Author Topic: HM Queen Elizabeth II passes away at the age of 96.  (Read 5616 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: HM Queen Elizabeth II passes away at the age of 96.
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2022, 03:15:45 PM »
I see my comment about the tweet has been removed making some of the enusing comments somewhat baffling without the appropriate context.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Eleanor

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2022, 04:22:24 PM »
I have respect for the Queen but personally would like to see it end there now. Megan must be delighted her children will now prince and princess...great for marketing.

Will she or won't she?  It rather gives the lie to what she had to say to Oprah.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2022, 05:29:47 PM »
Of course it tells them nothing. You can’t help who you love.

Do you think Charles' marriage to Diana was a love match?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Online Eleanor

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2022, 05:43:54 PM »

Do you think Harry's and Meghan's was?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2022, 05:49:15 PM »
Of course it wasn’t.  It was a marriage of convenience for him (who was still in love with Camilla, by now married herself), though Diana was obviously madly in love with him.   Does that make him unsuitable to be king?  I would say it was pretty par for the course.  Anyway that’s all in the past, he is seemingly with the right partner now and has 10-20 years or so to live out his destiny (all being well), so good luck to him.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2022, 06:40:01 PM »
And a beautiful and moving tribute to his mother in his first address to the nation will hopefully earn him some respect from his naysayers. 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2022, 06:50:51 PM »
Of course it wasn’t.  It was a marriage of convenience for him (who was still in love with Camilla, by now married herself), though Diana was obviously madly in love with him.   Does that make him unsuitable to be king?  I would say it was pretty par for the course.  Anyway that’s all in the past, he is seemingly with the right partner now and has 10-20 years or so to live out his destiny (all being well), so good luck to him.

Some people would like their King to be an honourable man. They would say leopards don't change their spots.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2022, 06:55:49 PM »
Some people would like their King to be an honourable man. They would say leopards don't change their spots.
And some people just like to be horribly judgemental and unforgiving.   I’m quite happy for Charles to be king, and it doesn’t matter even if I wasn’t.  He IS the king like it or not, so unless you plan to go the full Oliver Cromwell and mount a roundhead rebellion you’d best start learning to live with it.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2022, 07:07:30 PM »

This comment is a disgrace.  And no mention of Diana being dishonourable in the first instance.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2022, 07:42:19 PM »
And some people just like to be horribly judgemental and unforgiving.   I’m quite happy for Charles to be king, and it doesn’t matter even if I wasn’t.  He IS the king like it or not, so unless you plan to go the full Oliver Cromwell and mount a roundhead rebellion you’d best start learning to live with it.

"Well I didn't vote for 'im"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2c-X8HiBng

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2022, 07:47:07 PM »
It’s strange to think there won’t be another Queen as Head Of State for at least another 70 or 80 years.  Of course we will all be long dead by then and none of us will have made as much of a mark on the world or be as widely and fondly remembered as QEII. 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2022, 10:31:00 PM »
This comment is a disgrace.  And no mention of Diana being dishonourable in the first instance.

You are always quick to criticise even if the views expressed are widely held. In 2019 a  survey by BMG Research on behalf of The Independent found 46 per cent of Britons want the first in line to the throne to abdicate immediately to allow the Duke of Cambridge to take the throne.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/prince-charles-heir-throne-abdicated-william-queen-dies-death-next-in-line-public-opinion-a8704316.html

Just because you prefer your own opinions there are other opinions which are not 'disgraceful' just because they're different than your own.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2022, 11:32:31 PM »
And a beautiful and moving tribute to his mother in his first address to the nation will hopefully earn him some respect from his naysayers.

I watched most of the coverage today & I too felt slightly moved by his speech. It also was nice to see the warm reception he recieved when he arrived at the palace. One lucky lady managed to plant one on his cheek.

https://youtu.be/Te7nc3mNQjg?t=385

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2022, 11:35:48 PM »
You are always quick to criticise even if the views expressed are widely held. In 2019 a  survey by BMG Research on behalf of The Independent found 46 per cent of Britons want the first in line to the throne to abdicate immediately to allow the Duke of Cambridge to take the throne.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/prince-charles-heir-throne-abdicated-william-queen-dies-death-next-in-line-public-opinion-a8704316.html

Just because you prefer your own opinions there are other opinions which are not 'disgraceful' just because they're different than your own.
It was your insinuation that Charles is not an honourable man that I believe Eleanor took exception to.  Is now really the time to be making such nasty comments?

Offline Myster

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2022, 06:59:22 AM »
Although from experience, some women can send you potty, down the pan and round the bend.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.