Author Topic: The Trial Of Derek Chauvin, Death Of George Floyd  (Read 30757 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: The Trial Of Derek Chauvin, Death Of George Floyd
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2021, 06:24:27 PM »
It appears people support police officers and not the criminals.
It certainly appears that some people support police officers who kneel on the necks of those that they arrest long after they have ceased resisting and long after they have ceased breathing too. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2021, 06:27:18 PM »
The twitter poll has been an unusual one. It now reflects slightly more sympathy for Chauvin after being skewed in Floyd's favour initially.
It’s why I asked my initial question re: what defence can there be for Chauvin’s actions.  Presumably in order to sympathise with him more than his victim one would need to put forward a robust defence of his actions, and I’d be interested to know what justification there can be for kneeling on anyone’s neck long after they have ceased bring any sort of a threat to public safety. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2021, 06:43:19 PM »
It’s why I asked my initial question re: what defence can there be for Chauvin’s actions.  Presumably in order to sympathise with him more than his victim one would need to put forward a robust defence of his actions, and I’d be interested to know what justification there can be for kneeling on anyone’s neck long after they have ceased bring any sort of a threat to public safety.

Have you ever arrested a really big guy on drugs in the middle of a dangerous thoroughfare with a mob standing on the kerb howling abuse at you?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2021, 06:50:48 PM »
Have you ever arrested a really big guy on drugs in the middle of a dangerous thoroughfare with a mob standing on the kerb howling abuse at you?
No, have you?  Is this a good reason to keep your knee on someone’s neck until they are not breathing anymore, even whenit’s been pointed out to you that the guy has no pulse and hasn’t moved for some time?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2021, 06:52:22 PM »
Would you submit to having someone of Chauvin’s weight put his knee on your neck for 9 minutes 23 seconds while you’re handcuffed and lying on the ground and see what shape you’re in by the end of it?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2021, 07:07:42 PM »

Angelo. C'mon dude, they were hardly a 'mob' there were like 2 men (1 of them in his 60's) & some women & children FFS.

There were 4 armed officers there, officer Thao had them under control. (Not that they were ever really out of control, just desperately trying to stop a guy getting tortured)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 07:12:32 PM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2021, 07:10:51 PM »
Would you submit to having someone of Chauvin’s weight put his knee on your neck for 9 minutes 23 seconds while you’re handcuffed and lying on the ground and see what shape you’re in by the end of it?

One thing I will say is we that can't be sure exactly how much pressure he had on his neck & whether the amount of pressure varied.

The autopsy found no bruising or damage to his neck.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 07:13:35 PM by Wonderfulspam »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2021, 07:46:11 PM »
One thing I will say is we that can't be sure exactly how much pressure he had on his neck & whether the amount of pressure varied.

Exactly
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2021, 07:59:16 PM »

Has the pathologist given their evidence at the trial yet?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2021, 08:00:27 PM »
Exactly
Do you believe Floyd would have died that day if the police hadn’t intervened at all?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2021, 08:16:00 PM »
Has the pathologist given their evidence at the trial yet?

No but here is the county autopsy report.

https://www.hennepin.us/-/media/hennepinus/residents/public-safety/documents/floyd-autopsy-6-3-20.pdf

I can't seem to display screenshots of the relevant pages, if one of the moderators could post them I'd be grateful
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 08:19:31 PM by Wonderfulspam »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2021, 08:19:16 PM »
Do you believe Floyd would have died that day if the police hadn’t intervened at all?

If he'd carried on 'chillin n pillin' with his two drug dealer friends he might.

Or driving under the influence he could have had an RTA.

(ETA, & you've liked 2 of my posts today, I'm very uncomfortale with this, it just doesn't feel right)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 08:22:56 PM by Wonderfulspam »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2021, 08:25:17 PM »
If he'd carried on 'chillin n pillin' with his two drug dealer friends he might.

Or driving under the influence he could have had an RTA.

(ETA, & you've liked 2 of my posts today, I'm very uncomfortale with this, it just doesn't feel right)
Stop posting reasonable, thoughtful posts then.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2021, 08:35:45 PM »
Stop posting reasonable, thoughtful posts then.

You know how much I love victim blaming so here is just a little.

Floyd made unnecessary fuss & was awkward with the police because, IMO, he had drugs in his car, had been driving under the influence & if found guilty of trying to pass off a fake $20 (whether it's been proven as a fake yet is in dispute) he would probably do a little jail time what with his previous.

He claimed he was claustrophobic & that's why he couldn't get in the police car, which was total horse shit as he'd just left a car. He made the situation more difficult for himself.

But that still didn't give Chauvin the right to 'allegedly'knee him to death.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2021, 08:39:16 PM »
You know how much I love victim blaming so here is just a little.

Floyd made unnecessary fuss & was awkward with the police because, IMO, he had drugs in his car, had been driving under the influence & if found guilty of trying to pass off a fake $20 (whether it's been proven as a fake yet is in dispute) he would probably do a little jail time what with his previous.

He claimed he was claustrophobic & that's why he couldn't get in the police car, which was total horse shit as he'd just left a car. He made the situation more difficult for himself.

But that still didn't give Chauvin the right to 'allegedly'knee him to death.
I agree.