Author Topic: Mark Kane's mother condemns the flawed Ch5 documentary.  (Read 8433 times)

Offline John

Mark Kane's mother condemns the flawed Ch5 documentary.
« on: June 22, 2021, 01:46:23 PM »
Mum’s fury at Channel 5 Jodi Jones documentary makers after son Mark Kane’s ‘name blackened’.

Norma was horrified to find her late son Mark Kane had been discussed and pictured in Channel 5’s Murder in a Small Town earlier this year.

The heartbroken mum of a man who was wrongly named as a suspect in the brutal murder of schoolgirl Jodi Jones has hit out at documentary makers.

Norma was horrified to find her late son Mark Kane had been discussed and pictured in Channel 5’s Murder in a Small Town earlier this year.

The two-part show attempted to cast doubt on the conviction of killer Luke Mitchell despite him being found guilty by a jury of murdering Jodi, his 14-year-old girlfriend, in 2003.

Two private investigators drew up a list of other people they considered could be in the frame – including Mark, who died suddenly in May 2018, aged 38.

Despite contacting Channel 5 four times to ask for an explanation, Norma claims she has failed to receive any acknowledgement or apology.

The TV station also declined to speak to the Record.

The 71-year-old, who has cancer, said: “I just want justice for my son. The way they spoke about him in that documentary was as if he had actually murdered Jodi.

“I had the police at my house at the time and they told me that they had run Mark’s fingerprints and his DNA so they knew he didn’t do it.

“The policewoman told me not to worry because they knew it wasn’t Mark and that they had the right person in custody.

“But because of claims being made by a supposed friend of Mark’s, they had to investigate.”

A court was previously told how “pal” Scott Forbes claimed to have evidence that could clear Mitchell but that he wanted to sell his story for £50,000.

He implicated Mark, a former drug addict, who was allegedly in the vicinity when Jodi was murdered in woodland near her home in Dalkeith, Midlothian.

He told Kane to cooperate with his story and he would split the fee with him – but mum Norma told how her son outright refused to take the blame for something he hadn’t done.

She said: “Scott told Mark he would give him £25,000 if he went along with his story.

“When I asked Mark what he had said, he told me that he had politely told him where to go because he wouldn’t admit to something he hadn’t done.

“I couldn’t believe it when I saw the way Mark was being portrayed in that documentary.

“They have totally blackened his name and he’s not even here to defend himself.

"OK, he was a drug addict years ago but he was turning his life around. He got off the drugs completely and was accepted into college.

“He then went on to study at Stirling University. But in the documentary, they made out that he was up in a field taking drugs and the rest of it.

“No child is perfect but my son doesn’t deserve what they’ve done to him.”

Norma, who lives in Edinburgh, told how her only child would have celebrated his birthday earlier this month, which compounded her anguish over the TV series.

She said: “Mark passed away three years ago on the 16th of last month. He would have just turned 40. I think that’s why it’s all coming to a head for me.

“His cause of death is still unknown. They just found him lying in his chair. The autopsy couldn’t find how he had died – he just went to sleep and never woke up.

“I feel like I’ve not got any closure. Channel 5 even got that wrong on the documentary – they said he died last year.

acknowledge that they had got my emails and it was
maybe getting looked into or something like that.

“But they’ve just totally ignored me. I know how I’m feeling after that documentary but it must be a hundred times worse for Jodi’s family.”

Police say nobody else is wanted in connection with Jodi’s death.

We previously told how Jodi’s family slammed Mitchell supporters for using a picture of her in their “shameful” campaign for his release.

Stickers bearing the words “the truth must be known” alongside an image of Mitchell’s teen victim have been plastered across Midlothian in recent days.

Channel 5 declined to comment.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/mums-fury-jodi-jones-documentary-24327016?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 01:59:26 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

Re: Mark Kane's mother condemns the flawed Ch5 documentary.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 02:01:55 PM »
Sandra Lean should have been mentioned in this article because she was the driving force behind this flawed documentary.  Mark Kane was an innocent man which Sandra Lean and her cronies sought to use as a scapegoat in order to promote the silly idea that Luke Mitchell is innocent.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 02:04:04 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline rulesapply

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 02:10:07 PM »
The narrator of the programme actually calls Mark Kane and some others, suspects. I remember Dr. Lean on a YouTube video telling people to be careful not to call persons of interest, suspects. My heart breaks for Jodi's family and for Mark Kane's mum and for anyone else whose names have been dragged through the dirt, without  proof, in the name of justice. Another mother grieving for her child in the middle of this s**t pile. Norma had the decency to acknowledge Judy Jones' much greater pain so there is strength of character and selflessness right there. She's restored my faith in people for the time being anyway.

