Author Topic: Is the Coronavirus threat being overegged?  (Read 52012 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Is the Coronavirus threat being overegged?
« Reply #330 on: May 11, 2020, 02:12:13 PM »
Just build up your immune system by living healthily and try to take your mind of it. Try blueberries and other nutrient rich food 8((()*/

Bluberries, easy peelers (satsumas/clementines) tenderstem, sardines, mackrel, salmon, yoghurt with live cultures.

Bet you feel better in no time  8((()*/
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Carana

« Reply #331 on: May 11, 2020, 03:03:37 PM »
After months of fatigue, I developed acute pancreatitis, hepatitis, acute renal failure and excessively high hypertension.
Was this one of the syndromes of Covid?   There was no real cause established but studies from China had found the connection.   
It was drinking milk that seemed to heal me.   Two days in the hospital and I was sent home.   

Hey! I'd wondered where you'd got to. Glad to see you back.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #332 on: May 11, 2020, 11:17:33 PM »
Hey! I'd wondered where you'd got to. Glad to see you back.
The forum is really quiet at the moment.  Take care.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #333 on: May 12, 2020, 08:04:26 AM »
The forum is really quiet at the moment.  Take care.

We are all on The Bamber Forum, which I have to say is marginally worse than this one.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #334 on: May 12, 2020, 09:32:08 AM »
Glad to see you are recovering, albeit at a slow pace .
Take care Rob and everyone else too.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Carana

« Reply #335 on: May 12, 2020, 05:55:48 PM »
I have submitted to 3 tests so far.

In the early stages, the instructions were to stay at home and self-isolate which is what I did. The symptoms in February and March have always been mild, sore throat, mild cough, asthma at night, but this malaise and tiredness that made self-isolating quite easy to do. 
Mid-March my cat got sick and sneezed into my face three times in quick succession.  After that, I recall getting pinkeyes.  which lasted several weeks.
https://wgxa.tv/news/nation-world/pink-eye-now-linked-as-possible-symptom-of-coronavirus-03-31-2020-112244698
I also had an "orf" like skin lesion on my right-hand index finger.  That lesion had been there for months and I got my friend to check to see if there was a foreign body in it. 

So after disturbing that I developed soreness in my leg (I put this down to an inflamed leg vein which I have had in the past). 
It was about a fortnight ago that I started to feel discomfort in my liver and stomach area.

Speaking to my daughter about this I decided to get a Covid test but they swab one's nose but I had been using peroxide nasal sprays for months prior to that and my nostrils were 100% OK.  No virus was recovered.

Since getting back from the hospital I developed a sore throat and a cough (last Thursday) so I was retested last Friday and got my clearance late Saturday.

I also submitted a sputum sample to my GP but I was told today they had not submitted it for testing.

I was in contact with a person who had returned from China, after being in Hubei Province (a town near Wuhan but I can't recall the name) in early Jan 2020.  He became quite sick and I might have caught it from him.

Even though UK has a lot of cases still only a small percentage of the population has been in contact with the virus at this stage.

I'm not aware of those symptoms as being related to Covid-19, Rob. Have you checked what else it could be?

PS How's pussycat?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #336 on: May 13, 2020, 12:22:27 AM »
Pussy cat is basically well as far as I can tell.  She has been self-isolating and resting up on my lap for the last 3 months as well.
One thing that I did notice lately though is that when she is asleep she seems to have quite severe twitching sessions.   I did read there were reports that the Coronavirus can affect human brains as well.

What I've noticed myself:
I did notice that after coming out of the hospital (just over a week ago) I couldn't follow the storylines on the movies I was watching.   That seems to have come right.
I also had fallen over several times about 7 weeks ago. 
One other symptom that I don't mention much was the anosmia (loss of sense of smell).   I had not really noticed that I had lost my sense of smell till one day I noticed the sense returned and everything seems to be really smelly.
https://www.wired.com/story/what-does-covid-19-do-to-your-brain/

Just reading that article reminded me that one of the early symptoms of Covid 19  is a headache.   I had a mild headache early on too, but nothing that a Panadol didn't fix.  So it is easy to forget the headache.

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #337 on: May 13, 2020, 11:51:29 PM »
In acute cases the nasal swabs might be the best way to track the spread of the virus but I'm tending to think that faecal testing is required to isolate carriers.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/04/study-many-asymptomatic-covid-19-cases-undetected
"Questionable findings from single throat swab test
In the EID study, a 39-year-old hospital nephrologist who began having a dry cough on Jan 31 was hospitalized with fever on Feb 7 and diagnosed as having coronavirus on Feb 10. He lived with his wife, a lab physician with no patient contact; their 7-year-old twins with only family contact due to school closures; and the twins' retired 62-year-old grandfather and 64-year-old grandmother.

All family members were hospitalized on Feb 11 and remained asymptomatic throughout their 21-day stay. All tested positive for COVID-19 except one who tested negative on four consecutive throat swabs but was positive on stool specimen testing and had high liver enzyme levels but no jaundice.

