When he strangled her, for how long was she conscious, knowing she would die? It is torture to think of it.

Sarah was handcuffed, unable to defend herself and there was no one to rescue her. She spent her last hours on this earth with the very worst of humanity. She lost her life because Wayne Couzens wanted to satisfy his perverted desires. It is a ridiculous reason, it is nonsensical; how could he value a human life so cheaply? I cannot comprehend it. I am incandescent with rage at the thought of it.

He treated my daughter as if she was nothing and disposed of her as if she was rubbish.

If Sarah had died because of an illness, she would have been cared for. We could have looked after her and been with her. If she had died because of an accident, people would have tried to help - there would have been kindness. But there is no comfort to be had, there is no consoling thought in the way Sarah died. In her last hours she was faced with brutality and terror, alone with someone intent on doing her harm. The thought of it is unbearable. I am haunted by the horror of it.

When Sarah went missing we suffered days of agony, not knowing where she was or what had happened to her. Then, when Sarah’s burnt remains were found, we spent two terrible days waiting for tests to show how she had died, fearing she had been set alight before she was dead - the thought was appalling.

Burning her body was the final insult, it meant we could never again see her sweet face and never say goodbye.

Our lives will never be the same. We should be a family of five, but now we are four. Her death leaves a yawning chasm in our lives that cannot be filled.

I yearn for her. I remember all the lovely things about her: she was caring, she was funny. She was clever, but she was good at practical things too. She was a beautiful dancer. She was a wonderful daughter. She was always there to listen, to advise, or simply to share with the minutiae of the day. And she was also a strongly principled young woman who knew right from wrong and who lived by those values. She was a good person. She had purpose to her life.

My outlook on life has changed since Sarah died: I am more cautious; I worry more about our other children. I crave the familiarity and security of home; the wider world has lost its appeal. It is too painful to contemplate a future without Sarah, so I just live in the here and now. I think of Sarah all the time, but the mornings and evenings are particularly painful. In the morning I wake up to the awful reality that Sarah is gone. In the evenings, at the time she was abducted, I let out a silent scream: Don’t get in the car, Sarah. Don’t believe him. Run!

I am repulsed by the thought of Wayne Couzens and what he did to Sarah. I am outraged that he masqueraded as a policeman in order to get what he wanted.

Sarah wanted to get married and have children, now all that has gone. He took her life and stole her future and we will never have the joy of sharing that future with her. Each day dawns and I think, Sarah should be here, leading her life and embracing new experiences. She had so many years ahead of her.

I don’t know how anyone could be so cruel as to take my daughter’s life. What I do know is that Sarah will never be forgotten and is remembered with boundless love.

I cling on to memories of Sarah, I hold them tight to keep them safe. The other night, I dreamt that Sarah appeared at home. In my dream I held her and could feel her physically. Jeremy was there, we were comforting her, saying “it’s alright Sarah, it’s alright”. I would give anything to hold her once more; I hope I dream that dream again.”

It would be a small consolation to her family to think that any of these words would make Couzens feel even a modicum of shame or regret at his actions but somehow I doubt he does.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #154 on: September 29, 2021, 05:58:01 PM »
Her sister’s victim impact statement is almost unbearable to read, never mind listen to in court.  What goes on in a man’s head when he hears that being said to him I wonder?  Is he still saying he never killed her?  Evil swine.  His poor wife and kids as well.  So many lives ruined for a few moments of selfish depravity.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #155 on: September 29, 2021, 09:18:17 PM »
Wayne Couzens tried to blame Eastern European gang for Sarah Everard’s disappearance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCGyo_JgRYE
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 09:30:53 PM by Wonderfulspam »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2021, 11:03:02 PM »
Just goes to show you can never rule anyone out of a criminal investigation. 

Everyone in the vicinity needs to be treated as a suspect.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2021, 12:12:27 PM »
The piece of s..m gets a whole life tariff.  Good.  I can't imagine life in prison will be much fun for a murdering, raping ex-policeman. 

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #158 on: September 30, 2021, 01:15:20 PM »
The piece of s..m gets a whole life tariff.  Good.  I can't imagine life in prison will be much fun for a murdering, raping ex-policeman.

Yes, but if he changes gender he could get moved to a women's prison.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2021, 01:46:06 PM »
Yes, but if he changes gender he could get moved to a women's prison.
Don’t.

Offline Myster

« Reply #160 on: September 30, 2021, 02:31:36 PM »
Lord Justice Fulford's Sentencing Remarks...
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #161 on: September 30, 2021, 02:59:03 PM »

I find the whole life tariff slightly unfair myself.

Colin Pitchfork raped & murdered two girls & is now walking free.

Wayne Couzens offence was technically half as bad, because he only raped & murdered one, yet he receives more than twice the sentence?

How is that fair?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #162 on: September 30, 2021, 03:59:27 PM »
I find the whole life tariff slightly unfair myself.

Colin Pitchfork raped & murdered two girls & is now walking free.

Wayne Couzens offence was technically half as bad, because he only raped & murdered one, yet he receives more than twice the sentence?

How is that fair?
It's not fair that Colin Pitchfork has been released from prison IMO.  Couzens abused his position of authority and brought the institution of policing into disrepute by abusing his position as well as committing the most cynical and cruel crime.  I'm not going to argue that that is worse than Colin Pitchfork but it is at least as bad and both should rot in prison forever.  I'm sure you are already painting your "Free Couzens" placard as we speak however...

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #163 on: September 30, 2021, 04:11:42 PM »
It's not fair that Colin Pitchfork has been released from prison IMO.  Couzens abused his position of authority and brought the institution of policing into disrepute by abusing his position as well as committing the most cynical and cruel crime.  I'm not going to argue that that is worse than Colin Pitchfork but it is at least as bad and both should rot in prison forever.  I'm sure you are already painting your "Free Couzens" placard as we speak however...

I don't think Couzens being in a position of authority should make any difference to sentencing really.

If it did then that's like saying it's somehow more acceptable for Pitchfork to have murdered women just because he wasn't a policeman. So acceptable he got to do it twice for half the punishment.

Murder should carry an automatic whole life tariff, regardless of the perpatrators age, sex or occupation imo.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #164 on: September 30, 2021, 04:39:02 PM »
This case has always stuck in my mind.

He strangled his girlfriend to death, buried her in the woods then reported her missing & kept a charade of concern going for several weeks.

He was sentenced to 'Life'..... with a minimum of 16 years?!

But he's been a good boy since, done some anger management courses & has promised not to murder anyone else. He's been moved to an open prison now & is eligible for parole, whilst his victims family live in fear of seeing him in public again.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/joanne-nelson-paul-dyson-prison-3437762
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 04:43:16 PM by Wonderfulspam »