Author Topic: Global warming  (Read 34344 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Global warming
« Reply #165 on: April 11, 2020, 12:46:28 PM »
there is proof...scientific proof that smoking causes lung cancer...again your ignorance is astonishing...you dont appear to undestand scientific principles at all

There is NO Proof it causes cancer. Cancer from smoking can aggregate underlying sometimes unknown/diagnosed  factors. If it was the primary cause then everyone who smoked would get lung cancer and as the evidence showns not all people who smoke die of lung cancer.

In am not advocating smoking is good for you- quite the opposite!

Medicine has advanced in some areas. We can now track types of cancer but not always the initial cause of it. and for those who want to know more about cancer  we are all made up of Bactria and water, including cancers. something triggers off fatal cancer growths.

None of my family drink alcohol, my grandfather died of liver cancer-at his diagnosis-he was told by his doctor he must be lying about not drinking!   The post mortem showed up non alcoholic damage!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #166 on: April 11, 2020, 12:53:41 PM »

There is NO Proof it causes cancer. Cancer from smoking can aggregate underlying sometimes unknown/diagnosed  factors. If it was the primary cause then everyone who smoked would get lung cancer and as the evidence showns not all people who smoke die of lung cancer.

Medicine has advanced in some areas. We can now track types of cancer but not always the initial cause of it. and for those who want to know more about cancer  we are all made up of Bactria and water, including cancers. something triggers off fatal cancer growths.

None of my family drink alcohol, my grandfather died of liver cancer-at his diagnosis-he was told by his doctor he must be lying about not drinking!   The post mortem showed up non alcoholic damage!

you obviously dont understand science....or logic. There is proof. That doesnt mean every lung cancer is caused by smoking.

the following is an accepted fact..

People who smoke cigarettes are 15 to 30 times more likely to get lung cancer or die from lung cancer than people who do not smoke.

so what is causing this 15 to 30 times increase ......cigarrettes perhaps

Road accidents are often caused as a direct result of drink driving...drink driving causes deaths....do you agree with that...but not every drunk causes a death...do you understand now

« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 01:08:07 PM by Davel »

« Reply #167 on: April 11, 2020, 04:09:22 PM »
you obviously dont understand science....or logic. There is proof. That doesnt mean every lung cancer is caused by smoking.

the following is an accepted fact..

People who smoke cigarettes are 15 to 30 times more likely to get lung cancer or die from lung cancer than people who do not smoke.

so what is causing this 15 to 30 times increase ......cigarrettes perhaps

Road accidents are often caused as a direct result of drink driving...drink driving causes deaths....do you agree with that...but not every drunk causes a death...do you understand now

You can invent your theory. I have claimed smoking is not the PRIMARY cause of lung cancer. If it was all those who smoked would get it and die from it.

The drink driving is just pathetic analog. But we can look at it.

10 drunk drivers driving at 100 miles an hour hit a pedestrian- who is clashed against a brick wall= instant death

all of them die of injuries caused by drunk driver= primary cause.

100 people smoke 40 cigarettes per day for 35 years... do all 100 die from lung cancer? No.because it is NOT a primary cause.

As I have said before it depends on the condition of the lungs at birth and other environmental factors- smoking could probably be attributed to exaggerating the lung condition and cause premature death.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #168 on: April 11, 2020, 04:23:10 PM »
You can invent your theory. I have claimed smoking is not the PRIMARY cause of lung cancer. If it was all those who smoked would get it and die from it.

The drink driving is just pathetic analog. But we can look at it.

10 drunk drivers driving at 100 miles an hour hit a pedestrian- who is clashed against a brick wall= instant death

all of them die of injuries caused by drunk driver= primary cause.

100 people smoke 40 cigarettes per day for 35 years... do all 100 die from lung cancer? No.because it is NOT a primary cause.

As I have said before it depends on the condition of the lungs at birth and other environmental factors- smoking could probably be attributed to exaggerating the lung condition and cause premature death.

I dont see youve mentioned the term primary cause before this post so you are now backtracking and making things up...
smoking causes cancer...fact
drink driving causes deaths on the road...fact

That doesnt mean everyone who smokes will get cancer and not every drink driver will cause death
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 04:26:40 PM by Davel »

« Reply #169 on: April 11, 2020, 06:49:27 PM »
I dont see youve mentioned the term primary cause before this post so you are now backtracking and making things up...
smoking causes cancer...fact
drink driving causes deaths on the road...fact

That doesnt mean everyone who smokes will get cancer and not every drink driver will cause death

" e viewing this topic.

