Author Topic: Is the Coronavirus threat being overegged?  (Read 52018 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Is the Coronavirus threat being overegged?
« Reply #150 on: March 24, 2020, 04:57:11 PM »
You dont seem to understand the herd immunity principle....it is in fact what is happening. Boris is allowing limited contact which will allow the disease to spread hopefully at  a rate the nhs can  deal with . This will slowly build herd immunity....some will die and there is nothing that can be done. The idea is to keep deaths to a minimum.....nothing to do with the Nazis who did not promote survival of the fittest as you seem to think.

I understand more than you.

He is not allowing herd immunity by allowing people to mix- we are in lock down.

It was asserted that too many people would die and the NHS would be overwhelmed. This was a risk too much. a change of mind after the seriousness of the speed of infection became better known!

The Nazis did promote the Ayran race as being strong fit Germans. You being ignorant to the fact doesn't make it untrue.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2020, 05:31:59 PM »

I wasn't comparing  anyone to the Nazis or accusing anyone of being one- Read the bloody post properly!

My response is very clear  having herd immunity would mean difficult decisions would have to be made as far as the weak and vulnerable were concerned.

It would be akin to the Nazis what they did  allbe it under different circumstances"
Doctors would have to chose who lives who dies if it came to the push. Although I do agree herd immunity on paper would be a good option.
If you’re not comparing anyone with the Nazis then why bloody well mention them in the first place?  It’s completely unhelpful and unnecessary IMO.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #152 on: March 24, 2020, 05:36:21 PM »
I understand more than you.

He is not allowing herd immunity by allowing people to mix- we are in lock down.

It was asserted that too many people would die and the NHS would be overwhelmed. This was a risk too much. a change of mind after the seriousness of the speed of infection became better known!

The Nazis did promote the Ayran race as being strong fit Germans. You being ignorant to the fact doesn't make it untrue.

first the Nazis promoted the Aryan race..note the spelling...not survival of the fittest. They didnt murder old sick Aryans....

the govt is allowing the build up of herd immunity...at a limited rate...we are not in total lockdown...the supermarkets are full of poeple who are mixing.

« Reply #153 on: March 24, 2020, 08:34:55 PM »
first the Nazis promoted the Aryan race..note the spelling...not survival of the fittest. They didnt murder old sick Aryans....

the govt is allowing the build up of herd immunity...at a limited rate...we are not in total lockdown...the supermarkets are full of poeple who are mixing.

Never mind the spelling- check the abominable grammar or lack of it from all your posts.  Primary 5's can do better!

So no point in trying point to the wood chip in one eye of someone without removing that huge tree from yours!

Your ignorance is well documented. you can't change history. Hitler DID SLAUGHTER Germans who were deemed 'unfit' i.e mentally retarded or physically impaired. It wasn't just Jews he didn't want in his perfect Aryan society. in his German father land- even though he wasn't even a bloody German!  he was Austrian.

Now then to finish this off you probably didn't know that the swastika was a peace symbol stolen from India!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jALT8BAFCdY
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 09:01:50 PM by Miss Taken Identity »

« Reply #154 on: March 24, 2020, 08:41:04 PM »
If you’re not comparing anyone with the Nazis then why bloody well mention them in the first place?  It’s completely unhelpful and unnecessary IMO.

I mentioned them because of similarities of doctors having to chose who lives who dies as the weakest in our society are elderly and sick and more likely to need hospitalization. In the even of herd immunity  program and the NHS being overwhelmed.  I said  it could come to that.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #155 on: March 24, 2020, 09:00:11 PM »
I mentioned them because of similarities of doctors having to chose who lives who dies as the weakest in our society are elderly and sick and more likely to need hospitalization. In the even of herd immunity  program and the NHS being overwhelmed.  I said  it could come to that.
But the Nazis never had to choose whose lives to save in dire life and death circumstances, they actively chose to terminate lives, so no comparison imo.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

« Reply #156 on: March 24, 2020, 09:04:38 PM »
But the Nazis never had to choose whose lives to save in dire life and death circumstances, they actively chose to terminate lives, so no comparison imo.

Whoosh right over your head.

The NHS doctors  MAY have to make a decision who lives or dies.(Not an enviable task I assure you) The Nazi Doctors did the same- selection process?

hello...

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #157 on: March 24, 2020, 09:06:13 PM »
Whoosh right over your head.

The NHS doctors  MAY have to make a decision who lives or dies.(Not an enviable task I assure you) The Nazi Doctors did the same- selection process?

hello...
Why the need for rudeness?  I could say exactly the same for you.

« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2020, 09:15:51 PM »
Why the need for rudeness?  I could say exactly the same for you.

You bemoan about rudeness  you? of all people? OK.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2020, 10:43:22 PM »

You bemoan about rudeness  you? of all people? OK.
Well I certainly wasn’t rude to you today, it seems you wish to perpetuate the rudeness.  OK.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #160 on: March 25, 2020, 03:27:06 AM »
Please desist with this exchange.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #161 on: March 25, 2020, 06:38:40 AM »

Never mind the spelling- check the abominable grammar or lack of it from all your posts.  Primary 5's can do better!

So no point in trying point to the wood chip in one eye of someone without removing that huge tree from yours!

Your ignorance is well documented. you can't change history. Hitler DID SLAUGHTER Germans who were deemed 'unfit' i.e mentally retarded or physically impaired. It wasn't just Jews he didn't want in his perfect Aryan society. in his German father land- even though he wasn't even a bloody German!  he was Austrian.

Now then to finish this off you probably didn't know that the swastika was a peace symbol stolen from India!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jALT8BAFCdY
It's best not to assume you have superior knowledge...you don't.
I've been to India and seen the swastika on temples...I think many people are aware of it's origin

I think the only one displaying ignorance as you put it is yourself

I didn't say Hitler didn't kill Germans..the Jews were Germans...I said he didn't kill old sick Aryans
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 06:50:31 AM by Davel »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #162 on: March 25, 2020, 07:17:05 AM »
time to get back to the topic please.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #163 on: March 25, 2020, 04:19:10 PM »
I'm wondering if this virus was with us before we were officially told it was. I certainly had a dry cough in Nov/Dec. and I know several others who had the same. My friend's son and granddaughter went skiing in Switzerland about 6 weeks ago. Both were taken ill with a serious, flu-like illness, one of them tested for pneumonia, both were confined to bed. Thankfully, both have recovered.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #164 on: March 25, 2020, 04:40:42 PM »
I'm wondering if this virus was with us before we were officially told it was. I certainly had a dry cough in Nov/Dec. and I know several others who had the same. My friend's son and granddaughter went skiing in Switzerland about 6 weeks ago. Both were taken ill with a serious, flu-like illness, one of them tested for pneumonia, both were confined to bed. Thankfully, both have recovered.
Yeah, both me and my son had a dry cough at the beginning of the year which left me short of breath.  No fever though.