Author Topic: Is the Coronavirus threat being overegged?  (Read 52020 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Is the Coronavirus threat being overegged?
« Reply #315 on: May 09, 2020, 11:19:24 PM »
Yes, I have read people saying the same. It's pathetic. The MSM & government are to blame for this with their permanent fear mongering. As I understand it, 99% of the UK population haven't died of CV, yet the media is putting the focus firmly on the tiny minority that have.

I also have concerns about my own mental health, having been locked at home for the past two months with no certain release date, It got me thinking,  If I were in prison I could probably still have access to a gym. Go figure!

I read also that the lockdown measures could increase the chances of people being radicalized.
Which got me thinking, maybe 9/11 wasn't all that bad, & just yesterday I was watching the VE day celebrations & I couldn't help thinking, I kind of wish the Nazis had won.
looks like you’ve got very good reason to be concerned about your own mental health if the above is anything to go by.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #316 on: May 09, 2020, 11:29:30 PM »

If I become a serial killer, arsonist or Jihadist in the coming weeks, that isn't  going to protect the nhs & save lives. And there will be no one to blame but the government, & China.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #317 on: May 09, 2020, 11:55:37 PM »
If I become a serial killer, arsonist or Jihadist in the coming weeks, that isn't  going to protect the nhs & save lives. And there will be no one to blame but the government, & China.
Have you converted to Islam?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #318 on: May 10, 2020, 08:46:48 AM »
When Boris announced the lockdown the infection rate was doubling every three to four days,since lockdown has it reduced at that same rate?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Carana

« Reply #319 on: May 10, 2020, 11:37:29 AM »
In the beginning, it was doubling every 2 days. Then, IIRC, hovered around doubling every 3-4 days for some time.

The acceleration rate appears to have been plateauing (I wish I could imitate Cuomo's pronunciation lol) and on a slight decline.

However, IMO, there are a few problems with assessing the rate of infection.

The UK was only testing serious/critical cases in hospital, then they expanded to other patients, and now onto hospital staff, etc.

Nearly all of those serious cases will have contaminated others, but who haven't been tested. A proportion may have been asymptomatic, but still carriers; others would have had few symptoms (not worth calling a doctor about); others a moderate level (sub-emergency), and a further proportion needing hospitalisation themselves, thereby adding another case to the count.

Where there has been effective contact tracing and testing, case rates will appear higher. In other places, until there is an adequate antibody test, there's no way of knowing what the case rate has actually been.

Even where lockdowns are in place, essential workers can still get infected and contaminate others; as can those in lockdown but who still need to go out for shopping or others reasons; plus a percentage of people who haven't followed the lockdown measures.

Then there is the issue of, e.g., a cashier getting infected. A member of a lockdown family gets infected and goes back home. Few people living together, whether in a family setting or in a flat share can, or would want to, self-isolate (quarantine is bad enough).

In the (few) countries that have imposed a more severe lockdown (in some cases literally boarded up), the case rate peaked, then dropped dramatically - but such extreme measures wouldn't be tolerated in non-authoritarian regimes.
In other places, where there has been an effective tracing, testing and isolating / quarantining strategy, the case rate will also show a rapid decline.

As PPE and testing increase, and testing result times speed up, rates will fall and it will be safer to ease off and get the economy up and running again and to have some semblance of a more normal life (albeit a "new normal" one).

Offline Carana

« Reply #320 on: May 10, 2020, 11:49:14 AM »
There are bound to be new outbreaks, even after a lockdown.

South Korea deemed it safe to let night clubs reopen a week or so ago... then one infected person who apparently went off club-hopping, set off another outbreak. That's bound to happen, but when authorities are in a position to effectively get back to contact tracing, etc., then they can be more easily contained.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-2-000-bars-shut-in-seoul-as-18-new-covid-19-cases-linked-to-one-man-11985686

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #321 on: May 11, 2020, 03:18:31 AM »
After months of fatigue, I developed acute pancreatitis, hepatitis, acute renal failure and excessively high hypertension.
Was this one of the syndromes of Covid?   There was no real cause established but studies from China had found the connection.   
It was drinking milk that seemed to heal me.   Two days in the hospital and I was sent home.   
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #322 on: May 11, 2020, 05:56:02 AM »
After months of fatigue, I developed acute pancreatitis, hepatitis, acute renal failure and excessively high hypertension.
Was this one of the syndromes of Covid?   There was no real cause established but studies from China had found the connection.   
It was drinking milk that seemed to heal me.   Two days in the hospital and I was sent home.   

Thank God you are okay.  I have been really worried about you.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #323 on: May 11, 2020, 08:27:03 AM »

Glad you came through all of that.  Take care of yourself and I hope you keep well.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #324 on: May 11, 2020, 09:24:02 AM »
Glad you came through all of that.  Take care of yourself and I hope you keep well.
I've been ill for months now, always isolated but never quite getting over it.  I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to get fully well at the moment.  I'm taking daily multivitamins and fish oils.   I might have to get some lambs fry.
Any suggestions as to how to recover?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #325 on: May 11, 2020, 10:56:50 AM »
I've been ill for months now, always isolated but never quite getting over it.  I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to get fully well at the moment.  I'm taking daily multivitamins and fish oils.   I might have to get some lambs fry.

Good luck Rob....as a matter of interest were you tested. its ironic that none of our UK posters seem to have had any problems but you in NZ have.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #326 on: May 11, 2020, 11:02:24 AM »
Welcome back Rob, and hope you are soon fully recovered.

Offline puglove

« Reply #327 on: May 11, 2020, 01:02:40 PM »

Blimey Rob, poor you. You've had a bad do. I'm really glad that you're gradually feeling better. But I'm not sure about lambs' fry - you might be adding toxins to your system. Maybe consider a  good quality CBD oil?
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #328 on: May 11, 2020, 01:46:54 PM »
Good luck Rob....as a matter of interest were you tested. its ironic that none of our UK posters seem to have had any problems but you in NZ have.
I have submitted to 3 tests so far.

In the early stages, the instructions were to stay at home and self-isolate which is what I did. The symptoms in February and March have always been mild, sore throat, mild cough, asthma at night, but this malaise and tiredness that made self-isolating quite easy to do. 
Mid-March my cat got sick and sneezed into my face three times in quick succession.  After that, I recall getting pinkeyes.  which lasted several weeks.
https://wgxa.tv/news/nation-world/pink-eye-now-linked-as-possible-symptom-of-coronavirus-03-31-2020-112244698
I also had an "orf" like skin lesion on my right-hand index finger.  That lesion had been there for months and I got my friend to check to see if there was a foreign body in it. 

So after disturbing that I developed soreness in my leg (I put this down to an inflamed leg vein which I have had in the past). 
It was about a fortnight ago that I started to feel discomfort in my liver and stomach area.

Speaking to my daughter about this I decided to get a Covid test but they swab one's nose but I had been using peroxide nasal sprays for months prior to that and my nostrils were 100% OK.  No virus was recovered.

Since getting back from the hospital I developed a sore throat and a cough (last Thursday) so I was retested last Friday and got my clearance late Saturday.

I also submitted a sputum sample to my GP but I was told today they had not submitted it for testing.

I was in contact with a person who had returned from China, after being in Hubei Province (a town near Wuhan but I can't recall the name) in early Jan 2020.  He became quite sick and I might have caught it from him.

Even though UK has a lot of cases still only a small percentage of the population has been in contact with the virus at this stage.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 01:56:21 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #329 on: May 11, 2020, 02:06:57 PM »

Just build up your immune system by living healthily and try to take your mind of it. Try blueberries and other nutrient rich food 8((()*/
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?