Author Topic: Is the Coronavirus threat being overegged?  (Read 52025 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Is the Coronavirus threat being overegged?
« Reply #210 on: April 05, 2020, 03:31:02 PM »
Does that mean that you wouldn't seek hospital treatment if you did get a severe case of it? If so, it might spare a ventilator for someone else.

I haven't left the house in about 2 weeks, & I won't be until the lock down is finished, so I think the chances of me contracting Covid are pretty slim. But even if I did, I'm under 40 & healthy, so I don't think hospitalisation would be necessary.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #211 on: April 05, 2020, 03:39:29 PM »
Perhaps you're right.  Perhaps I don't care about doctors & nurses & such like.
Not having had to go to hospital recently, their work doesn't affect me in the slightest.
Besides, it was their career choice after all, which they made themselves, no one forced them to do it.
They knew full well they'd be treating the sick & injured & would be at increased risk of catching aids or cancer.
no one catches cancer

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #212 on: April 05, 2020, 04:09:46 PM »
no one catches cancer
Maybe Wonderfulspam will be the exception.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #213 on: April 05, 2020, 04:18:23 PM »
Does that mean that you wouldn't seek hospital treatment if you did get a severe case of it? If so, it might spare a ventilator for someone else.

Leave it out. It is of no conseque.  Sometime it doesn't matter,

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #214 on: April 05, 2020, 06:23:27 PM »
What are the statistical risks for those without underlying health conditions?  I think pretty low?

My understanding is that without the lock down measures the NHS would be unable to cope with those who succumb as a result of existing health conditions and/or the elderly ie 70 plus.

A few younger people, seemingly healthy, have lost their lives to the virus but in absence of a post mortem it may be that the victims had undiagnosed existing health conditions.

This is the NHS at its worse.  Tick boxy stats.  They put people into boxes and then if you do not fit in  the chosen box you are ignored.

My uncle who was 47 went to opticians and mentioned he thinks he may have a macula degeneration in his left eye- he was sent to hospital, after an examination, only to be told  no way -too young go away and don't worry. 4 years later. almost blind with macula degeneration. It is unheard of in someone so young BUT  he didn't sit in the correct tick boxy thing.  this is what happened with the COVID19  saying over 70's should stay indoors and only those with underlying health conditions blahblah.  When all the while the doctor in China who discovered the virus and its spread-was a young healthy doctor!!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #215 on: April 05, 2020, 07:11:37 PM »
I haven't left the house in about 2 weeks, & I won't be until the lock down is finished, so I think the chances of me contracting Covid are pretty slim. But even if I did, I'm under 40 & healthy, so I don't think hospitalisation would be necessary.

The fact that you haven't left the house for two weeks, and are not intending to until the lockdown is over, suggests that you ARE a little worried !

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #216 on: April 05, 2020, 09:06:14 PM »
The fact that you haven't left the house for two weeks, and are not intending to until the lockdown is over, suggests that you ARE a little worried !

No,  It's just I'm very [ censored word]ocial & this lockdown is the perfect excuse not to see anyone.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline misty

« Reply #217 on: April 05, 2020, 09:30:26 PM »
Breaking news - Boris has been taken to hospital.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #218 on: April 05, 2020, 10:33:23 PM »
Get well soon BoJo.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Carana

« Reply #219 on: April 06, 2020, 08:52:33 AM »
Watching CNN over the past few days, my nose was twitching about understated tensions.

This might well be part of it, but there's more...

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1244586703475691521.html

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #220 on: April 06, 2020, 09:20:41 AM »

Yes it sort of doesn't surprise me as he looks so unwell in the recent images to my eyes.

Unlike Matt Hancock BJ appears to be overweight and I understand there's a correlation between weight and severity of symptoms.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #221 on: April 06, 2020, 07:42:14 PM »
Yes it sort of doesn't surprise me as he looks so unwell in the recent images to my eyes.

Unlike Matt Hancock BJ appears to be overweight and I understand there's a correlation between weight and severity of symptoms.

All sorts of misinformation- newest one is black people are more prone? well who thought that one up?

Chinese are NOT black so...

It affects EVERYONE differently. The idea we have  a high risk group is wrong- we are all at risk we may all present various reactions from mild/moderate to fatal.

I and many of my colleagues are very concerned that all cancer screening is on hold! This is WRONG IMO.

kEEP YOUR DISTANCE STAY SAFE ...  This only applies to plebs/not very important people.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8190935/Nicola-Sturgeon-defends-handling-Scotlands-chief-medical-officer-row.html
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #222 on: April 06, 2020, 08:21:04 PM »
All sorts of misinformation- newest one is black people are more prone? well who thought that one up?

It affects EVERYONE differently. The idea we have  a high risk group is wrong- we are all at risk we may all present various reactions from mild/moderate to fatal.

I and many of my colleagues are very concerned that all cancer screening is on hold! This is WRONG IMO.

kEEP YOUR DISTANCE STAY SAFE ...  This only applies to plebs/not very important people.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8190935/Nicola-Sturgeon-defends-handling-Scotlands-chief-medical-officer-row.html

you really need to read things properly...it says black and asian...BME...no one "thought it up"....its a fact

black and asian make up 33% of the deaths...but are only 13% of the population... it also says that it may not simply be the ethinicity that causes the raised figure...there may be other factors
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 08:23:30 PM by Davel »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #223 on: April 06, 2020, 08:22:43 PM »

Boris is now in intensive care.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #224 on: April 06, 2020, 08:30:49 PM »

i havent checked but you will almost certainly find its routine cancer screening thats on hold....things like smear tests....that can wait a few weeks or even months...but something where cancer was suspected would be tested

« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 08:37:27 PM by Davel »