Author Topic: Mark Alexander  (Read 41667 times)

Offline Daisy

Mark Alexander
« on: October 19, 2016, 09:21:31 AM »
Please could I draw your attention to this case and I welcome your comments.

http://www.mojuk.org.uk/MOJUK%202015/Mark%20Alexander.html

Murder victim Samuel Alexander (left) with son Mark who was convicted of his murder.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 12:15:28 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline John

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Eleanor

Re: Mark Alexander
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 04:39:17 PM »

This conviction sounds a bit dodgy.  Let's hear more of it.

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 05:09:43 PM »
This conviction sounds a bit dodgy.  Let's hear more of it.

Dodgy?  Have you not read about what the son did AFTER the father died?  The poor old guy was dead and the son was living off his care allowances.  Son sent out Christmas cards in father's name to hide the fact he was dead.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 05:36:44 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 09:23:07 AM »
Thanks to John and Eleanor for your comments regarding this case.  There are lots of unanswered questions and I hope to learn a lot more about the murder of Samuel.  I have been writing to Mark for around a year and my gut feeling is that he is innocent.  I appreciate the links you posted John but don’t jump to conclusions before hearing all the facts.  You above all must appreciate that the papers sensationalise things and as the saying goes “never let the truth get in the way of a good story.”

I would like to point out some of the inaccuracies in this matter.  First of all Mark’s parents were not married as has been reported.

The serious case review I think it pointing more at the incompetence of Buckinghamshire Council than the guilt of Mark Alexander.  This account was set up as a joint account for Mark and his father and Mark had Power of Attorney.  At the time Mark was running his own IT business and was paying a considerable amount into the account which his father was free to dip into.  Mark also had every right to draw money from the account.  There were indeed carers employed but on many occasions Samuel ignored the door or had violent arguments with them and they refused to go back to the house.  He certainly had some serious anger issues.

One has to appreciate that Samuel was a very complex character with various aliases.  He regularly posted on sex chat websites posing as a man in his 20s, and had several mobile phones.  This information was only given to Mark by the police after his father had died which horrified Mark as he had no idea of what his father was up to.  Mark last saw his father on 15th October 2009 but the police plucked a date out of the air to fit in with what they believed.  There has been no formal date of death confirmed.

It is known that Samuel had many enemies.  In fact the neighbours were frightened of him and once he went after one of them waving a knife.  He employed casual labour and then argued with workers and threw them out of his property.

The neighbours kept a dossier on Mark with the encouragement of two former police officers who lived in the village.  It is concerning to hear that Samuel’s car was used after his death by an unknown person while Mark was at University but the neighbours saw nothing.  They also have no knowledge of who laid the first two layers of mortar, carried out by a professional.

I am keen to get to the bottom of this mystery and if anyone has connections to Drayton Parslow I would be interested to hear.

Please help me with this and ask more questions which I can then put to Mark.

Offline misty

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 01:07:49 AM »
Thanks to John and Eleanor for your comments regarding this case.  There are lots of unanswered questions and I hope to learn a lot more about the murder of Samuel.  I have been writing to Mark for around a year and my gut feeling is that he is innocent.  I appreciate the links you posted John but don’t jump to conclusions before hearing all the facts.  You above all must appreciate that the papers sensationalise things and as the saying goes “never let the truth get in the way of a good story.”

I would like to point out some of the inaccuracies in this matter.  First of all Mark’s parents were not married as has been reported.

The serious case review I think it pointing more at the incompetence of Buckinghamshire Council than the guilt of Mark Alexander.  This account was set up as a joint account for Mark and his father and Mark had Power of Attorney.  At the time Mark was running his own IT business and was paying a considerable amount into the account which his father was free to dip into.  Mark also had every right to draw money from the account.  There were indeed carers employed but on many occasions Samuel ignored the door or had violent arguments with them and they refused to go back to the house.  He certainly had some serious anger issues.

One has to appreciate that Samuel was a very complex character with various aliases.  He regularly posted on sex chat websites posing as a man in his 20s, and had several mobile phones.  This information was only given to Mark by the police after his father had died which horrified Mark as he had no idea of what his father was up to.  Mark last saw his father on 15th October 2009 but the police plucked a date out of the air to fit in with what they believed.  There has been no formal date of death confirmed.

It is known that Samuel had many enemies.  In fact the neighbours were frightened of him and once he went after one of them waving a knife.  He employed casual labour and then argued with workers and threw them out of his property.

The neighbours kept a dossier on Mark with the encouragement of two former police officers who lived in the village.  It is concerning to hear that Samuel’s car was used after his death by an unknown person while Mark was at University but the neighbours saw nothing.  They also have no knowledge of who laid the first two layers of mortar, carried out by a professional.

