Author Topic: Is the Coronavirus threat being overegged?  (Read 52023 times)

Offline Myster

Re: Is the Coronavirus threat being overegged?
« Reply #180 on: March 28, 2020, 08:39:16 AM »
Is Trump passing Corona on to his unsuspecting advisors?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYSGOpbyR2E
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #181 on: March 28, 2020, 09:38:09 AM »
Is Trump passing Corona on to his unsuspecting advisors?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYSGOpbyR2E

I read that he'd tested negative--------or is that fake news?

Nothing Trump says or does would surprise me.

Offline Carana

« Reply #182 on: March 28, 2020, 03:55:53 PM »
Graphic on how social distancing / duration / early or late start affected the number of deaths in various US cities during the 1918 pandemic.

Cities that ordered social distancing measures later and for shorter periods tended to have spikes in deaths and higher overall death rates.

Cities that ordered social distancing measures sooner and for longer periods usually slowed infections and lowered overall death rates.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/2020/03/how-cities-flattened-curve-1918-spanish-flu-pandemic-coronavirus/

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #183 on: March 28, 2020, 04:28:25 PM »
Graphic on how social distancing / duration / early or late start affected the number of deaths in various US cities during the 1918 pandemic.

Cities that ordered social distancing measures later and for shorter periods tended to have spikes in deaths and higher overall death rates.

Cities that ordered social distancing measures sooner and for longer periods usually slowed infections and lowered overall death rates.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/2020/03/how-cities-flattened-curve-1918-spanish-flu-pandemic-coronavirus/

I have taken to reading all sorts of stuff re the 1918 Spanish Flu too.  Let's hope it doesn't unnerve us too much!

Online Eleanor

« Reply #184 on: March 28, 2020, 06:11:50 PM »

What a very silly thing to say.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #185 on: March 28, 2020, 06:14:51 PM »

I have taken to reading all sorts of stuff re the 1918 Spanish Flu too.  Let's hope it doesn't unnerve us too much!

Try reading about the Village of Eyham and The Plague.  That was really not funny.

Offline Myster

« Reply #186 on: March 28, 2020, 06:26:53 PM »
What a very silly thing to say.
Back to you!  If Trump has hushed up that he might have the virus, wouldn't you be wary of receiving one of those markers he's just handled?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #187 on: March 28, 2020, 06:29:50 PM »
Back to you!  If Trump has hushed up that he might have the virus, wouldn't you be wary of receiving one of those markers he's just handled?

Would he do that, do you think?

Offline Myster

« Reply #188 on: March 28, 2020, 06:39:12 PM »
Would he do that, do you think?
Boris didn't know he had the virus until a few days ago and no doubt either passed it on to or received it from other members of COBRA.

But if Trump is capable of faking a suntan, then...

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #189 on: March 28, 2020, 06:40:52 PM »
Wash your hands with soap.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #190 on: March 28, 2020, 06:41:38 PM »
Boris didn't know he had the virus until a few days ago and no doubt either passed it on to or received it from other members of COBRA.

But if Trump is capable of faking a suntan, then...

Have you got The Plague?  It looks like it by your Avatar.  Poor you.

Offline Myster

« Reply #191 on: March 28, 2020, 06:49:11 PM »
Wash your hands with soap.
I use more than just soap... diluted Dettol every time I have a doorstep delivery and have to sign one of their electronic gizmos, and even after handling the daily post.

Offline Myster

« Reply #192 on: March 28, 2020, 06:54:36 PM »
Have you got The Plague?  It looks like it by your Avatar.  Poor you.
Like many, I've been feeling a bit peaky blinders lately with the odd cough and sore throat, but test kits are not  available online yet, so who knows. 

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #193 on: March 28, 2020, 07:13:43 PM »
Try reading about the Village of Eyham and The Plague.  That was really not funny.

I watched the film adapted from the play "The Roses of Eyam" many years ago. Don't remember who wrote the play. Did discover that the village is partly a National Trust site now, and hope to visit one day.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #194 on: March 28, 2020, 07:14:45 PM »
I thought they were cigars!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly