Author Topic: British History Matters!  (Read 36086 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: British History Matters!
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2020, 06:59:12 PM »
Ethnic background
Around 9 out of 10 (87% of 238) of those who died in police custody between 2004/05 and 2015/16 were from a White ethnic background. Those from a Black background, the next largest ethnic group, made up 6 per cent of deaths (14 out of 238).
Comparing data on deaths in police custody with notifiable arrests (2006/07 to 2015/16, the years for which arrest by ethnicity data are available) there was a slightly smaller proportion of people who died in police custody from a Black background than arrestees for notifiable offences (6% for deaths in police custody, 8% for arrests for which ethnic background was known
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2020, 01:23:58 AM »
And what have we learned from this little interlude ?

In the round it seems as if the olive are a law unto themselves. Despite hundreds of deaths in custody not one police officer has been convicted of a related crime since 1968.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2020, 08:16:30 AM »
So who here is hoping the statue of Churchill is destroyed in BLM riots?

Offline Myster

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2020, 08:23:04 AM »
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2020, 09:49:15 AM »
There's supposed to be a curfew and Winnie has been boarded up...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8415101/BLM-activists-DEFY-Boris-Johnsons-calls-abandon-protests.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gus897TIH4c
Boarding him up is basically giving up and giving in.  The coward’s way out.  Should he remain permanently boarded up?   It seems to be what some would prefer.

Offline Myster

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2020, 10:02:18 AM »
Boarding him up is basically giving up and giving in.  The coward’s way out.  Should he remain permanently boarded up?   It seems to be what some would prefer.
Of course not.  Once these crazy shouty hotheads have burned themselves out and normality restored, Churchill and the rest will hopefully see the light again.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2020, 10:57:56 AM »
Of course not.  Once these crazy shouty hotheads have burned themselves out and normality restored, Churchill and the rest will hopefully see the light again.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. I think the liberal media & BLM will continuing pushing the 'everything white is racist' narrative for a long time to come.

I fully expect BLM protests to continue in America & probably here too, right up until November.
There's an election this year you see, & if you do a little research about BLM, you'll find they are closely aligned with the democrats. In fact, most of the money donated to BLM goes to the DNC.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2020, 11:16:52 AM »
I wouldn't be too sure of that. I think the liberal media & BLM will continuing pushing the 'everything white is racist' narrative for a long time to come.

I fully expect BLM protests to continue in America & probably here too, right up until November.
There's an election this year you see, & if you do a little research about BLM, you'll find they are closely aligned with the democrats. In fact, most of the money donated to BLM goes to the DNC.

Comes from....

If that’s true then let’s hope that the movement has the desired effect and kicks the hairy wotsit out of the Whitehouse.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2020, 11:30:09 AM »
Comes from....

If that’s true then let’s hope that the movement has the desired effect and kicks the hairy wotsit out of the Whitehouse.

Hang on. I take that back, according to fact check, BLM don't donate to the DNC.

But about Trump, I guess record low figures in Black unemployment is one good reason they shouldn't vote for him.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2020, 01:31:25 PM »
Hang on. I take that back, according to fact check, BLM don't donate to the DNC.

But about Trump, I guess record low figures in Black unemployment is one good reason they shouldn't vote for him.

Have you been drinking the Koolaid ?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2020, 01:52:44 PM »
It’s been mooted that it should be moved to a museum so it doesn’t offend black people.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2020, 03:01:14 PM »
Did anyone see the ‘patriots’ ‘defending’ our statues ? Too funny. BLM cancelled their protest so the ‘patriots’, denied some black heads to kick in, just started fighting with each other.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2020, 03:12:28 PM »
These “anti-racists” are really tying themselves up in knots imo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-53025407

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2020, 04:02:22 PM »
Guess who said this ?

"It may be that, unwittingly, they are inviting persecution - that they have been partly responsible for the antagonism from which they suffer," it said. "There is the feeling that the Jew is an incorrigible alien, that his first loyalty will always be towards his own race.”

Winston Churchill.....now imagine if it’d been Jeremy Corbyn.