Offline rulesapply

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 02:23:06 PM »
Mum’s fury at Channel 5 Jodi Jones documentary makers after son Mark Kane’s ‘name blackened’.

The heartbroken mum of a man who was wrongly named as a suspect in the brutal murder of schoolgirl Jodi Jones has hit out at documentary makers.

The two-part show attempted to cast doubt on the conviction of killer Luke Mitchell despite him being found guilty by a jury of murdering Jodi, his 14-year-old girlfriend, in 2003.

Two private investigators drew up a list of other people they considered could be in the frame – including Mark, who died suddenly in May 2018, aged 38.

Despite contacting Channel 5 four times to ask for an explanation, Norma claims she has failed to receive any acknowledgement or apology.

The TV station also declined to speak to the Record.

The 71-year-old, who has cancer, said: “I just want justice for my son. The way they spoke about him in that documentary was as if he had actually murdered Jodi.

“I had the police at my house at the time and they told me that they had run Mark’s fingerprints and his DNA so they knew he didn’t do it.

“The policewoman told me not to worry because they knew it wasn’t Mark and that they had the right person in custody.

“But because of claims being made by a supposed friend of Mark’s, they had to investigate.”

A court was previously told how “pal” Scott Forbes claimed to have evidence that could clear Mitchell but that he wanted to sell his story for £50,000.

He implicated Mark, a former drug addict, who was allegedly in the vicinity when Jodi was murdered in woodland near her home in Dalkeith, Midlothian.

He told Kane to cooperate with his story and he would split the fee with him – but mum Norma told how her son outright refused to take the blame for something he hadn’t done.

She said: “Scott told Mark he would give him £25,000 if he went along with his story.

“When I asked Mark what he had said, he told me that he had politely told him where to go because he wouldn’t admit to something he hadn’t done.

“I couldn’t believe it when I saw the way Mark was being portrayed in that documentary.

“They have totally blackened his name and he’s not even here to defend himself.

"OK, he was a drug addict years ago but he was turning his life around. He got off the drugs completely and was accepted into college.

“He then went on to study at Stirling University. But in the documentary, they made out that he was up in a field taking drugs and the rest of it.

“No child is perfect but my son doesn’t deserve what they’ve done to him.”

Norma, who lives in Edinburgh, told how her only child would have celebrated his birthday earlier this month, which compounded her anguish over the TV series.

She said: “Mark passed away three years ago on the 16th of last month. He would have just turned 40. I think that’s why it’s all coming to a head for me.

“His cause of death is still unknown. They just found him lying in his chair. The autopsy couldn’t find how he had died – he just went to sleep and never woke up.

“I feel like I’ve not got any closure. Channel 5 even got that wrong on the documentary – they said he died last year.

acknowledge that they had got my emails and it was
maybe getting looked into or something like that.

“But they’ve just totally ignored me. I know how I’m feeling after that documentary but it must be a hundred times worse for Jodi’s family.”

Police say nobody else is wanted in connection with Jodi’s death.

We previously told how Jodi’s family slammed Mitchell supporters for using a picture of her in their “shameful” campaign for his release.

Stickers bearing the words “the truth must be known” alongside an image of Mitchell’s teen victim have been plastered across Midlothian in recent days.

Channel 5 declined to comment.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/mums-fury-jodi-jones-documentary-24327016?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

I would be interested to know if Dr.Lean, Scott Forbes and Mark Kane were studying at Stirling University at the same time? I'd be interested to know where Scott Forbes is from too. It's just a thought but I have wondered off and on for a while now.

Offline John

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2021, 02:39:52 PM »
I would be interested to know if Dr.Lean, Scott Forbes and Mark Kane were studying at Stirling University at the same time? I'd be interested to know where Scott Forbes is from too. It's just a thought but I have wondered off and on for a while now.

Scott Forbes worked for the legal firm that represents Luke Mitchell and takes instruction from Sandra Lean since she allegedly has POA for him.

I must say, this Record article is pretty damming for the Mitchell campaign all said and done.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 02:42:04 PM by John »

Offline Mr Apples

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 02:44:24 PM »
Thanks, John.

Btw, can I ask you ... you indicated that initially you thought LM to be innocent, so what convinced you he was guilty? Anything specific? Or just a number of things combined? Just curious. Thx.

