Author Topic: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?  (Read 112128 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?
« Reply #825 on: May 21, 2020, 06:47:10 PM »
I'm not quite sure what "as soon as possible" means in reality... I hope he's not waiting for that elusive £350m a week.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #826 on: May 21, 2020, 10:31:55 PM »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Carana

« Reply #827 on: May 22, 2020, 11:41:16 AM »
Thanks, Faith.

I'm also intrigued by Palantir and how involved it may be. The rest of the article is behind a paywall.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2020/05/16/inside-story-cia-backed-palantir-embedded-nhs-socialite-running/

I'd never have heard of it until I starting reading about the web of connections between the Brexit campaign and the US elections... Peter Thiel, Cambridge Analytica, Bannon, Banks, Farage, the Mercers...

« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 11:43:54 AM by Carana »

Offline Carana

« Reply #828 on: May 22, 2020, 11:49:29 AM »
I'm also noticing attacks on the BoJo government by the Mail and the Telegraph, which I find a bit.... odd.

Fair and due criticism, where warranted, is fine by me, but, IMO, they're both right-wing tabloids.

I wonder what Farage is up to these days, beyond breaking the lockdown for a photo op of a migrant refugee boat?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #829 on: May 23, 2020, 12:54:58 PM »

I am sick to death of reading & hearing on the news that "Corona virus has cost business X amount".

The virus it's self has done no such thing, it's the governments handling of the virus, closing down the economy for the past 3 months, that has cost businesses & wrecked the economy.

Now they want to quarantine international travellers for 14 days, long after the horse has bolted, effectively killing off the travel industry.

It's pathetic, the level of panic, chaos & economic damage this government have caused by their actions.

I went out for a drive the other day & almost nowhere was open, people were having to queue around a car park standing metres apart, some complete with their face masks, just for the privilege of entering Tesco.

There was a KFC open nearby where a long queue of cars were idling for presumably hours at a time, just to be served some greasy chicken via a window.

I then drove to a local beauty spot where every man & his dog seemed to have congregated, since there is b....r all else to do, the car park was full, the bins overflowing & the public toilets were closed.

When restaurants & pubs finally open they will no doubt have to adhere to the ridiculous social distancing measures, meaning hand sanitiser at every table, no cash payments, patrons having to stand metres apart, limits on how many people can enter the establishment at any one time, which will probably mean long queues outside, provided people aren't too scared to leave their houses in the first place.

Then there's the problem with schools, parents are too afraid to send their crotch goblins back until there's a vaccine. So there's several million people who can't return to work because they have to stay home & care for the little shits.

Gymnasiums ,how on earth will you be able to work out? You'll have to sanitise every piece of equipment you touch. Doing drop sets of free weights would take about 5 hours.

Swimming pools, why the hell are they closed anyway?
I'm pretty sure the virus doesn't survive inside a giant bath of chlorine.

Anyway, rant almost over, we'll be experiencing the ramifications of this governments botched handling of the virus for years to come.

I maintain that what the government should have done was impose no restrictions on the public & business & just let nature run it's course for the unlucky ones.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline barrier

« Reply #830 on: May 23, 2020, 01:18:04 PM »
I am sick to death of reading & hearing on the news that "Corona virus has cost business X amount".

The virus it's self has done no such thing, it's the governments handling of the virus, closing down the economy for the past 3 months, that has cost businesses & wrecked the economy.

Now they want to quarantine international travellers for 14 days, long after the horse has bolted, effectively killing off the travel industry.

It's pathetic, the level of panic, chaos & economic damage this government have caused by their actions.

I went out for a drive the other day & almost nowhere was open, people were having to queue around a car park standing metres apart, some complete with their face masks, just for the privilege of entering Tesco.

There was a KFC open nearby where a long queue of cars were idling for presumably hours at a time, just to be served some greasy chicken via a window.

I then drove to a local beauty spot where every man & his dog seemed to have congregated, since there is b....r all else to do, the car park was full, the bins overflowing & the public toilets were closed.

When restaurants & pubs finally open they will no doubt have to adhere to the ridiculous social distancing measures, meaning hand sanitiser at every table, no cash payments, patrons having to stand metres apart, limits on how many people can enter the establishment at any one time, which will probably mean long queues outside, provided people aren't too scared to leave their houses in the first place.

Then there's the problem with schools, parents are too afraid to send their crotch goblins back until there's a vaccine. So there's several million people who can't return to work because they have to stay home & care for the little shits.

Gymnasiums ,how on earth will you be able to work out? You'll have to sanitise every piece of equipment you touch. Doing drop sets of free weights would take about 5 hours.

Swimming pools, why the hell are they closed anyway?
I'm pretty sure the virus doesn't survive inside a giant bath of chlorine.

Anyway, rant almost over, we'll be experiencing the ramifications of this governments botched handling of the virus for years to come.

I maintain that what the government should have done was impose no restrictions on the public & business & just let nature run it's course for the unlucky ones.

We had our share.

https://www.northdevongazette.co.uk/news/crowds-flock-to-north-devon-s-beaches-despite-coronavirus-1-6662470
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #831 on: May 23, 2020, 02:21:33 PM »
If Boris doesn’t sack that little weasel Cummings today then that’s it for me, I shall start slagging off the government good and proper just like everyone else is.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #832 on: May 23, 2020, 05:59:57 PM »
If Boris doesn’t sack that little weasel Cummings today then that’s it for me, I shall start slagging off the government good and proper just like everyone else is.

A gift for Starmer imo,Cummings that is.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #833 on: May 23, 2020, 06:17:05 PM »
What an absolute arrogant idiot not to realise or not to care that such actions would come back to bite him and his employer big time.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #834 on: May 23, 2020, 08:42:08 PM »

Funny how over 36,000 deaths wasn’t reason enough for criticism.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #835 on: May 23, 2020, 11:20:50 PM »

Someone’s tweeted

So #Cummings seems to have the same level of respect for the welfare of his parents as Jeremy Bamber
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #836 on: May 23, 2020, 11:49:01 PM »
Someone’s tweeted

So #Cummings seems to have the same level of respect for the welfare of his parents as Jeremy Bamber
Slightly overstating the case methinks, undoubted weasel though he is.

Offline barrier

« Reply #837 on: May 24, 2020, 06:25:56 AM »
Funny how over 36,000 deaths wasn’t reason enough for criticism.
Political capital out of deaths is not on the agenda,the hindsight experts will have there say.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #838 on: May 24, 2020, 08:42:01 AM »
I’m not entirely certain but I think that Faithlilly’s comment was directed at me.  I have refused to engage in the ceaseless blame game that many have indulged in online (and it would seem, been enjoying immensely) because whilst I can see that the government has made mistakes, that has only been apparent really with the benefit of hindsight and I do believe that on the whole their intentions have been good and that in the midst of a crisis there is little to be gained by heaping additional pressure on the shoulders of those making life and death decisions.   The DC thing is different in that it is a flagrant breach of the rules that we have all been forced to live by and there is a very clear course of action that the PM now needs to take if he stands any chance whatsoever of keeping people onside and adhering to his further orders regarding what we can and cannot do.  To lend his wholehearted support to this arrogant rule breaker is a very big and obvious mistake that requires no hindsight to understand and that makes me think that Boris and his henchmen are really not very bright if they can’t see the glaringly obvious.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #839 on: May 24, 2020, 10:50:55 AM »
Political capital out of deaths is not on the agenda,the hindsight experts will have there say.

I’d describe it as shutting the door after the horse has bolted.

At every stage of this pandemic Johnson and his crew of motley morons have been bounced into every correct decision they’ve made. Criticism is effective.