I am keen to get to the bottom of this mystery and if anyone has connections to Drayton Parslow I would be interested to hear.

Hi Daisy
Not having seen all the documents relating to the alleged building work, can Mark give an explanation as to why he undertook to order the concrete?

Offline Daisy

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 01:59:03 PM »

Hi Misty this is a very valid point.  This is the story of the concrete.  There were conifer trees growing at both the front and rear of the property and a surveyor advised that these should be removed as the roots were growing into the foundations of the house.  Samuel discussed the underpinning and concrete work with Mark and this would be done once the trees were down.  In photos of the crime scene there is a tent erected at the front of the property but the area where Samuel was buried was at the back.

Mark came home from University and could see that in all areas the first part of the work had been completed.  Samuel had informed Mark that once this had been done, then they would need to order ready-mix concrete to add on top.  Therefore Mark ordered this and laid it.  It was a very amateur job compared to the layers underneath which experts have said were laid by a professional

Offline Myster

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 05:42:21 PM »
Daisy...

Can you pinpoint exactly where this "concrete" was laid on the bird's-eye view below. Behind the house, or behind the double garage to the right.

On the MoJ site you originally linked to, the concrete is referred to as mortar. Is this a mistake, because mortar is just a mixture of cement and sand, so it seems strange that three layers of this relatively weak material was used to underpin? the foundations?

Was the ready-mix concrete firm who supplied this mortar/concrete not consulted by the police as to when it was delivered?

And what about the people/builders involved with the laying of those first three layers. Were they interviewed and cleared?

Rear/side view of property...

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 08:52:28 PM »
Hi Myster

Thank you for your questions.  I am going to put all this to Mark as I do not have access to all the case files.  However I can tell you that Mark ordered the top layer of concrete on 17th November and this was delivered on the 19th.  This has all been verified with the firm who delivered it.  They knew both Mark and his father as various building works were carried out on the property over a ten year period.

No one has knowledge of who did the first part of the work and if we did then we would know who buried Samuel's body.  As previously stated, Samuel often used casual labour.

Please give me a couple of weeks to report back as I have to get a letter off to Mark and then wait for his reply.

Offline puglove

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 04:53:35 PM »
This is an interesting case, and there are some comparisons with the WHF murders. If ever a book is written, I really hope it's entitled "Nothing ever happens in Drayton Parslow."
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 06:54:54 PM »
This is an interesting case, and there are some comparisons with the WHF murders. If ever a book is written, I really hope it's entitled "Nothing ever happens in Drayton Parslow."

I can't see any comparisons with the WHS farm murders. The only thing Mark has in common with Jeremy is he was privately educated.

Offline John

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2016, 12:51:33 PM »

Hi again Daisy.  My apologies for not responding earlier. I will have a fresh look at the case but first can you ask Mark why he sent out Christmas cards in his fathers name when his father was dead as far back as August/September?

And why did he lie when he claimed that his father was living with friends in London?

Do you really think a third party could have been involved in this murder because I find it extremely unlikely.  Had someone else murdered Mr Alexander they could not have got away with burying him in the garden.  Only Mark had access to the property, the neighbours would have found anyone else's presence suspicious.  I'm afraid it just doesn't point to a miscarriage of justice.

I am always willing to be persuaded however knowing what I do about the justice system.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 01:09:01 PM by John »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2016, 02:45:57 PM »
Please could I draw your attention to this case and I welcome your comments.

http://www.mojuk.org.uk/MOJUK%202015/Mark%20Alexander.html

Can I enquire how you got involved with this case?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Liniann

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2016, 03:12:00 PM »
I've only just started to look in to this case so unable to give fair comment on the case in general, however who ever buried Samuel it suggests someone close to him and had the time to remove the body, bury Samuel and clean up the crime scene.
I'm a retired police officer with a distinction in Criminology and profiling. At this time I am studying Forensic Science. I look forward to interacting with the people on here that love to get their teeth in to unsolved crimes or weak convictions.

Offline Myster

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2016, 03:32:27 PM »
Samuel Alexander's neighbours were gobsmacked at his disappearance, and as nosey as the Eatons and Boutflours in the Bamber case...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1311020/Lies-midsomer-murderer-As-gifted-son-gets-life-butchering-pushy-father-amateur-village-sleuths-unravelled-elaborate-pretence-victim-alive.html

Location of the "grave" by the corner of the double garage where the black downspout is...

An amateurish underpinning job, if that's what it's supposed to be.  Is that a carbon stain on the wall from the attempted burning of Samuel Alexander's body?...

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.