Online Miss Taken Identity
View Profile Personal Message (Online)

« Reply #165 on: Today at 12:46:28 PM »
QuoteModify
Quote from: Davel on Today at 12:23:44 PM
there is proof...scientific proof that smoking causes lung cancer...again your ignorance is astonishing...you dont appear to undestand scientific principles at all

Modify message
"

If you don't look you don't see. Can you see it now?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #170 on: April 11, 2020, 07:21:27 PM »
No one is saying smoking always causes lung cancer or that only smoking causes lung cancer.  Smoking CAN and DOES cause cancer, irrefutable fact, also heart disease.  Some people however are able to smoke 100 fags a day for 80 years and die of old age.  They are lucky.  Likewise, some people can have unprotected sex with HIV carriers and not get AIDS.  Does this mean HIV doesn’t lead to AIDS or just that some people are lucky?  What this all has to do with climate change. I forget now.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

« Reply #171 on: April 11, 2020, 07:32:18 PM »
No one is saying smoking always causes lung cancer or that only smoking causes lung cancer.  Smoking CAN and DOES cause cancer, irrefutable fact, also heart disease.  Some people however are able to smoke 100 fags a day for 80 years and die of old age.  They are lucky.  Likewise, some people can have unprotected sex with HIV carriers and not get AIDS.  Does this mean HIV doesn’t lead to AIDS or just that some people are lucky?  What this all has to do with climate change. I forget now.

Oh  yeah. Davel took us away with his stats...

" Some people however are able to smoke 100 fags a day for 80 years and die of old age.  They are lucky."

Lucky?  lol sounds too much like Davels science.

I am saying as with all viruses and  bacterias. it is dependent on many factors if you get no/mild/medium/fatal symptoms. Just like smoking it depends on other factors the level of damage to lungs.

So back to Global warming.. Yes the climate will get warmer and cooler throughout time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #172 on: April 11, 2020, 07:56:37 PM »
Oh  yeah. Davel took us away with his stats...

" Some people however are able to smoke 100 fags a day for 80 years and die of old age.  They are lucky."

Lucky?  lol sounds too much like Davels science.

I am saying as with all viruses and  bacterias. it is dependent on many factors if you get no/mild/medium/fatal symptoms. Just like smoking it depends on other factors the level of damage to lungs.

So back to Global warming.. Yes the climate will get warmer and cooler throughout time.

CO2 is  a greenhouse gas...do you accept that...do you understand what it means...or do you dispute that

« Reply #173 on: April 15, 2020, 07:39:48 PM »
CO2 is  a greenhouse gas...do you accept that...do you understand what it means...or do you dispute that

WE need co2  to survive- FACT! the planet is changing and has been for many millennium- it wasn't long ago people were screeching about a hole in the ozone layer- the sky is falling and we're all gonna die! which miraculously fixed itself. My uncle wrote a paper on it at the time.

Is the climate changing because of fossil fuel, No I don't believe it is. Does having a huge and over dependency on gas and electricity produced by drilling and burning fossil fuels and oil causes ill health- yes absolutely.

Green house gases have yet to be established as bad.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #174 on: April 15, 2020, 08:18:09 PM »
WE need co2  to survive- FACT! the planet is changing and has been for many millennium- it wasn't long ago people were screeching about a hole in the ozone layer- the sky is falling and we're all gonna die! which miraculously fixed itself. My uncle wrote a paper on it at the time.

Is the climate changing because of fossil fuel, No I don't believe it is. Does having a huge and over dependency on gas and electricity produced by drilling and burning fossil fuels and oil causes ill health- yes absolutely.

we need water to survive but we can drown in it...we need lots of things to survive ....sodium in salt for instance but an excess kills us.

Do you understand co2 is a greenhouse gas and greenhouse gases cause temp rise....thats factual. If you dont realise and undersatnd that you really dont understand the basics.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #175 on: April 15, 2020, 10:49:28 PM »

You do realise that it was manmade CFCs that contributed to the hole in the ozone layer and that since CFCs were banned in the late 80s the issue has more or less been resolved?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #176 on: January 01, 2023, 05:04:54 PM »
the best put down EVER, from Greta Thunberg to Andrew Tate (who sounds like just the sort of man Spam wishes he could be) after he trolled her with a request to send her details about his fleet of gas guzzling cars:

“yes, please do enlighten me. email me at smalldickenergy@getalife.com”

Now the most liked tweet in history. 

And who said the girl had no sense of humour?

Go, Greta!

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #177 on: January 01, 2023, 06:27:26 PM »
the best put down EVER, from Greta Thunberg to Andrew Tate (who sounds like just the sort of man Spam wishes he could be) after he trolled her with a request to send her details about his fleet of gas guzzling cars:

“yes, please do enlighten me. email me at smalldickenergy@getalife.com”

Now the most liked tweet in history. 

And who said the girl had no sense of humour?

Go, Greta!

I don't do twitter, facebook, instagram, Tik Tok or know who Andrew Tate is.
Is having the most liked tweet in history to be regarded as some kind of accomplishment?
On par with the first winter ascent of the north face of the Eiger or something?
Social media is contributing to the downfall of society IMO, but yeah, go Greta, I suppose.
She has opened the gates on herself now though. If it's fine for her to suggest this Andrew Tate guy has a small penis, then she should have no complaints if anyone comments on her own anatomy really. She's flat chested & fair game now, by her own rules.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.