Offline John

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 04:05:00 PM »
Thanks, John.

Btw, can I ask you ... you indicated that initially you thought LM to be innocent, so what convinced you he was guilty? Anything specific? Or just a number of things combined? Just curious. Thx.

As you know I spoke to Luke in private at the High Court and passed him some information about a guy who confessed to the murder of Jodi Jones. I will admit that this information threw me at the time and for some time afterwards I believed there was a possibility he was innocent given the lack of any damming forensics. However, after a while the facts just started to unravel and the evidence for his involvement started to add up. The clincher for me was the brother Shane denials, had Luke Mitchell been at home his brother only had to say so.  The fact that the police threatened both Shane and his mother with prosecution for attempting to pervert the course of justice and of committing perjury in court was very damming.

So to answer your question, it is a number of things which added up amount to circumstantial evidence. Top of the list though is the failure of his brother to corroborate his alibi.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 07:28:17 PM by John »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2021, 06:45:57 PM »
As you know I spoke to Luke in private at the High Court and passed him some information about a guy who confessed to the murder of Jodi Jones. I will admit that this information threw me at the time and for some time afterwards I believed there was a possibility he was innocent given the lack of any damming forensics. However, after a while the facts just started to unravel and the evidence for his involvement started to add up. The clincher for me was the brother Shane denials, had Luke Mitchell been at home his brother only had to say so.  The fact that the police threatened both Shane and his mother with prosecution for attempting to pervert the course of justice and of committing perjury in court was very damming.

So to answer your question, it is a number of things which added up amount to circumstantial evidence. Top of the list though is the failure of his brother to corroborate his alibi.

But according to the taptalk link posted last week you still supported Luke’s campaign in 2010, at least five years after it was obvious the Shane was not going to speak out and certainly, looking at your post, when you were well aware of the facts of the case. So I’m afraid, for me, your answer isn’t very convincing.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 07:28:30 PM by John »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline John

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2021, 07:29:21 PM »
But according to the taptalk link posted last week you still supported Luke’s campaign in 2010, at least five years after it was obvious the Shane was not going to speak out and certainly, looking at your post, when you were well aware of the facts of the case. So I’m afraid, for me, your answer isn’t very convincing.

I've always said I wasn't 100% sure if that's what you mean.  Shit happens sometimes regardless of the evidence.  If he is innocent he is one very unlucky lad.

Offline rulesapply

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2021, 07:49:48 PM »
Scott Forbes worked for the legal firm that represents Luke Mitchell and takes instruction from Sandra Lean since she allegedly has POA for him.

I must say, this Record article is pretty damming for the Mitchell campaign all said and done.
Do you have any thoughts on this at all please?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2021, 07:53:09 PM »
I've always said I wasn't 100% sure if that's what you mean.  Shit happens sometimes regardless of the evidence.  If he is innocent he is one very unlucky lad.

Maybe I have misunderstood but your recent posts have always appeared to lean more heavily towards guilt. Your 2010 post certainly seems to suggest that at that time you appear to have thought that Luke’s conviction was a miscarriage of justice. At that time you also seem to have been well aware of the facts and Shane’s decision to stay silent.

What facts have arisen since your 2010 post that have, latterly, made you lean more towards guilt?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline rulesapply

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2021, 08:32:49 PM »
Do you have any thoughts on this at all please?
I apologise. That's for Jane Hamilton to deal with, not you. I take my question back.

Offline TruthSeeker2003

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2021, 09:42:07 PM »

Dr Lean has refuted this publicly. Starting there are 2 different Scott Forbes. According to her the one in the C5 doc and the one on Luke's legal team are two different people.  *&^^& *&^^& *&^^& *&^^&
“I am a Truthseeker, searching for truth” “Make of that what you will”

Offline WakeyWakey

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2021, 11:28:52 PM »
Dr Lean has refuted this publicly. Starting there are 2 different Scott Forbes. According to her the one in the C5 doc and the one on Luke's legal team are two different people.  *&^^& *&^^& *&^^& *&^^&

the man himself claims he was on luke legal team lol.

https://twitter.com/Scf65Forbes/status/1113550373946626048

he was living in leith area of edinburgh at the time of crime, being from an area just outside dalkeith area originally

Offline TruthSeeker2003

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2021, 11:30:18 PM »
I know. Sandra denies this for some reason
“I am a Truthseeker, searching for truth” “Make of that what you will”