Author Topic: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?  (Read 112119 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?
« Reply #195 on: March 29, 2020, 11:26:00 AM »
I think now is exactly the time to to hold the government to account because next week, next month when their negligent decisions have cost the lives of untold Britons it’ll be too late.
I think what really pisses off the Left is that the Tories aren’t behaving in the way they believe the Tories ought to be behaving.  I think they’re annoyed that the Tories aren’t doing a Trump and  dismissing the pandemic and downplaying it, that they aren’t putting big business first and saying to hell with the sick and the weak and the old, and actively encouraging the NHS to collapse under the strain so that private enterprise csn move in.  This is what you would expect from the Nasty Party and you’re somewhat miffed that they haven’t been acting true to type. IMO. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #196 on: March 29, 2020, 11:53:03 AM »
You.  And all the other the know-it-all lefties on the internet.  And anyone who has (to use your word - do you actually know what it means?) maligned the government.  Constructive criticism from those in positions of authority within the NHS I don’t have a problem with, they obviously don’t want people to die, unlike those who seem to get a great deal of “I told you so” enjoyment from a mounting death toll. 

Answer me this (you won’t, you will deflect, I predict) - which outcome do you most hope for -

That government actions successfully halt the spread of the disease and the death toll falls far short of the 20000 expected, the Tories standing in the polls remains high until the next election which they win
OR
The death toll soars past the 20,000 expected and the government’s actions are widely condemned in a public inquiry which costs them the next election.

?

You really do plumb the depths at times, don’t you.

This isn’t about political one upmanship, much as you’d like to paint it as such and ironically it appears to be you trying to make political capital from the number of deaths.

For the avoidance of doubt I want the government’s actions to save as many lives as possible. I have no interest in how this impacts on Johnson’s or his government’s careers..that’s your bag.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #197 on: March 29, 2020, 11:58:11 AM »
What’s a better indicator then of government performance against other world governments?

No idea but the expert you have put so much faith in seems to disagree with you

Rule of thumb...if you are trying to prove a point, don’t post articles that don’t undermine that point.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #198 on: March 29, 2020, 11:59:18 AM »
Whataboutery at its finest.

No just a straightforward question.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #199 on: March 29, 2020, 12:04:02 PM »
You really do plumb the depths at times, don’t you.

This isn’t about political one upmanship, much as you’d like to paint it as such and ironically it appears to be you trying to make political capital from the number of deaths.

For the avoidance of doubt I want the government’s actions to save as many lives as possible. I have no interest in how this impacts on Johnson’s or his government’s careers..that’s your bag.
Actually no it’s not, I did not vote Tory last time and have never voted Tory ever in my entire life so just shows how wrong you can be, I am not the one politicising this - who started a thread entitled “Is Boris’ Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger?”. Oh that’s right - it was you. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #200 on: March 29, 2020, 12:05:42 PM »
No idea but the expert you have put so much faith in seems to disagree with you

Rule of thumb...if you are trying to prove a point, don’t post articles that don’t undermine that point.
Unlike you, I am a bit more nuanced than that.  So you can provide no bench marks by which to judge this government’s performance versus others worldwide?  I suggest you come up with some then before continuing to rip our government to shreds on a daily basis. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #201 on: March 29, 2020, 12:06:54 PM »
No just a straightforward question.
I think you’ll find I asked the question first and you deflected with your own question.  Remember?  Probably not!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #202 on: March 29, 2020, 12:08:04 PM »
I think what really pisses off the Left is that the Tories aren’t behaving in the way they believe the Tories ought to be behaving.  I think they’re annoyed that the Tories aren’t doing a Trump and  dismissing the pandemic and downplaying it, that they aren’t putting big business first and saying to hell with the sick and the weak and the old, and actively encouraging the NHS to collapse under the strain so that private enterprise csn move in.  This is what you would expect from the Nasty Party and you’re somewhat miffed that they haven’t been acting true to type. IMO.

I think what’s really annoying the right is that their poster boy is being scrutinised like never before and has been found wanting. I mean you must be another level of incompetent when even Jeremy Hunt, arguably one of the most unpopular and incompetent health secretaries in recent history, is criticising you.

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-jeremy-hunt-warns-there-are-too-many-gaps-leaving-nhs-doctors-without-proper-protective-equipment-2482762

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #203 on: March 29, 2020, 12:09:47 PM »
Actually no it’s not, I did not vote Tory last time and have never voted Tory ever in my entire life so just shows how wrong you can be, I am not the one politicising this - who started a thread entitled “Is Boris’ Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger?”. Oh that’s right - it was you.

I didn’t say you voted Tory...just that you appear to be spearheading it’s defence...against all the available data.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #204 on: March 29, 2020, 12:09:51 PM »
I think what’s really annoying the right is that their poster boy is being scrutinised like never before and has been found wanting. I mean you must be another level of incompetent when even Jeremy Hunt, arguably one of the most unpopular and incompetent health secretaries in recent history, is criticising you.

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-jeremy-hunt-warns-there-are-too-many-gaps-leaving-nhs-doctors-without-proper-protective-equipment-2482762
Except that Boris’ personal approval has never been higher so that blows your theory out of the water.  Oops.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #205 on: March 29, 2020, 12:10:51 PM »
I didn’t say you voted Tory...just that you appear to be spearheading it’s defence...against all the available data.
What I am spearheading is not being a dick and using this crisis as an opportunity to stick the boot in for political capital.  Some people just can’t help themselves it seems.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #206 on: March 29, 2020, 12:14:19 PM »
Unlike you, I am a bit more nuanced than that.  So you can provide no bench marks by which to judge this government’s performance versus others worldwide?  I suggest you come up with some then before continuing to rip our government to shreds on a daily basis.

Nuanced ?  Simplistic would be a better description.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #207 on: March 29, 2020, 12:14:51 PM »
I think you’ll find I asked the question first and you deflected with your own question.  Remember?  Probably not!

Yawn.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #208 on: March 29, 2020, 12:20:31 PM »
Except that Boris’ personal approval has never been higher so that blows your theory out of the water.  Oops.

A majority of just over 1000 people have said they have faith in Johnson and his government....whereas almost all the medical experts asked to comment have expressed dismay in his sluggish handling of this crisis....who to take notice of...mmmm it’s a hard one.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #209 on: March 29, 2020, 12:22:24 PM »
What I am spearheading is not being a dick and using this crisis as an opportunity to stick the boot in for political capital.  Some people just can’t help themselves it seems.

‘What I am spearheading is not being a dick ’

Then you’re unfortunately failing miserably.