Author Topic: Met officer arrested in connection with missing Sarah Everard.  (Read 20617 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Met officer arrested in connection with missing Sarah Everard.
« Reply #165 on: September 30, 2021, 04:55:24 PM »
I don't think Couzens being in a position of authority should make any difference to sentencing really.

If it did then that's like saying it's somehow more acceptable for Pitchfork to have murdered women just because he wasn't a policeman. So acceptable he got to do it twice for half the punishment.

Murder should carry an automatic whole life tariff, regardless of the perpatrators age, sex or occupation imo.
Not all murder is equal imo but certainly that which involves sadism, sex abuse, torture, children, kidnap definitely. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #166 on: September 30, 2021, 04:57:10 PM »
This case has always stuck in my mind.

He strangled his girlfriend to death, buried her in the woods then reported her missing & kept a charade of concern going for several weeks.

He was sentenced to 'Life'..... with a minimum of 16 years?!

But he's been a good boy since, done some anger management courses & has promised not to murder anyone else. He's been moved to an open prison now & is eligible for parole, whilst his victims family live in fear of seeing him in public again.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/joanne-nelson-paul-dyson-prison-3437762
Then there’s the recent case of the man who throttled his girlfriend during sex “by accident “ and got four and a half years.  Incredible. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #167 on: September 30, 2021, 05:03:41 PM »
Not all murder is equal imo but certainly that which involves sadism, sex abuse, torture, children, kidnap definitely.

Kidnap, torture, sex abuse were all present in the case of James Bulger.

But we have to show sympathy for the little sadistic murderers because they were only young & lessons in how not to murder toddlers weren't part of the curriculum back then.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #168 on: September 30, 2021, 05:27:28 PM »
Kidnap, torture, sex abuse were all present in the case of James Bulger.

But we have to show sympathy for the little sadistic murderers because they were only young & lessons in how not to murder toddlers weren't part of the curriculum back then.
We don’t have to show sympathy for them but we do have to understand that children are not adults and so that case has to be treated accordingly.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #169 on: September 30, 2021, 05:33:05 PM »
We don’t have to show sympathy for them but we do have to understand that children are not adults and so that case has to be treated accordingly.

Yes, murdering someone isn't quite so bad, up until the age of 18.
The day of your 18th birthday murder becomes somehow worse.

A bizarre concept imo.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #170 on: September 30, 2021, 05:42:26 PM »
Yes, murdering someone isn't quite so bad, up until the age of 18.
The day of your 18th birthday murder becomes somehow worse.

A bizarre concept imo.
I don’t think anyone anywhere has ever said that.  Luke Mitchell got a minimum 20 year sentence at aged 16 for the murder he committed at 14. 

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #171 on: September 30, 2021, 05:50:10 PM »
I don’t think anyone anywhere has ever said that.  Luke Mitchell got a minimum 20 year sentence at aged 16 for the murder he committed at 14.

He'd have been shown even more leniency if he was 12 imo.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #172 on: September 30, 2021, 06:22:07 PM »
He'd have been shown even more leniency if he was 12 imo.
Of course there are some people busting a gut to try and get him released from prison on the basis that they believe he’s innocent. 

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #173 on: September 30, 2021, 06:37:14 PM »
Of course there are some people busting a gut to try and get him released from prison on the basis that they believe he’s innocent.

This is why I exclude the death penalty, since there's a possibility for incorrect verdicts, but would make murder a whole life mandatory minimum. Obviously in cases of suspected MOJ's there would still be the possibility for appealing verdicts, but not length of sentencing.

Then, I'd put all the murderers to good use, building more prisons for when I introduce mandatory life sentences for violating the highway code.

Yes, that's my new policy on tackling murder, prison shortages & minor traffic infractions.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #174 on: September 30, 2021, 06:50:58 PM »
This is why I exclude the death penalty, since there's a possibility for incorrect verdicts, but would make murder a whole life mandatory minimum. Obviously in cases of suspected MOJ's there would still be the possibility for appealing verdicts, but not length of sentencing.

Then, I'd put all the murderers to good use, building more prisons for when I introduce mandatory life sentences for violating the highway code.

Yes, that's my new policy on tackling murder, prison shortages & minor traffic infractions.
That’s interesting.  I cross a road on foot on a busy junction on my way to and from work every day and would gladly see imprisoned for life  all those absolute berks who speed up to drive through a red light just as I am beginning to cross.  It hapoens at least a couple of times a week.  Multiply that by all the junctions in Britain and the roads would soon be empty of berks.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #175 on: September 30, 2021, 06:54:59 PM »
That’s interesting.  I cross a road on foot on a busy junction on my way to and from work every day and would gladly see imprisoned for life  all those absolute berks who speed up to drive through a red light just as I am beginning to cross.  It hapoens at least a couple of times a week.  Multiply that by all the junctions in Britain and the roads would soon be empty of berks.

Less fossil fuel usage, lower carbon emissions, safer roads.

It's a winner all round imo.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #176 on: September 30, 2021, 09:24:35 PM »
What made him think he would get away with it?  Or perhaps he didn't/care.

He was cruising around Central London looking for a victim.  Surely he would appreciate he/vehicle would be picked up on cctv or a dash cam somewhere?

Wonder if he is responsible for other undetected/unsolved crimes?

Chilling that he was able to go about living normally having done what he did.

Poor family having to live with thoughts of Sarah's last hours.   8(8-))
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #177 on: September 30, 2021, 10:31:03 PM »
What I will never understand is why anything thinks the thrill of a ducting, raping and killing someone is worth all the aggro that follows on from those few minutes or hours.  The stress of having to cover up the crime and the worry about being caught and the likelihood of being put behind bars for a very long time, losing everyone and everything in the process.  How can it be worth it?  Why are these people so short-sighted and so governed by their basest instincts?  I just don’t get it.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #178 on: October 01, 2021, 10:51:30 AM »

Traumatised McDonald's worker reveals how she reported half-naked Wayne Couzens to police after he flashed her at drive-thru WEEKS before he murdered Sarah Everard.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10045557/Traumatised-McDonalds-worker-reveals-half-naked-Wayne-Couzens-flashed-her.html
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 10:54:02 AM by Wonderfulspam »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #179 on: October 01, 2021, 10:54:12 AM »

Patrick Christys: ‘If Cressida Dick doesn’t resign, she must be sacked’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdhTXuk9HM8