Author Topic: HM Queen Elizabeth II passes away at the age of 96.  (Read 1268 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: HM Queen Elizabeth II passes away at the age of 96.
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2022, 09:33:46 AM »
I didnít say you said it, I said you supported the tweet which did and implied Charles was not an honourable man.  I grasped it very well thank you.

Understanding, ommenting and explaining doesn't mean supporting. A common mistake, I find.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2022, 10:09:57 AM »
Understanding, ommenting and explaining doesn't mean supporting. A common mistake, I find.
Yeah right.  BTW I don't need you to explain tweets to me - the meaning and intent was quite obvious thanks.
I no longer read nor reply to posts made by those posters I perceive to be WUMS and TROLLS so if you think I'm ignoring you this may be the reason.  Best wishes.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2022, 07:31:05 AM »

A Kingdom Says Goodbye

Jonathan Samuels takes a look back at a historic week that saw the nation come together for the death of the Queen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2N7wqmHwWw
Free Martin Brueckner

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2022, 10:23:55 AM »

Phew.  What a marathon it has been for us all, let alone for The King, poor soul.

Offline Myster

« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2022, 04:09:50 PM »
Phew.  What a marathon it has been for us all, let alone for The King, poor soul.
The final stretch... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuENY9sKTxQ

Offline barrier

« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2022, 04:26:48 PM »

On entry to Windsor chapel he looked as if he had had enough.

E unum pluribus

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2022, 04:28:56 PM »
On entry to Windsor chapel he looked as if he had had enough.

His Mother has just died.  And not a second for him to grieve.

Offline barrier

« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2022, 04:29:19 PM »
I'm not a royalist by any stretch but the pomp cannot be matched imo, but we have witnessed it, imo never to be repeated, where now from here.

E unum pluribus

Offline barrier

« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2022, 04:30:47 PM »

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

E unum pluribus

Offline barrier

« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2022, 04:55:35 PM »
So ended one of the most remarkable day/period's in history .

E unum pluribus

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2022, 05:27:44 PM »
So ended one of the most remarkable day/period's in history .

The slow marching was getting a bit tedious towards the end though, to be fair.
I mean, God bless the Queen, & all that, but there's only so much monotonous pomp & pageantry I can take before I start to sympathise with republicans. Yep, if there's one thing Charles needs to bring into the 21st century then it's state funerals. Thirty minute service at the Crem then a knees up down the local in future me thinks.

Free Martin Brueckner

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2022, 05:28:33 PM »
Utterly impeccable send off but quite draining (and I spent the entire thing on the sofa, for those taking part I canít even imagine the exhaustion and emotion they must be feeling, probably quite a lot of relief right now).
I no longer read nor reply to posts made by those posters I perceive to be WUMS and TROLLS so if you think I'm ignoring you this may be the reason.  Best wishes.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2022, 05:32:40 PM »

The royal family are officially in mourning for another seven days.  I hope the king will manage to take advantage of some respite during that very brief period.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2022, 05:41:30 PM »
Utterly impeccable send off but quite draining (and I spent the entire thing on the sofa, for those taking part I canít even imagine the exhaustion and emotion they must be feeling, probably quite a lot of relief right now).

Me too!
I was on the nerves as the cavalry horses got a bit restive at the pace during the march up the long drive at Windsor.

It's not over for the family yet though; they still have the very private ceremony of the queen's interment which I am sure they will attend.
I don't see the devoted Princess Royal missing out on that.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....