Disappeared and Abducted Children and Young Adults > The Disappearance of Ben Needham from the village of Iraklise on the Greek island of Kos on 24 July 1991.

Still no definitive answers in the Ben Needham disappearance.

(1/8) > >>

G-Unit:
Poor Kerry Needham on Loose Women. She still can't really accept that he's dead without proof. The items found by SYP are being examined by a lab in America, apparently to see if Ben's DNA is on them. She still breaks down 26 years after her son disappeared. On this occasion it was the fact that her Mum still feels guilty because she was in charge of him at the time.

Asked about the further funding granted to the investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance she seemed perplexed. Other families with missing children must feel the same in my opinion. It perplexes me too. Why spend enormous sums of money on one case, rather than sharing it out more equally?  I think OG and the Home Office must either come up with a solution to the case or an explanation for the difference in treatment.

Brietta:

--- Quote from: G-Unit on March 28, 2018, 01:39:12 PM ---Poor Kerry Needham on Loose Women. She still can't really accept that he's dead without proof. The items found by SYP are being examined by a lab in America, apparently to see if Ben's DNA is on them. She still breaks down 26 years after her son disappeared. On this occasion it was the fact that her Mum still feels guilty because she was in charge of him at the time.

Asked about the further funding granted to the investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance she seemed perplexed. Other families with missing children must feel the same in my opinion. It perplexes me too. Why spend enormous sums of money on one case, rather than sharing it out more equally?  I think OG and the Home Office must either come up with a solution to the case or an explanation for the difference in treatment.

--- End quote ---

Please provide a list of the missing children cases whose lack of investigation perplexes you.

Venturi Swirl:

--- Quote from: G-Unit on March 28, 2018, 01:39:12 PM ---Poor Kerry Needham on Loose Women. She still can't really accept that he's dead without proof. The items found by SYP are being examined by a lab in America, apparently to see if Ben's DNA is on them. She still breaks down 26 years after her son disappeared. On this occasion it was the fact that her Mum still feels guilty because she was in charge of him at the time.

--- End quote ---
Perhaps the difference is that the police have concluded that poor Ben's body lies under a heap of building rubble, having been killed in an accident by a man long dead and that therefore (unlike in the McCann case) there is no possible abductor on the loose and no likelihood of a live child ever being recovered.

Mr Gray:

--- Quote from: Brietta on March 28, 2018, 02:01:03 PM ---Please provide a list of the missing children cases whose lack of investigation perplexes you.

--- End quote ---

I too would be interested in these thousands of cases.... Are there cases that are not being investigated... I don't think so... Grange is continuing because there is still an investigative opportunity

Venturi Swirl:

--- End quote ---
I'm perplexed by the idea of "sharing it all out equally".  All missing children cases are different, who's to say what the correct amount is to spend per case, and why all cases should have an equal amount of money spent on them?  Should a missing 15 year old last seen getting on a train to London have the same amount of money spent on looking for him than a 3 year old last seen asleep in a bed in a foreign country?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version