Author Topic: South Yorkshire Police end latest search for Ben Needham.  (Read 57171 times)

Alfie

Re: South Yorkshire Police end latest search for Ben Needham.
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2016, 05:55:48 PM »
UK authorities who failed to carry out this work decades ago.
So, not the Greek authorities then?

Alfie

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2016, 05:58:49 PM »
The little car was lost to the spoil heap by a child, it happens all the time when kids take their small cars outside to play.
If the car belonged to Ben Needham then I'd want to know where is this spoil heap of which you talk, what was Ben doing by it when he dropped the car, and what happened afterwards to cause him to a) disappear and b) for the car to re-surface half a mile away.   Do you think the story of him being killed in an accident and buried (unwittingly or not) by the digger driver is implausible?

Offline mercury

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2016, 09:26:21 PM »
One can't help but think that if only the Met had people from this forum advising them on how to conduct their searches all these missing people cases would have been solved years ago!
Stupid comment

Offline sadie

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2016, 09:56:15 PM »
What really troubles me ... I cant get over the fact that in both The Madeleine case and The Ben case, someone fingered a dead man who used to drive an earth mover.

1.  A dead man ... so no questioning of him
2.  The Dead man was the driver of an earth mover / digger ... so no point in looking, Ben could be hidden in hundreds of places really deeply down.  Mission impossible in effect

Cue to stop the search, too many places to be possible to search. 

If my suspicions could be true, what a clever way to stop the search for a missing child ... and get away with the crime! 

I agree with John (and God forbid, Angelo ... soz Angelo), I have hope that Ben could well be still alive

Offline mercury

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2016, 12:49:57 AM »
The case rests on if he was accidentally killed and buried elsewhere (nearby) by the innocent driver
Or if he was accidentallly killed and not known he was
Either way his body lies nearby which is why i dont understand that no cadaver dogs were sent in ndy cousins seems so assured of ehat happened with NO evidence

Offline John

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2016, 01:28:47 AM »
If the car belonged to Ben Needham then I'd want to know where is this spoil heap of which you talk, what was Ben doing by it when he dropped the car, and what happened afterwards to cause him to a) disappear and b) for the car to re-surface half a mile away.   Do you think the story of him being killed in an accident and buried (unwittingly or not) by the digger driver is implausible?

I think it is plausible but not provable.  There are a thousand and one ways in which that little matchbox toy car got into that tip.  I'm so glad that Ben's sister Leigh-Anna Needham spoke out yesterday morning and set the record straight instead of repeating the crap put out by the cops.   8@??)(

« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 01:31:52 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2016, 01:33:42 AM »
What really troubles me ... I cant get over the fact that in both The Madeleine case and The Ben case, someone fingered a dead man who used to drive an earth mover.

1.  A dead man ... so no questioning of him
2.  The Dead man was the driver of an earth mover / digger ... so no point in looking, Ben could be hidden in hundreds of places really deeply down.  Mission impossible in effect

Cue to stop the search, too many places to be possible to search. 

If my suspicions could be true, what a clever way to stop the search for a missing child ... and get away with the crime! 

I agree with John (and God forbid, Angelo ... soz Angelo), I have hope that Ben could well be still alive

I agree Sadie, this blaming the dead guy has become a favourite pastime in police circles.  A sure fire way of killing off any further investigation.

I find it rather sinister that the VRD's werent broght in as mercury susggests, they would at least have identified human blood and flesh from years back.  Maybe the budget wouldn't stretch that far?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 04:20:34 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Alfie

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2016, 08:44:06 AM »
I agree Sadie, this blaming the dead guy has become a favourite pastime in police circles.  A sure fire way of killing off any further investigation.

