Author Topic: Search continues at a second site for Ben Needham.  (Read 15767 times)

Offline John

Search continues at a second site for Ben Needham.
« on: October 08, 2016, 12:25:40 AM »
'The worst thing imaginable': Kate McCann says her 'heart goes out' to Ben Needham's mother as Kerry prepares for the worst while police in Kos dig SECOND site

By Tracey Kandohla In Kos For Mail Online

Published: 13:10, 6 October 2016

Kate McCann says her 'heart goes out' to the mum of missing Ben Needham who is bracing herself for her son's body being dug up on a Greek island.

Madeleine's mother endured the same gut wrenching ordeal just two years ago when police in Portugal started digging for the possible remains of her lost daughter. They found nothing.

Today, police in Kos moved to search a new dig site, just a kilometre from where Ben disappeared in 1991.

The area - which has never been searched - was only brought to the attention of lead officer Detective Inspector Jon Cousins in June this year

Second site: Officers started digging up a second site in Kos today after the previously unsearched area was brought to the attention of British police in June.

As Kerry prepares for the 'worst', Kate offered her 'strength and solidarity'.

A close friend of the former GP told MailOnline: 'This brings back dreadful memories for Kate. She went through a similar horrendous experience a few years back when the authorities were digging for Madeleine.

'Not knowing if they are going to unearth the remains of your child as you wait helplessly is the worst thing imaginable. It is galling.

'Kate's says her heart goes out to Kerry Needham at such a traumatic time. She is very sympathetic and wants to offer her strength and solidarity.

'They have met up in the past as fellow mums of high profile missing children and share a seemingly never ending pain and anguish.'

The new search area in Kos is believed to be a dumping ground for rubble taken from the farmhouse where Ben went missing.

Officers believe stone and earth was taken from the farmhouse on the day or day after Ben vanished on July 24, 1991.

Read more...

« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 08:11:08 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Angelo222

Re: Search continues at a second site for Ben Needham.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 10:36:40 AM »
Police walking around with baseball caps instead of safety helmets?  I'd like to see anyone get away with that in Yorkshire. Health and Safety mustn't exist on Kos or is it a case of SYP think they are above all that??

« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 10:41:57 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline mercury

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 12:33:54 AM »
I went to greece a couple years ago, there is no such thing as uk health and safety

I trawled half way up the acropolis and couldnt go on more...too scary, no barriers anywhere, whilst teenagers were on the edge with their arms up high getting photoed lol, im too old

Havng said that i dont think those policemen needed any protective gear

Alfie

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 12:59:11 PM »
According to the Times, after 3 weeks of digging on Kos the police have found nothing significant to confirm that Ben Needham lies buried on the ground of the farm neighbouring his grandparents' one time home.  Will this news be greeted by some with scorn and disgust at the money spent on getting no resolution for the Needhams?  Or will there be a more grown up and sensitive reaction to this than there was from some quarters when the police dug up PdL?

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 06:22:45 AM »
According to the Times, after 3 weeks of digging on Kos the police have found nothing significant to confirm that Ben Needham lies buried on the ground of the farm neighbouring his grandparents' one time home.  Will this news be greeted by some with scorn and disgust at the money spent on getting no resolution for the Needhams?  Or will there be a more grown up and sensitive reaction to this than there was from some quarters when the police dug up PdL?

I am not surprised to be honest. Again the police are acting on information from a friend of a friend, who has passed away and cannot actually confirm one way or the other if it could have been true. 

I feel he is further away from the area just a feeling i have had.  I dont think money has been wasted, i think they should have more and send in the dogs.

Alfie

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 06:14:08 PM »
It seems the place they are searching was littered with ancient human remains, so I don't think the dogs would have been much help really.

Offline mercury

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 10:30:21 PM »

Ive seen no scorn or disgust expressed at an exercise carried out years later with a possibility of closure from a credible lead , all I see is your usual trolling type sentiments embedded within a question

« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 08:10:39 PM by John »