Author Topic: Misleading statements from the police or prosecution  (Read 6611 times)

Offline Chris_Halkides

Re: Misleading statements from the police or prosecution
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2021, 02:10:22 PM »
I would like to return to the actual subject of this thread.  Mr. Dobbie said, "We spoke to friends, school teachers and others who knew Mitchell and established he had a parka jacket."  A casual observer of the case could infer that Mr. Dobbie's statement referred to a period before the murder.  Did the police produce any photos of Luke wearing a parka dating from this period?  Did they produce a sales receipt that fell into this period?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2021, 02:16:44 PM »
I would like to return to the actual subject of this thread.  Mr. Dobbie said, "We spoke to friends, school teachers and others who knew Mitchell and established he had a parka jacket."  A casual observer of the case could infer that Mr. Dobbie's statement referred to a period before the murder.  Did the police produce any photos of Luke wearing a parka dating from this period?  Did they produce a sales receipt that fell into this period?

No and no.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2021, 02:17:25 PM »

Were photos of Luke Mitchell committing the murder produced ?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 02:38:23 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2021, 02:39:09 PM »

Corrine Mitchell make the false claim to James English Luke didn’t wear coats - her words ⬇️

Luke was the type of lad who didn’t wear jackets. You could,buy him any jacket and he would not wear one ’he hated jackets’
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 03:04:46 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2021, 03:07:26 PM »
Corrine Mitchell make the false claim to James English Luke didn’t wear coats - her words ⬇️

Luke was the type of lad who didn’t wear jackets. You could,buy him any jacket and he would not wear one ’he hated jackets’

Corinne Mitchell then goes on to tell James English she took Luke shopping to buy him clothes after the police had taken all his

But the police hadn’t taken all of his jackets - which he ‘hated’ wearing

There were numerous jackets pictured hanging up on the back of his bedroom door

So why did he want another jacket - another green jacket?

Offline Mr Apples

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2021, 08:35:55 PM »
Corinne Mitchell then goes on to tell James English she took Luke shopping to buy him clothes after the police had taken all his

But the police hadn’t taken all of his jackets - which he ‘hated’ wearing

There were numerous jackets pictured hanging up on the back of his bedroom door

So why did he want another jacket - another green jacket?

I think Corinne wasn’t being literal with the jacket statement in that interview — it was hyperbolic, if you will. I don’t particularly like wearing jackets either, but still own about 6. Living in the central belt of Scotland, where a cold, unpredictable climate predominates, several jackets are essential wether one likes wearing them or not.  As for those jackets hanging over the back of Luke’s bedroom door . . . I presume you know of these jackets because of the pictures shown on an estate agent’s website when Corinne put the family home (on N’battle Abbey Crescent) up for sale circa 2013/14? If so, what does that prove? Those jackets might’ve been Shane’s, or Luke’s old jackets from before 2003. There could’ve been lots of valid reasons for those jackets being there between 2003 and the house being sold, and, as I noted above, jackets are unequivocally essential in Scotland.

The green parka jacket, however, remains a contentious issue for me. I think I read an article that mentioned classmates  and a teacher of Luke’s had all testified in court that he did own such a parka before the murder (alas, I can’t find the link). If this was the case, then that makes me feel uneasy; while not categorical proof of his guilt, it does look incriminating — especially when you also consider that his brother didn’t give him an alibi and consider the sightings of AB and F & W (and, of course, all the other evidence in its totality make things seem that bit worse for Luke, too).

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2021, 08:37:53 PM »

May 2010 - Corrine Mitchell
oh for heavens sake.....this is getting tiresome.
For the record....Findlay wouldn't speak to Sandra....just as he would not speak to me...he wouldn't even speak to his own client....Luke...at one point he banged his fist on the table and told Luke..."We do things MY way’

Why were "the facts" not brought up in court?.........Ask Donald Findlay!!!!
That's why we dropped him. Why did he not bring in expert witnesses? Why did he not bring in ANY witnesses for Luke? We asked him to, but as I have said earlier....he didn't speak to us. It was his way.....or no way.

