Author Topic: The Remit of SY  (Read 29075 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: The Remit of SY
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2022, 08:19:23 PM »
Hopefully “piss off you nosey old git, it’s got nothing to do with you”  @)(++(*

The Court was a trifle more polite than that.  But in essence, Yes.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2022, 08:21:34 PM »
Hopefully “piss off you nosey old git, it’s got nothing to do with you”  @)(++(*

The court said it didn't have jurisdiction to hear the case

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2022, 08:56:01 PM »
The court said it didn't have jurisdiction to hear the case

In a letter to Mr Bennett, Nick Watson, Clerk to the Justices, Leicestershire and Rutland Magistrates Court, said: "I am not satisfied that this court has jurisdiction. I do not accept that article 17 of the convention (of 19th October 1996 on Jurisdiction, Applicable Law, Recognition, Enforcement and Co-operation in respect of Parental Responsibility and Measures for the Protection of Children) gives the magistrates' courts jurisdiction to deal with a criminal charge brought under the 1933 Act which is alleged to have been committed abroad.

"Under these circumstances I refuse to issue the summonses you have requested."
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2022, 03:29:55 PM »
In a letter to Mr Bennett, Nick Watson, Clerk to the Justices, Leicestershire and Rutland Magistrates Court, said: "I am not satisfied that this court has jurisdiction. I do not accept that article 17 of the convention (of 19th October 1996 on Jurisdiction, Applicable Law, Recognition, Enforcement and Co-operation in respect of Parental Responsibility and Measures for the Protection of Children) gives the magistrates' courts jurisdiction to deal with a criminal charge brought under the 1933 Act which is alleged to have been committed abroad.

"Under these circumstances I refuse to issue the summonses you have requested."

Anthony Bennett obviously thought he knew better.  Coming from a disgraced solicitor, this might tell you all something about Anthony Bennett.

Offline jassi

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2022, 04:25:24 PM »
Anybody  still interested in Bennett ?  So much a yesterday man.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2022, 05:28:42 PM »
You don’t appear to be interested in anything or anyone so god knows why you sully yourself with this forum, it must be such a drag for you to log on each day and see people commenting on things that hold no interest to you.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2022, 05:29:20 PM »

He's worth breaking the forum silence for apparently.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2022, 05:30:54 PM »
Anthony Bennett obviously thought he knew better.  Coming from a disgraced solicitor, this might tell you all something about Anthony Bennett.
Has there ever been a “Justice 4 Maddie” warrior that wasn’t a total embarrassment to the cause?  I can’t think of one.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2022, 05:39:06 PM »
You don’t appear to be interested in anything or anyone so god knows why you sully yourself with this forum, it must be such a drag for you to log on each day and see people commenting on things that hold no interest to you.

No one had actually commented for a week, until Eleanor couldn't resist complaining about sceptics any longer. At least it wasn't Amaral or Portugal this time I suppose.

Offline jassi

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2022, 06:02:43 PM »
I agree with Brietta (probably about the only thing) that we should be concentrating on current, or relatively current events, not events and bit players  from donkey's years ago.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2022, 06:07:58 PM »
I agree with Brietta (probably about the only thing) that we should be concentrating on current, or relatively current events, not events and bit players  from donkey's years ago.
Concentrate away - start a thread and let’s hear what words of wisdom you have to share on “current events”.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2022, 06:11:03 PM »
Anyhow this thread appears to have taken the wind out of the sails of those complaining about Op Grange’s remit.  Davel handed them the seed of a whole new conspiracy theory which I’m surprised no one has yet picked up on. 

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2022, 06:14:08 PM »
Concentrate away - start a thread and let’s hear what words of wisdom you have to share on “current events”.

How about the thread title 'Wolters never really had any concrete evidence'. Because that's the truth & the very reason there's nothing to talk about.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2022, 06:29:05 PM »
How about the thread title 'Wolters never really had any concrete evidence'. Because that's the truth & the very reason there's nothing to talk about.

There is nothing to talk about on fora:  all the discussion currently is taking place under the auspices of the German legal system.

We will eventually discover the outcome of that when it is decided which - if any - of the five sex attacks Brueckner is accused of will proceed to trial.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2022, 06:36:17 PM »
There is nothing to talk about on fora:  all the discussion currently is taking place under the auspices of the German legal system.

We will eventually discover the outcome of that when it is decided which - if any - of the five sex attacks Brueckner is accused of will proceed to trial.

None of the offences have anything whatsoever to do with Madeleine's disappearence though.