I find it rather sinister that the VRD's werent broght in as mercury susggests, they would at least have identified human blood and flesh from years back.  Maybe the budget wouldn't stretch that far?
Sinister?  You seem to be implying some sort of deliberate ploy to keep Ben's remains from being found.  Is it possible that dogs WERE brought in?  Do you know for certain that they were not?  Are there any circumstances when using dogs may have simply not provided any benefits?  There were over a hundred skeletons dug up during these searches apparently without the aid of dogs, had the dogs been they would presumably have been barking non-stop.  Why don't you ask Martin Grime for his opinion about this?  He is after all presumably not bound by judicial secrecy on this case!

Alfie

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2016, 08:48:46 AM »

"Blaming the dead guy".  The police receive intelligence that "the dead guy" was involved, information that only comes out after his death.  What do you suggest they do with this information?  Ignore it because he's dead?  Do you seriously think the police who have invested years of time and money and not i considerable emotional investment  in this case just want to pin it on the nearest dead guy?  Are the police generally that crap and unethical?  Kerry Needham seems to think they have been amazing, who are you to claim they have behaved unprofessionally and neglectfully?

Alfie

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2016, 09:02:20 AM »
It's probably worth repeating:

The Operation Ben team were already following this line of enquiry after going through 25 years of information and witness statements.
The new witness statement just corroborated the info SYP already had and was a targeted search - not a wild goose chase.
The Police and the Hellenic Search and Rescue team have our utmost respect and can't really thank them enough.

From the Official Help Find Ben Needham FB page.

Offline John

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2016, 04:23:44 PM »
"Blaming the dead guy".  The police receive intelligence that "the dead guy" was involved, information that only comes out after his death.  What do you suggest they do with this information?  Ignore it because he's dead?  Do you seriously think the police who have invested years of time and money and not i considerable emotional investment  in this case just want to pin it on the nearest dead guy?  Are the police generally that crap and unethical?  Kerry Needham seems to think they have been amazing, who are you to claim they have behaved unprofessionally and neglectfully?

That is in fact not true, there were rumours of a tragic accident even back 25 years ago.  And yes, police can be that crap and unethical when the need arises.  One must realise that the police are not infallible Alfie.

Offline John

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2016, 04:28:12 PM »
It's probably worth repeating:

The Operation Ben team were already following this line of enquiry after going through 25 years of information and witness statements.
The new witness statement just corroborated the info SYP already had and was a targeted search - not a wild goose chase.
The Police and the Hellenic Search and Rescue team have our utmost respect and can't really thank them enough.

From the Official Help Find Ben Needham FB page.

Just to repeat, the information provided amounted to nothing more than a suspicion. Constantinos Barkas has always denied involvement in any accident involving Ben Needham.

http://www.itv.com/goodmorningbritain/news/ben-needhams-sister-leigh-anna-we-arent-completely-sure-the-car-is-his
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 03:19:00 PM by John »

Alfie

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2016, 05:01:10 PM »
That is in fact not true, there were rumours of a tragic accident even back 25 years ago.  And yes, police can be that crap and unethical when the need arises.  One must realise that the police are not infallible Alfie.
What is in fact not true and what need has arisen?

Offline John

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2016, 05:20:39 PM »
What is in fact not true and what need has arisen?

This bit

The police receive intelligence that "the dead guy" was involved, information that only comes out after his death.

Alfie

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2016, 06:34:23 PM »
This bit
OK, splitting hairs - ADDITIONAL information then.  I'm surprised you're so resistant to the possibility that Ben met his fate in this way, when you're fairly adamant something similar happened to Madeleine.  A little boy with a fascination for diggers (like most little boys) is left unattended outside, near where diggers are operating and goes missing.  Nothing is seen of him again, but there are rumours and finally a witness comes forward with more specific information and after an extensive search of an area where one of the digger operators was known to have deposited spoil from the site near the child's home a child's toy car is found, one that his family are 90% certain is Ben's.  The police can't say what definitely happened but based on the available evidence they have strong grounds to believe that Ben was killed in an accident and his body buried (unwittingly on not, they don't know).  Which bit of this do you find unlikely / unbelievable?   If it didn't happen this way, what evidence do you have pointing to any alternative scenario?  How much more searching do you think the police should undertake and what and where exactly should they be searching?