Look how this story by Corrine Mitchell has ‘grown arms and legs’ over the years and how her own words are attributed to Donald Findlay  *&^^&

@ approx 11.28 here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UbHl3oCCClI

Corrine Mitchell says;

“At one point when Luke asked for a certain witness to be called his QC banged his fist on the table and said ‘it’s my way or no way laddie.”
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 08:50:35 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2021, 08:55:29 PM »
I think Corinne wasn’t being literal with the jacket statement in that interview — it was hyperbolic, if you will. I don’t particularly like wearing jackets either, but still own about 6. Living in the central belt of Scotland, where a cold, unpredictable climate predominates, several jackets are essential wether one likes wearing them or not.  As for those jackets hanging over the back of Luke’s bedroom door . . . I presume you know of these jackets because of the pictures shown on an estate agent’s website when Corinne put the family home (on N’battle Abbey Crescent) up for sale circa 2013/14? If so, what does that prove? Those jackets might’ve been Shane’s, or Luke’s old jackets from before 2003. There could’ve been lots of valid reasons for those jackets being there between 2003 and the house being sold, and, as I noted above, jackets are unequivocally essential in Scotland.

I don’t know what photos you mean but I’m referring to photographs of Luke Mitchell’s bedroom taken by Lothian and borders police

You may recall photos of Luke’s bedroom spoken about by Corrine and her accusing the police of given them to the press - which it appears they did - only after the trial

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/in-this-undated-handout-issued-by-lothian-and-borders-news-photo/52042868?adppopup=true

Offline Brietta

« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2021, 10:36:51 PM »
I don’t know what photos you mean but I’m referring to photographs of Luke Mitchell’s bedroom taken by Lothian and borders police

You may recall photos of Luke’s bedroom spoken about by Corrine and her accusing the police of given them to the press - which it appears they did - only after the trial

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/in-this-undated-handout-issued-by-lothian-and-borders-news-photo/52042868?adppopup=true
Thanks for the link - I've not seen it before.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2021, 11:53:39 PM »

It appears the back of his bedroom door is where Luke kept his jackets, whether he wore them often or not. Can you see a parka jacket?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline WakeyWakey

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2021, 01:22:22 AM »
It appears the back of his bedroom door is where Luke kept his jackets, whether he wore them often or not. Can you see a parka jacket?

no because these photos were part of a series taken by police during the murder investigation, long after anyone had last seen the jacket

another from same series:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/09/09/020A93C10000044D-0-image-m-12_1507537695955.jpg

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2021, 09:18:59 AM »
I wish to examine falsehoods or half-truths coming from the police or prosecution, especially via the press.  From the story “The clues that snared a murderer” in The Scotsman 21 January 2005. The quotes are from detective chief superintendent Craig Dobbie.

(1) “…the sighting by the witness Andrina Bryson - who claimed she had seen Luke with a girl standing at the top of the Roan’s Dyke path on the day she was killed…”

There are at least two problems with this, one being that she did not exactly claim this and the other is that she changed the time of the sighting.

(2) “’The family were consistent in their evidence.’”

This is simply untrue; there were changes in testimony over time, for example. For example, I found this at the Herald on 16 September 2018: “Documents from the investigation, reveal that all three statements of the family search party, corroborated with Mitchell’s claim that the dog had led him to Jodi. All three statements changed to deny this one month later.”

(3) “’We spoke to friends, school teachers and others who knew Mitchell and established he had a parka jacket.’”

This statement is willfully misleading. The question is not whether or not he had a parka, it is when he had one.

(4) “’When the results came back there was not one DNA profile which could not be accounted for. Every profile belonged to people who knew Jodi, including Luke. However, what we didn’t have was DNA from someone unknown, which ruled out anyone unknown as the killer.’”

One, no one has provided any evidence that Luke was included as a donor (see my comments in another thread. Two, it could not be determined, according to what has been said, whether or not the other profiles belonged to males. Three, the donor of condom profile was not identified until after this story was written.

(5) “Mr Dobbie described the crime scene as one of the ‘finest I have ever seen.’”

If this statement were true, it would be a lamentable state of affairs. Yet of the five points I have listed above, the story only addressed this one, and it did so in an incomplete way. To take just one example, I can find no evidence that anyone addressed the time of death forensically.

In comparison to the Mitchell’s the family were indeed consistent with their evidence

Why won’t Sandra Lean/Luke Mitchell publish Luke, Corrine and Shane’s police statements in full?

What are they hiding ?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2021, 11:24:19 AM »
no because these photos were part of a series taken by police during the murder investigation, long after anyone had last seen the jacket

another from same series:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/09/09/020A93C10000044D-0-image-m-12_1507537695955.jpg

You have to ask why they are in the public domain at all.

Offline Parky41

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2021, 12:51:55 PM »
(2) “’The family were consistent in their evidence.’”

This is simply untrue; there were changes in testimony over time, for example. For example, I found this at the Herald on 16 September 2018: “Documents from the investigation, reveal that all three statements of the family search party, corroborated with Mitchell’s claim that the dog had led him to Jodi. All three statements changed to deny this one month later.”

