Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1052612 times)

Offline Vertigo Swirl

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #13755 on: August 05, 2022, 01:52:48 PM »
Yet more excellent news:
A Russian army commander who called herself the “she-wolf” after boasting that she enjoyed killing Ukrainians has died in a missile strike.

Lieutenant Colonel Olga “Korsa” Kachura is Moscow’s first female army chief to die since the invasion started in February. Kachura, 52, was killed instantly after a rocket struck her car in the city of Horlivka, Donetsk.
I no longer read nor reply to posts made by those posters I perceive to be WUMS and TROLLS so if you think I'm ignoring you this may be the reason.  Best wishes.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #13756 on: August 05, 2022, 02:17:32 PM »
Yet more excellent news:
A Russian army commander who called herself the “she-wolf” after boasting that she enjoyed killing Ukrainians has died in a missile strike.

Lieutenant Colonel Olga “Korsa” Kachura is Moscow’s first female army chief to die since the invasion started in February. Kachura, 52, was killed instantly after a rocket struck her car in the city of Horlivka, Donetsk.

They won that battle but they're losing the war.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #13757 on: August 05, 2022, 02:25:40 PM »
I have had people in my life die you know, I tried to save one with cpr but it was too late.

I am very sad for you to hear this.

Offline jassi

« Reply #13758 on: August 05, 2022, 02:34:04 PM »
They won that battle but they're losing the war.

We're bombarded by so much Western propaganda that I find it impossible to discern the truth about the war and it's progress.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #13759 on: August 05, 2022, 02:39:32 PM »
We're bombarded by so much Western propaganda that I find it impossible to discern the truth about the war and it's progress.
Yeah, probably best to rely on the Russian media, they tend to be wholly accurate and fact based.  @)(++(*
I no longer read nor reply to posts made by those posters I perceive to be WUMS and TROLLS so if you think I'm ignoring you this may be the reason.  Best wishes.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #13760 on: August 05, 2022, 04:43:30 PM »

There's very little talk of pushing the invading forces back to Russia & taking back Crimea anymore.
Russia have pretty much turned off the gas taps to Europe, the sanctions were designed to cripple the Russian economy, but it's Europe experiencing inflation, recession & pending fuel shortages this coming winter. Things are going that well for the collective west they tried to provoke China to distract from Ukraine.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero

Offline jassi

« Reply #13761 on: August 05, 2022, 06:47:01 PM »
I don't have any answer to this,  but Zelensky,aided by the  western powers is steadily allowing the destruction of Ukraine.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #13762 on: August 05, 2022, 08:00:13 PM »
I don't have any answer to this,  but Zelensky,aided by the  western powers is steadily allowing the destruction of Ukraine.
Yes, quite right, absolutely nothing to do with Russia, at all. when a democratic country is invaded by a neighbour it is incumbent on the occupied country to simply roll over and invite the invaders to take over without a fight,

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #13763 on: August 06, 2022, 08:17:52 AM »
On another subject isn't it great that the conspiracy loon Alex Jones is having to pay the parents of the victims of Sandy Hook $4m for peddling myths about their children's murders?
the news gets even better:

A jury in Texas yesterday ordered right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones to pay $49.3 million in total damages to the parents of a 6-year-old boy killed in the Sandy Hook school massacre, which the Infowars founder had claimed was a hoax.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #13764 on: August 06, 2022, 08:33:04 AM »
the news gets even better:

A jury in Texas yesterday ordered right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones to pay $49.3 million in total damages to the parents of a 6-year-old boy killed in the Sandy Hook school massacre, which the Infowars founder had claimed was a hoax.
It seems the alleged victims want to silence anyone who doesn't believe in their narrative...what does that tell us

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #13765 on: August 06, 2022, 09:22:24 AM »
It seems the alleged victims want to silence anyone who doesn't believe in their narrative...what does that tell us
Oh yeah, you got a point.   @)(++(* 
Of course the victims families should just have allowed this idiot to spout any old claptrap denying them the existence of their grief, their children, their reality and then making a shed load of money from it.  They should have remained silent in the face of all the hate and death threats they received thanks to Jones' campaign, that's what I would have done OBVIOUSLY.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 09:24:52 AM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #13766 on: August 06, 2022, 09:42:14 AM »

I wish I knew more about The Warsaw Pact.  I've heard of it but I don't know what it means.

Offline jassi

« Reply #13767 on: August 06, 2022, 09:46:57 AM »
Google is your friend  -  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsaw_Pact

Or maybe not -

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #13768 on: August 06, 2022, 09:52:16 AM »
Yes, quite right, absolutely nothing to do with Russia, at all. when a democratic country is invaded by a neighbour it is incumbent on the occupied country to simply roll over and invite the invaders to take over without a fight,
Furthermore, it is essential that all countries adjacent to the occupied country should offer no military or other assistance to their neighbour and must also prepare to surrender their borders should the occupier decide to expand their operation into their territory. 

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #13769 on: August 06, 2022, 09:52:25 AM »
Google is your friend  -  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsaw_Pact

Thank you.  I might have a look at it later.  But I suspect it could be a bit late now.