Author Topic: Mikaeel Kular > Body found at aunt's home in Kirkcaldy, Fife.  (Read 62672 times)

AnneGuedes

Re: Mikaeel Kular > Body found at aunt's home in Kirkcaldy, Fife.
« Reply #255 on: January 20, 2014, 02:07:10 AM »
By that reasoning the McCanns shouldn't have been named either or the Ciprianos or the Needhams but there you go...one law for one and...
What "reasoning" are you talking about, Angelo ? Minors are unnamed in Portugal and in France, but this is the unique restriction. In Germany however, protagonists of a fait-divers aren't surnamed. Am I not allowed to find it better this way ?

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #256 on: January 20, 2014, 02:36:41 AM »
What do you mean, John ? She didn't ask to be named. What interest is there in naming the protagonists of a drama ?

She called police and claimed her son had disappeared. That was guaranteed to result in a well-publicised search, an inevitable result of which she herself would be named.

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #257 on: January 20, 2014, 06:29:41 AM »
Family members spoke of their devastation, describing Mikaeel as a shy and playful boy who never left his mother’s side. Pandeep, 37, who is Rosdeep’s sister, said: ‘We’re devastated. We’ve just lost him.’

Mikaeel’s grandmother Harjinder, 59, a retired doctor who is Miss Kular’s mother, said: ‘This has been such a difficult time and my head is all over the place. I just want to be there for my daughter but I am appreciative for all that has been done to help us. I’m very sad.’

Speaking from their detached home near the woods where Mikaeel was found, her husband Dr Bangarpet Krishnaswamy added: ‘I’d like to thank all the public and the police for the search, which sadly turned out to be futile. I am sorry, I am too upset to say anything more.’

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #258 on: January 20, 2014, 06:39:09 AM »
Family members spoke of their devastation, describing Mikaeel as a shy and playful boy who never left his mother’s side. Pandeep, 37, who is Rosdeep’s sister, said: ‘We’re devastated. We’ve just lost him.’

Mikaeel’s grandmother Harjinder, 59, a retired doctor who is Miss Kular’s mother, said: ‘This has been such a difficult time and my head is all over the place. I just want to be there for my daughter but I am appreciative for all that has been done to help us. I’m very sad.’

Speaking from their detached home near the woods where Mikaeel was found, her husband Dr Bangarpet Krishnaswamy added: ‘I’d like to thank all the public and the police for the search, which sadly turned out to be futile. I am sorry, I am too upset to say anything more.’

Bless its so sad, all this fall out. They have lost their grandson, and their daughter sadly. Their lives are ruined. At the end of their life that they have worked hard and hoping to enjoy some quiet times in retirement, seconds in someones life has changed all that.......

Cariad

« Reply #259 on: January 20, 2014, 07:14:41 AM »
Bless its so sad, all this fall out. They have lost their grandson, and their daughter sadly. Their lives are ruined. At the end of their life that they have worked hard and hoping to enjoy some quiet times in retirement, seconds in someones life has changed all that.......

I completely agree. I hope that some respect is shown to the family by the media.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #260 on: January 20, 2014, 07:50:47 AM »
BBC Scotland

Mikaeel Kular: Two men arrested over racist tweets
 Mikaeel Kular The racist tweets related to the disappearance of Mikaeel Kular

Offensive Mikaeel tweet investigated

Two men have been arrested after racist comments about the disappearance of three-year-old Mikaeel Kular were posted on Twitter.

Police said the men, aged 19 and 26, had been arrested, questioned and released on bail.

The tweets were brought to the attention of Police Scotland by members of the public in Edinburgh.

Police Scotland officers liaised with Hampshire and Derbyshire forces to identify the suspects.

On Saturday, Police Scotland said they were investigating another offensive tweet relating to the case which had originated in the Manchester area.

Ch Supt Mark Williams, Police Scotland's divisional commander for Edinburgh, said: "Any reports of racist, offensive or abusive comments made online will be thoroughly investigated and those responsible will be brought to justice.

"If you commit an offence, we will investigate it and you will be prosecuted"

Rightly so..

I wonder how they define 'offensive' exactly,

And surely any kind of racism is completely unacceptable, unless it's a joke about an Englishman, Irishman & a Scotsman, of course because there would be absolutely nothing racist about that would there.

The extreme racist is more liberal than any hypocrite liberal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwEi5Dpq6zs
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 07:56:49 AM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #261 on: January 20, 2014, 07:56:23 AM »

And surely any kind of racism is completely unacceptable, unless it's a joke about an Englishman, Irishman & a Scotsman, of course because there would be absolutely nothing racist about that would there.

I think most of us understand what is offensive

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #262 on: January 20, 2014, 08:22:58 AM »
I think most of us understand what is offensive

It's subjective.

Offline jassi

« Reply #263 on: January 20, 2014, 08:51:43 AM »
It's subjective.

Indeed it is. Some people can be offended by the slightest thing, while others aren't.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline lizzibif

« Reply #264 on: January 20, 2014, 09:18:52 AM »

The extreme racist is more liberal than any hypocrite liberal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwEi5Dpq6zs

Hardly the same thing when a deceased 3 year old boy is  involved..plus we don't know to the extent what the racist comments were..obviously serious enough for the police to get involved..
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 09:22:02 AM by lizzibif »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #265 on: January 20, 2014, 09:26:05 AM »
It's subjective.

to a certain extent it is...but it is also governed by law

AnneGuedes

« Reply #266 on: January 20, 2014, 10:11:11 AM »
She called police and claimed her son had disappeared. That was guaranteed to result in a well-publicised search, an inevitable result of which she herself would be named.
I'm not suggesting that she should have been asked her name when she called the police !
I'm just asking what is the necessity to put her name in the media ? Freedom of information doesn't imply information on identity.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #267 on: January 20, 2014, 11:37:57 AM »
What "reasoning" are you talking about, Angelo ? Minors are unnamed in Portugal and in France, but this is the unique restriction. In Germany however, protagonists of a fait-divers aren't surnamed. Am I not allowed to find it better this way ?

Are we all to suddenly develop amnesia since a missing child case has now turned into a murder inquiry?  Miss Kular sought the help of the public so it was only natural that her name and the name of the missing child be known just as it was with Madeleine McCann.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 11:42:04 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline lizzibif

« Reply #268 on: January 20, 2014, 12:01:05 PM »
What is it that you dont understand about the press releasing her name..the way I read it is that the press shouldn't have gave out the mother 's name when she was only detained at the time the press released it..that it what the scots courts are talking about..not that she was named as the boys mother..before she was detained..

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #269 on: January 20, 2014, 01:02:14 PM »
to a certain extent it is...but it is also governed by law

Well whatever they have said would have to be 'beyond offensive' for them to face trial apparently.

http://oursocialtimes.com/prosecutors-clarify-uk-law-on-offensive-social-media-posts/