Author Topic: Channel Five documentary - "Murder in a Small Town"  (Read 51070 times)

Offline John

Re: Channel Five documentary - "Murder in a Small Town"
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2021, 09:51:49 PM »
I don’t know about that case, I just wondered what evidence there was that would make anyone certain that Luke Mitchell did the crime?

There is a lot of circumstantial evidence Vertigo. For example, Luke Mitchell claimed to be home at the time Jodi was murdered but his older brother told the court that he (Shane Mitchell) was alone in the family home.

Mitchell had a history of threatening teenage girls with a knife.

He was seen standing at the side of the main road by the path which led to the murder scene minutes after Jodi was murdered. Mark Kane is now being accused, 17 years on, of being the boy the two witnesses saw.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 09:56:59 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2021, 09:52:55 PM »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline John

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2021, 09:58:15 PM »
How so?

You say a miscarriage of justice occurred in the Simon Hall case?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2021, 10:00:04 PM »
I see that Sandra Lean is now making public the fact that Jodi was almost decapitated, something which has been kept quiet for years.

In Part 2, Sandra Lean is see driving into the park and trying to make the point that Luke would have had to walk past numerous houses after the murder.  WRONG!  BULLSHIT ALERT!   There is another route from the end of the lane, across the main road, across the stream and up the back of the houses to the Mitchell home.  Sandra Lean must think were bloody stupid.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 09:33:49 AM by John »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2021, 10:03:29 PM »
You say a miscarriage of justice occurred in the Simon Hall case?

There was a breach of the carriage of justice - Simon Hall was wrongly convicted in that his motive for the murder wasn’t ‘a burglary gone wrong’
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2021, 10:08:18 PM »
There is a lot of circumstantial evidence Vertigo. For example, Luke Mitchell claimed to be home at the time Jodi was murdered but his older brother told the court that he (Shane Mitchell) was alone in the family home.

Mitchell had a history of threatening teenage girls with a knife.

He was seen standing at the side of the main road by the path which led to the murder scene minutes after Jodi was murdered. Mark Kane is now being accused, 17 years on, of being the boy the two witnesses saw.
It sounds to me like far too much store was set by the witness statement, certainly of the witness in the car.  Who was the other witness?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2021, 10:11:04 PM »
It sounds to me like far too much store was set by the witness statement, certainly of the witness in the car.  Who was the other witness?

Both women were in the car that drove past the boy claimed to be Luke Mitchell.

Offline John

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2021, 10:15:58 PM »
Sandra Lean puts a lot of store in the Bryson failed identification. Little wonder given Mitchell had changed his appearance by the time the trial took place.

Part 2 is just as weak as Part 1 in my opinion.  The absence of DNA on Mitchell and his clothing is easily explained. Clearly he had cleaned himself up between leaving school that day and being arrested.  He was with Jodi that day at school yet NONE of her DNA was found on him as would have been expected.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 10:20:28 PM by John »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2021, 10:19:45 PM »
Both women were in the car that drove past the boy claimed to be Luke Mitchell.
I personally don’t think any credibility can be given to a sighting of an individual some distance from the road from a car travelling at 30mph.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2021, 10:22:15 PM »
I personally don’t think any credibility can be given to a sighting of an individual some distance from the road from a car travelling at 30mph.

He was standing looking like a hare caught in the headlights right on the side of the road so the women passed by within feet of him. That is why they notice him.

Sandra Lean claimed for years that the boy was not standing on the opposite side of the road from the end of the path. She obviously has now been enlightened.

Corinne Mitchell was far too defensive any time I engaged with her on the forums. She did not come across as genuine.

Lie detector tests are a false science and can never be relied upon.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 10:28:27 PM by John »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2021, 10:25:58 PM »
He was standing looking like a hare caught in the headlights right on the side of the road so the women passed by within feet of him. That is why they notice him.
Are you saying the reconstruction on the programme was false then?  He was shown back from the edge of the road.  I just don’t believe an could accurately identify  a pedestrian hours after seeing them from with a car travelling at 30mph, and the programme’s experiment seems to bear that out.

Offline John

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2021, 10:29:51 PM »
Are you saying the reconstruction on the programme was false then?  He was shown back from the edge of the road.  I just don’t believe an could accurately identify  a pedestrian hours after seeing them from with a car travelling at 30mph, and the programme’s experiment seems to bear that out.

They didn't do a reconstruction of Luke Mitchell standing on his own.  I think you are referring to the Bryson sighting where she saw a boy and a girl standing back from the road possibly arguing?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 10:32:59 PM by John »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2021, 10:33:43 PM »
They didn't do a reconstruction of Luke Mitchell standing on his own.  I think you are referring to the Bryson sighting where she saw a boy and a girl standing back from the road possibly arguing?
Yes that’s the one I presume that was reconstructed on tonight’s programme. 

Offline John

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2021, 10:36:44 PM »
I must say that I'm shocked at the way Corinne Mitchell is living. She appears to be beaten down with it all and I know from personal what that can feel like.

I think the documentary was lacking an awful lot of detail and was intentionally biased. Very poor journalism imo.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 10:40:30 PM by John »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2021, 10:40:24 PM »
I must say that I'm shocked at the way Corinne Mitchell is living.
She has recently been rehoused I just read.