Author Topic: The Lisbon Libel Trial  (Read 33799 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: The Lisbon Libel Trial
« Reply #1140 on: July 28, 2021, 11:33:45 AM »
So if it wasn’t an opinion what were you referring to when you said “and in mine”?

I agree with Spam that the poster was expressing an opinion (despite claiming it was a fact).
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1141 on: July 28, 2021, 11:35:49 AM »
I agree with Spam that the poster was expressing an opinion (despite claiming it was a fact).
I know, and that's why I said that you often agree with Spam's opinion. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1142 on: July 28, 2021, 12:28:20 PM »

I am that poster.  In what way have I got it wrong that there are those who would deny Justice for Madeleine by using everything in their power to prevent such a thing happening.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #1143 on: July 28, 2021, 12:30:09 PM »
I am that poster.  In what way have I got it wrong that there are those who would deny Justice for Madeleine by using everything in their power to prevent such a thing happening.

Who are these people with  this mythical power ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1144 on: July 28, 2021, 12:38:52 PM »

You claim to be in possession of facts.

"You are deluded if you think it is not about destroying reputations.
What exactly do you think it is it all about; because the last thing it is about is 'justice for a missing child' and that is not opinion that is fact."

If, as you claim you are sharing facts then you are sharing things known or proved to be true. I have seen many accusations, suggestions and beliefs but no proof whatsoever that what you say is true. It's all opinion imo.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1145 on: July 28, 2021, 01:59:26 PM »
You claim to be in possession of facts.

"You are deluded if you think it is not about destroying reputations.
What exactly do you think it is it all about; because the last thing it is about is 'justice for a missing child' and that is not opinion that is fact."

If, as you claim you are sharing facts then you are sharing things known or proved to be true. I have seen many accusations, suggestions and beliefs but no proof whatsoever that what you say is true. It's all opinion imo.

The Lisbon Libel Trial was precisely about destroying reputations.

As far as the rest of your protestation is concerned I believe you may have access to a 'member's only' section of a forum which if the public area is anything to go by might be quite interesting as far as confirmation goes.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1146 on: July 28, 2021, 02:07:11 PM »

As far as the rest of your protestation is concerned I believe you may have access to a 'member's only' section of a forum which if the public area is anything to go by might be quite interesting as far as confirmation goes.

I'm glad you said it.  I've been teetering on the edge for ages.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1147 on: July 28, 2021, 02:58:42 PM »
I'm glad you said it.  I've been teetering on the edge for ages.

It is no secret Eleanor. It is from the horse's mouth else I wouldn't have said it either.  Nor is there any reason for anyone not to join - which does allow certain privileges such as access to the member's lounge.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1148 on: July 28, 2021, 03:23:34 PM »
It is no secret Eleanor. It is from the horse's mouth else I wouldn't have said it either.  Nor is there any reason for anyone not to join - which does allow certain privileges such as access to the member's lounge.

I got banned from there years ago, after Tony Bennett told the world that my name is Maureen Eleanor Lang.  As if I cared.  Silly old fool.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1149 on: July 28, 2021, 05:22:03 PM »
I got banned from there years ago, after Tony Bennett told the world that my name is Maureen Eleanor Lang.  As if I cared.  Silly old fool.

That was a bit of a breach of trust though wasn't it.  Did he get your personal details when you registered?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1150 on: July 28, 2021, 05:30:36 PM »
That was a bit of a breach of trust though wasn't it.  Did he get your personal details when you registered?

Presumably.  I've only ever had one email address.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1151 on: July 28, 2021, 05:43:53 PM »

There was an accusation that reputations had been damaged, but it was not proved. As to your other sentence, you  seem to be referring to something you suspect might exist but you don't actually know.

So you can't prove that what you say is true, so no facts, I'm afraid, just opinions.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1152 on: July 28, 2021, 07:07:00 PM »
So it's a police decision from first to last. They decide whether to look for a child or not. Obviously they'll be criticised if they make the wrong decision, but it's still up to them what they do. They don't have to look for missing children because of children's rights, they only have to look for them if they think it's the right thing to do.
Oh looky here what I found

“A case in the UK Supreme Court has established that when a human rights violation takes place, the state has to investigate by law. For example, if a person has been killed, the right to life has been violated. If a person has been sexually assaulted, this is a contravention of the prohibition on inhumane and degrading treatment. In these circumstances, the police have an investigative obligation under human rights law.”

https://www.stuartmillersolicitors.co.uk/when-do-police-stop-investigating-crime/

Therefore the police are legally obligated to search for  a missing 4 year old child that has been disappeared for a long period of time and who has almost certainly come to harm. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1153 on: July 28, 2021, 07:27:08 PM »
Oh looky here what I found

“A case in the UK Supreme Court has established that when a human rights violation takes place, the state has to investigate by law. For example, if a person has been killed, the right to life has been violated. If a person has been sexually assaulted, this is a contravention of the prohibition on inhumane and degrading treatment. In these circumstances, the police have an investigative obligation under human rights law.”

https://www.stuartmillersolicitors.co.uk/when-do-police-stop-investigating-crime/

Therefore the police are legally obligated to search for  a missing 4 year old child that has been disappeared for a long period of time and who has almost certainly come to harm.

Any state or police obligations apply only to crimes occuring within their jurisdictions. If it didn't the UK police would be obligated to investigate every crime committed against a UK citizen anywhere in Europe.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1154 on: July 28, 2021, 07:37:27 PM »

What a charming man.