Led a merry dance down the garden path - Of everyone all agreeing it was the dog who led LM to Jodi. You mention the parka and of how a statement may give a false impression, that they could be talking about the Jacket bought after this murder, you need to see more. - As with the above - Of everyone agreeing it was the dog who led LM to Jodi - completely false and misleading statement. Firstly the dog led no one to Jodi, the dog was not in this woodland. Secondly the dog was only ever at this V break in the wall. So what we can gleam from this, at the very most - is that the dog led LM directly to the V, for him them to enter this woodland. We know the evidence around this "the dogs head being level with the V" and "dog pulling to the V" - and that these statements changed to LM going directly to this V - Not changed however, clarified. As LM did go straight to this V, it was always stated this way. His dog was on the lead, a dog pulling towards a wall, how very unusual? - Now if this search trio were making statements to the effect, that the dog starting going crazy, she was barking, frantically jumping at the wall, and it had been well passed this V - you get the drift. But there was none of this, was there? There was simply this search party, going down this path - and of a dog sniffing at a wall and pulling. That LM entered this woodland, no unfamiliarity, no trepidation - nothing. He turned immediately to his left.

And we know without a shadow of a doubt, that they did not say they had walked passed this V at the point of the dog doing anything, and we know there was no evidence of this dog alerting to Jodi in the slightest - it was a dog, doing what dogs do. When one wants to talk 'wafer thin' These claims and attempts to show any different are transparent to the max - And we know without a shadow of a doubt, that JaJ and AW could see LM on the other side of this V - we are being asked to disbelief this due to their height- really? Of these blatant lies that the base of this V is 6ft from the ground. And we know the torch light was the major factor of knowing exactly which way he turned, immediately upon entering this woodland.

And this was proved beyond reasonable doubt. That LM, the search trio and his dog were not passed this V break - and Ms lean, relies heavily upon them not and never saying, it was Luke's dog that found Jodi then they said it wasn't - And from this point and of every other lie that fell off his lips - we are being asked to believe the search trio were not being honest? -Really? With these wafer thin, transparent, empty of substance claims. Grasping and scraping to find something solid against the abundance of evidence against LM. - Of what happened on this brief time on that path.

Of introducing the woodland at the Gino spot. Of being unaffected, of leading the emergency services/ police a merry dance whilst others were screaming in the background. For that was what was in that call - the recording played in court. Ms Lean may have hoped over time that her need to troll and infiltrate every discussion may win the day - The hope that in 9weeks of a trial. A crammed court room. Of legal bodies, media, students, spectators and so forth - That her 'knowledge is power' cries - would be thwarted at every angle.

Of people getting told that what they say holds no water as they can not cite as much as she can? - for she holds the defence papers. - Complete and utter bias, that citing snip bits proves absolutely nothing. Completely empty of substance. The only part that is true, is those few words verbatim, the official timings of calls and so forth. Manipulating and playing around with these times to suit.

And of those recordings - Of LM toying with the operator. Of those screams in the background. Of SK taking over the call and screaming "It's a f*****g body". And like the statements of the search trio, of AB and just about anyone else - the same method is used - to add weight to air. Everything around what happened needs to be known - not these futile claims of the dog leading LM anywhere. - Of CM and Findlay not listening to them "my way or the high way" Of not speaking with SL? - of other legal teams not touching them with a barge pole - One wonders why?  Is it not more of a case of "It's our way or no way" of CM "All Findlay had to do was walk in and say, we have blood, sperm, hair, none of it Luke's, I rest my case"

How honest do you feel the Mitchells were Chris?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2021, 03:55:33 PM »
Led a merry dance down the garden path - Of everyone all agreeing it was the dog who led LM to Jodi. You mention the parka and of how a statement may give a false impression, that they could be talking about the Jacket bought after this murder, you need to see more. - As with the above - Of everyone agreeing it was the dog who led LM to Jodi - completely false and misleading statement. Firstly the dog led no one to Jodi, the dog was not in this woodland. Secondly the dog was only ever at this V break in the wall. So what we can gleam from this, at the very most - is that the dog led LM directly to the V, for him them to enter this woodland. We know the evidence around this "the dogs head being level with the V" and "dog pulling to the V" - and that these statements changed to LM going directly to this V - Not changed however, clarified. As LM did go straight to this V, it was always stated this way. His dog was on the lead, a dog pulling towards a wall, how very unusual? - Now if this search trio were making statements to the effect, that the dog starting going crazy, she was barking, frantically jumping at the wall, and it had been well passed this V - you get the drift. But there was none of this, was there?

8((()*/