Another family member had a high D-dimer level, indicating blood clots. All abnormal lab findings normalized during the hospital stay. Three family members had abnormal chest computed tomography (CT) scans.

The wife, who had 11 serial throat swabs, showed negative results on two consecutive occasions and then reverted to a positive result. She also underwent serologic testing, which showed low levels of B lymphocytes but no coronavirus antibodies. The authors said that her case illustrates the challenges of interpreting the results of quantitative reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (qRT-PCR) for COVID-19.

"Coronavirus Covid 19: NZ in pilot plan to sample sewage for virus" 

"Recent studies have shown that live Sars-Cov-2 – the virus that causes Covid-19 – can be isolated from the faeces and urine of infected people, and can sometimes survive for up to several days after leaving the body."

The virus doesn't even have to be alive to be detected.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #338 on: May 16, 2020, 12:10:05 AM »
I heard this on the News today "New evidence in race to find France's COVID-19 'patient zero'" France had Covid 19 like cases in November 2019.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/new-evidence-race-find-france-s-covid-19-patient-zero-n1207871
Moderation

Offline Brietta

« Reply #339 on: May 16, 2020, 01:20:09 AM »
In acute cases the nasal swabs might be the best way to track the spread of the virus but I'm tending to think that faecal testing is required to isolate carriers.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/04/study-many-asymptomatic-covid-19-cases-undetected
"Questionable findings from single throat swab test
In the EID study, a 39-year-old hospital nephrologist who began having a dry cough on Jan 31 was hospitalized with fever on Feb 7 and diagnosed as having coronavirus on Feb 10. He lived with his wife, a lab physician with no patient contact; their 7-year-old twins with only family contact due to school closures; and the twins' retired 62-year-old grandfather and 64-year-old grandmother.

All family members were hospitalized on Feb 11 and remained asymptomatic throughout their 21-day stay. All tested positive for COVID-19 except one who tested negative on four consecutive throat swabs but was positive on stool specimen testing and had high liver enzyme levels but no jaundice.

Another family member had a high D-dimer level, indicating blood clots. All abnormal lab findings normalized during the hospital stay. Three family members had abnormal chest computed tomography (CT) scans.

The wife, who had 11 serial throat swabs, showed negative results on two consecutive occasions and then reverted to a positive result. She also underwent serologic testing, which showed low levels of B lymphocytes but no coronavirus antibodies. The authors said that her case illustrates the challenges of interpreting the results of quantitative reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (qRT-PCR) for COVID-19.

"Coronavirus Covid 19: NZ in pilot plan to sample sewage for virus" 

"Recent studies have shown that live Sars-Cov-2 – the virus that causes Covid-19 – can be isolated from the faeces and urine of infected people, and can sometimes survive for up to several days after leaving the body."

The virus doesn't even have to be alive to be detected.

The more they find out about this virus the more worrying the situation is becoming, as if it wasn't bad enough in the first place.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #340 on: May 16, 2020, 07:25:38 AM »
The more they find out about this virus the more worrying the situation is becoming, as if it wasn't bad enough in the first place.
Once they recognise the syndromes and learn how to specifically treat them things will be getting better.

Like additional vitamin D and zinc seem helpful.  I get my top off as often as I can to get sun exposure.   Haven't figured the extra zinc as yet other than taking Centrum A to Z tablets. 

I've actually felt nearly normal this afternoon for the first time in months.
Moderation

Offline Brietta

« Reply #341 on: May 16, 2020, 10:50:34 AM »
Once they recognise the syndromes and learn how to specifically treat them things will be getting better.

Like additional vitamin D and zinc seem helpful.  I get my top off as often as I can to get sun exposure.   Haven't figured the extra zinc as yet other than taking Centrum A to Z tablets. 

I've actually felt nearly normal this afternoon for the first time in months.

I am so pleased to hear that Rob.  But don't get cocky and try to do too much too soon.  Festina lente
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #342 on: May 17, 2020, 11:48:02 AM »

What is this?  Don't catch it in the first place.  You might not become immune, but you don't have to.  Some people manage to have good lives without catching nasty things.  There is No Law that says you have to.  You just have to apply a bit of common sense.

But then Common Sense isn't one of the attributes of The Human Race.  Which is why some of us are expendable.  And for why Planet Earth hasn't yet collapsed under the weight.

A War or A Virus.  Take your pick.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #343 on: May 17, 2020, 04:53:47 PM »
What is this?  Don't catch it in the first place.  You might not become immune, but you don't have to.  Some people manage to have good lives without catching nasty things.  There is No Law that says you have to.  You just have to apply a bit of common sense.

But then Common Sense isn't one of the attributes of The Human Race.  Which is why some of us are expendable.  And for why Planet Earth hasn't yet collapsed under the weight.

A War or A Virus.  Take your pick.
IMO the only positive I can take from this episode is that I'm now immune.   I can go around and I feel safe.
Moderation

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #344 on: May 17, 2020, 06:29:53 PM »
IMO the only positive I can take from this episode is that I'm now immune.   I can go around and I feel safe.

Are you absolutely sure about this?  Have you been tested as such?