Author Topic: Is the Coronavirus threat being overegged?  (Read 52023 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Is the Coronavirus threat being overegged?
« Reply #270 on: April 16, 2020, 09:17:16 PM »
I've barely left the house in a month so I'm not responsible for spreading any virus.
If more people were like me, there wouldn't be any virus to speak of.

Some people have to leave the house...I feel sorry for the supermarket workers...bus drivers. we all cant stay at home forever...more of us will get ill and thank god for the NHS staff who will look after us....possibly save our lives whilst risking their own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #271 on: April 16, 2020, 09:26:00 PM »
ive no problem showing respect to a post from Faithlilly...

This morning - the government’s health secretary said that 19 NHS Staff had died from Coronavirus. I don’t know what he hopes to gain from this fib but it is wrong and inaccurate. Out of respect for their sacrifice we should at least remember their name and the number who gave their lives. 31 NHS staff have so far died of Coronavirus. I list their names below. RIP.

Abdul Chowdhury
Fayaz Ayache
Labeja Acellam
Alfa Saadu
Habib Zaidi
Amged El-Hawrani
Adil El Tayar
Jitendra Rathod
Anton Sebastianpillai
Mo Sami Shousha
Syed Haider
Alice Kit Tak Ong
Emilia Perugia
Daniel Souelto
Carol Jamabo
John Alagos
Liz Glanister
Glen Corbin
Thomas Harvey
Amor Gatinao
Lynsay Coventry
Cathy Sweeney
Janice Graham
Edmund Adedeji
Barbara Moore
Pooja Sharma
Bex Mack
Amreema Nasreen
Amiee O’Rourke

Remember.Their.Names.

let's show some respect

Online Eleanor

« Reply #272 on: April 17, 2020, 11:24:16 AM »

This is all self motivated, but nothing much wrong with that, apart from idiots who think that they are invincible.

I don't want it, but I am not so stupid as to think that the danger will end this time around.  It will run for a bit yet.

I don't know if this is Nature's way of controlling the population.  The survival of the fittest, as it were.  And we are only animals after all.  But this has got to be better than another World War.

Just not me, eh God.

You can over egg it anyway you like.  I am scared.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #273 on: April 18, 2020, 10:31:47 PM »

I heard that my neighbours cat was killed thursday night.
It was outside at 8pm & became spooked by all the virtue signallers cheering, clapping & banging pots & pans in the street. It ran into the road & got hit by a car.
Disgusting behaviour by these people imo.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #274 on: April 19, 2020, 07:45:27 PM »
Such a beautiful day here.
Normally a time for everyone to enjoy.
Take care xx
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #275 on: April 19, 2020, 08:14:08 PM »
I heard that my neighbours cat was killed thursday night.
It was outside at 8pm & became spooked by all the virtue signallers cheering, clapping & banging pots & pans in the street. It ran into the road & got hit by a car.
Disgusting behaviour by these people imo.

for once I agree with you. Why were these disgusting poeple driving a car when they should have been applauding the NHS.....stay safe

Offline Carana

« Reply #276 on: April 21, 2020, 10:39:04 PM »
Ok. worldometers now seems to refer to https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public#number-of-cases-and-deaths

But for UK stats, it still says

Number of cases and deaths

As of 9am 21 April, 535,342 tests have concluded, with 18,206 tests carried out on 20 April.

397,670 people have been tested, of whom 129,044 have tested positive.

As of 5pm on 20 April, of those hospitalised in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus, 17,337 have died.

---

What about those who died in hospital before being tested?
What about those who've died elsewhere? (Care homes, homes...) ?

(A caveat being that it will be difficult to ascertain who died with it or because of it for the elderly or co-morbid.)

Comparing between countries which count in different ways seems impossible for the moment.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 10:49:40 AM by Carana »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #277 on: April 22, 2020, 09:01:42 PM »
The military guy who presented at today's press briefing sounded far more competent and commanding than the politicians.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #278 on: April 22, 2020, 11:12:48 PM »
The military guy who presented at today's press briefing sounded far more competent and commanding than the politicians.
Let’s hope he saves us all from the nasty bug. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Carana

« Reply #279 on: April 23, 2020, 02:08:32 AM »
Davel,

Your list is a nice thought, but sadly there are a lot more.

NursingNotes
@NursingNotesUK
As of 09:00 on 22/4/2020, at least 111 health and social care workers are now believed to have died of COVID-19. Our team works tirelessly to ensure their names are never forgotten.

https://twitter.com/NursingNotesUK/status/1252871676414455809

That just went up. 117 again.

https://nursingnotes.co.uk/covid-19-memorial/

Offline Carana

« Reply #280 on: April 23, 2020, 10:12:58 AM »

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=post;quote=585342;topic=11296.495

Copying Faith's article link over here.

There was a very similar article in the French (?) media a week or so ago, by a doctor.

It drove him around the bend when people came out to clap (quite an attention-grabbing headline).
The gist was that it's only now that people are starting to realise how underfunded, overworked, etc., they've been since way before COVID, but the superhuman effort they've already been making for years hadn't been acknowledged.

And that the next time the medical / carer community air their grievances, people might do well to support them a bit more than just clap.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 10:48:33 AM by Carana »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #281 on: April 24, 2020, 10:17:48 PM »

Week 5 of not clapping. But I have been supporting the NHS in other ways. Like paying tax all my working life & not being ill. I look forward to receiving my knighthood.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #282 on: April 27, 2020, 08:45:15 AM »
Let’s hope he saves us all from the nasty bug.

No individual or group will save us all from the nasty bug.  Its going to require a massive team effort across the globe.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #283 on: April 27, 2020, 08:58:27 AM »
I would prefer an approach similar to Swedens:

In contrast with other countries where political leaders have fronted the national response to the crisis, Dr Tegnell has led the majority of news conferences.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52395866

His tone is typically matter of fact, with a strong focus on figures, and few mentions of the emotional impact of the crisis on victims and their families.

I would imagine those who lived through WW2 are wondering what all the fuss is about.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #284 on: April 27, 2020, 09:41:22 AM »
I would prefer an approach similar to Swedens:

In contrast with other countries where political leaders have fronted the national response to the crisis, Dr Tegnell has led the majority of news conferences.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52395866

His tone is typically matter of fact, with a strong focus on figures, and few mentions of the emotional impact of the crisis on victims and their families.

I would imagine those who lived through WW2 are wondering what all the fuss is about.

I think we're very lucky to live in the United Kingdom. Most of us have had our incomes secured and have a home to retreat to. If we do fall ill we have a good heathcare system with dedicated staff doing everything they can to help us. There are other countries where people have no secure income and no secure homes they can retreat to. If they fall ill they don't have the healthcare they need to get them well or to ease their suffering.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0