Author Topic: New member  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Lynn

« on: July 26, 2021, 10:53:10 PM »
I am not sure if I am in the right section introducing myself as a new member.  I have been following the Luke mitchell case recently. I have watched the podcasts.  Read everything I can online from the BBC news pages to the online appeal papers and  the information in the free library.  Watched Frontline Scotland and murder in a small town. I have also read Sandra Lean's book.  After reading it I was convinced he was innocent.  She has access to the defence papers  and there appears to be many questions.  I can quote many issues with the information provided that make Luke guilty based on the information in the book. However after reading many of the threads on here I am now not sure.  I am a member of several of the supports group on Facebook and like here I have read alot of information which give the impression he is innocent and others which make him look guilty.  My biggest issue is how did he managed to do what he allegedly did without leaving any  DNA at the scene or his house or on himself.   There is a knife apparently in police custody which was found at the scene which has never been tested since Luke was already convicted.  AB the witness who saw a couple at the path could not identify luke in court.  The other witnesses at the other end of the path didn't see Luke's face.  His brothers statement appears to be all over the place but I don't know the circumstances his statement was obtained under. The witness statements which changed many times for many people.  I do find it strange that many people involved  ie the moped boys, the search party AB all have a connection with the family .  I am not accusing anyone.  What happened to jodi is absolutely horrific and I can't imagine what the jones family have gone through. 

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 07:16:00 AM »
I am not sure if I am in the right section introducing myself as a new member.  I have been following the Luke mitchell case recently. I have watched the podcasts.  Read everything I can online from the BBC news pages to the online appeal papers and  the information in the free library.  Watched Frontline Scotland and murder in a small town. I have also read Sandra Lean's book.  After reading it I was convinced he was innocent.  She has access to the defence papers  and there appears to be many questions.  I can quote many issues with the information provided that make Luke guilty based on the information in the book. However after reading many of the threads on here I am now not sure.  I am a member of several of the supports group on Facebook and like here I have read alot of information which give the impression he is innocent and others which make him look guilty.  My biggest issue is how did he managed to do what he allegedly did without leaving any  DNA at the scene or his house or on himself.   There is a knife apparently in police custody which was found at the scene which has never been tested since Luke was already convicted.  AB the witness who saw a couple at the path could not identify luke in court.  The other witnesses at the other end of the path didn't see Luke's face.  His brothers statement appears to be all over the place but I don't know the circumstances his statement was obtained under. The witness statements which changed many times for many people.  I do find it strange that many people involved  ie the moped boys, the search party AB all have a connection with the family .  I am not accusing anyone.  What happened to jodi is absolutely horrific and I can't imagine what the jones family have gone through.

Hi Lynn. Yes, you are in the right place for introductions!  Welcome.

You appear to be well informed about the Luke Mitchell case, and I look forward to reading your posts.

I'm not sure about his guilt, either, and I'm asking a lot of the same questions as you are!