Author Topic: Newish Portuguese video - anyone know what it is about?  (Read 8443 times)

Offline Heriberto Janosch

Re: Newish Portuguese video - anyone know what it is about?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 01:59:00 AM »
I think that Portuguese is not a dialect from Spanish, but they are both dialects of Latin.

There is a dialect of Portuguese, I think, it is the Galego, which is one of the 4 official Spanish languages (along with Spanish, Euskera and Català) ...

And about the understanding of the languages, my last ex girlfriend was from Brazil (near Brasilia) where they talk Portuguese ... But she can not understand Portuguese people of Lisbon when they talk!!!

Heri.

Thanks Heri for your insights

but I await Anne's views as professional linguist, to answer my query

if that's fine with you

Could she not or did she simply not want to give us a basic understanding of the programme Red posted?

Do not forget it is not the same reading that listening ... and also the Chilean particular accent ... If Anne would have a transcript surely she could tell ... 

AnneGuedes

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 02:02:52 AM »
I think that Portuguese is not a dialect from Spanish, but they are both dialects of Latin.

There is a dialect of Portuguese, I think, it is the Galego, which is one of the 4 official Spanish languages (along with Spanish, Euskera and Català) ...

And about the understanding of the languages, my last ex girlfriend was from Brazil (near Brasilia) where they talk Portuguese ... But she can not understand Portuguese people of Lisbon when they talk!!!

Heri.

if that's fine with you

Could she not or did she simply not want to give us a basic understanding of the programme Red posted?
I'm a grammarian, it's a bit different, Registrar. I mainly studied Latin, Greek and Sanskrit.

registrar

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2013, 02:05:21 AM »

Heri.

if that's fine with you

Do not forget it is not the same reading that listening ... and also the Chilean particular accent ... If Anne would have a transcript surely she could tell ...

I sit by and await with abated breath for Anne to clear the matter

Until then I do not think she has helped this forum a jot

AnneGuedes

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2013, 02:06:07 AM »

Heri.

Thanks, Heri, for denying this strange idea of Portuguese as a dialect of Spanish !

registrar

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2013, 02:08:52 AM »

Heri.

if that's fine with you

I'm a grammarian, it's a bit different, Registrar. I mainly studied Latin, Greek and Sanskrit.

Anne, you either master the lingo

or you do not - grammar, my foot

sorry to be so blunt - but there it is

Offline gilet

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2013, 02:43:00 AM »
It is a Chilean TV program ... Hewlett ... Nothing new ... Some errors, for example, SY left the investigation ... The general conclusion: abducted by stranger ... Heri.

Thank you Heriberto.

So Martha's earlier comment seems to have been prophetic.
Curious to find out whether Martha had some prophetic aptitude ;) I jumped to the conclusion by a forensic psychologist :
the parents sedated the 3 children in order to have a quiet dinner, having overdosed accidentally Madeleine who died. In order to divert attention, they started a campaign to find Madeleine, then transported the decomposing corpse in a rented car and buried it in a church.
No comment.

I think your use of that in that context tells us a great deal indeed.

I am quite disgusted.

Offline Heriberto Janosch

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2013, 03:30:02 AM »
It is a Chilean TV program ... Hewlett ... Nothing new ... Some errors, for example, SY left the investigation ... The general conclusion: abducted by stranger ... Heri.

Thank you Heriberto.

Curious to find out whether Martha had some prophetic aptitude ;) I jumped to the conclusion by a forensic psychologist :
the parents sedated the 3 children in order to have a quiet dinner, having overdosed accidentally Madeleine who died. In order to divert attention, they started a campaign to find Madeleine, then transported the decomposing corpse in a rented car and buried it in a church.
No comment.

I am quite disgusted.

Yes, in the video they talked briefly about the "accidental death + body hidden by parents" hypothesis, only to consider it "horrid" and discarded it.

Offline gilet

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2013, 03:39:55 AM »

Thank you Heriberto.

No comment.

I am quite disgusted.

Yes, in the video they talked briefly about the "accidental death + body hidden by parents" hypothesis, only to consider it "horrid" and discarded it.

Thank you Heriberto.