Author Topic: Irish teen Nóra Quoirin (15) disappears while on holiday in Malaysia.  (Read 60092 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Irish teen Nóra Quoirin (15) disappears while on holiday in Malaysia.
« Reply #390 on: January 13, 2020, 01:17:59 PM »
The latest news today is that Nora's parents will ask the govt to intervene so that an inquest is held.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #391 on: January 13, 2020, 01:44:32 PM »

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/nora-quoirin-inquest-malaysia-government-call-a4332651.html

They'll never accept that she wandered out & got lost.

Much more likely that someone entered the apartment & invited her out for a stroll around the jungle, before giving her a stomach ulcer, stealing her clothes & leaving her sleeping on the ground some 2 miles away.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #392 on: January 13, 2020, 01:48:28 PM »
Which government? UK, Irish or French? The cause of death is known, so what would an inquest add?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #393 on: January 13, 2020, 01:51:23 PM »
Which government? UK, Irish or French? The cause of death is known, so what would an inquest add?

Why such an unsympathetic post to a bereaved parent

Offline jassi

« Reply #394 on: January 13, 2020, 01:56:45 PM »
I'm surprised that there isn't an inquest, but perhaps it isn't mandatory in Malaysian law.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #395 on: January 13, 2020, 01:57:34 PM »
Nóra Quoirin death: Parents ask for UK help in inquest call

The parents of a teenager found dead while on holiday in Malaysia have called for the UK government's support in their appeal for an inquest.

Nóra Quoirin, 15, whose mother is from Belfast, disappeared from her room at the Dusun resort on 4 August last year.

Her body was found 10 days later about 1.6 miles (2.5km) away.

The Malaysian Attorney General's Chambers has classified the case as "no further action", according to the Lucie Blackman Trust.

This means no inquest into her death will be held.

Her French-Irish parents, Meabh and Sebastien, have called for "an audible consistent call" from the Irish, French and UK governments to help them get to the truth of what happened to their daughter.

They said they had been promised "total transparency" by the Malaysian authorities but had received the "complete opposite".

Speaking on Radio 5 Live on Monday, her mother, Meabh, said: "Our respective governments in France and Ireland have given us their commitment to continue to support our request.

"We would really like to call on the British authorities to lend their support to those calls for transparency and for an inquest, so that justice can be done, so that the truth can be obtained.

"We have to get up and fight every day to get answers from Malaysia which feels so unbelievably unfair," Mrs Quoirin said.

"We are absolutely shocked at how they have chosen to conduct themselves.

Mrs Quoirin said the family had discovered through the Malaysian press that the results of a post mortem examination into her daughter's death would be released soon.

According to an earlier report, Nóra died from internal bleeding, probably caused by hunger and stress.

Nóra was born with holoprosencephaly, a disorder which affects brain development. She had learning difficulties and a physical disability which made her vulnerable.

Her mother said a post mortem examination could only explain medically what happened to Nóra; it would not explain how she could have got to where she was found.

"We know this isn't straightforward. There aren't obvious criminal angles to pursue," she said.

"Some of that is down to not looking for evidence fast enough and not carrying out forensic checks immediately upon us raising the alarm.

"The case is complex, it won't be easy to get answers, that doesn't mean we shouldn't try."

Mrs Quoirin said she and her husband fundamentally believed that their daughter had been abducted.

"She is too vulnerable a child to have gone off anywhere by herself. She was not physically or mentally capable of doing that.

"We know that how she was found is incompatible with someone being alone and exposed in a jungle with no footwear or clothes for as long as she was.

"We absolutely believe that someone took her and we want to know how that happened."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-51089818

Offline jassi

« Reply #396 on: January 13, 2020, 02:09:51 PM »
Not sure the parents would be satisfied by an inquest unless its findings were in line with there opinion.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #397 on: January 13, 2020, 02:13:02 PM »
I'm surprised that there isn't an inquest, but perhaps it isn't mandatory in Malaysian law.

An inquest is held in England and Wales to answer four questions;

Identity of the deceased
Place of death
Time of death
How the deceased came by their death

it is not the purpose of the inquest to determine, or appear to determine, criminal or civil liability, to apportion guilt or attribute blame.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquests_in_England_and_Wales#Where_an_inquest_is_needed

If Malasia is similar, then the answers to those four questions have been answered imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #398 on: January 13, 2020, 02:18:24 PM »

INQUIRIES OF DEATHS

A. Introduction

1. In Malaysia, an inquiry of death is carried out when there is
reason to suspect that a person has died in the following manner:

• sudden;

• unnatural;

• by violence; or

• cause of death unknown and in situations where the law
requires an inquiry.

http://www.agc.gov.my/agcportal/uploads/files/coporate/Research_Div/Death%20Inquiries270709.pdf

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #399 on: January 13, 2020, 02:19:04 PM »
An inquest is held in England and Wales to answer four questions;

Identity of the deceased
Place of death
Time of death
How the deceased came by their death

it is not the purpose of the inquest to determine, or appear to determine, criminal or civil liability, to apportion guilt or attribute blame.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquests_in_England_and_Wales#Where_an_inquest_is_needed

If Malasia is similar, then the answers to those four questions have been answered imo.

The fourth..
How the deceased came by their death may not have been answered... That's what an inquest would look at.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #400 on: January 13, 2020, 02:21:01 PM »

What is the objective of the inquiry?

Inquiries of deaths are held to:

• identify the dead body i.e. who the deceased was;

• to ascertain the date and time of death;

• the place where the death had occurred;

• how the death was caused;

• after what manner the deceased came by his/her death;

• the person/s who caused or carried out the act or blunder
that resulted in the death, if any; and

• inquire whether any person is criminally concerned in the
cause of such death.

http://www.agc.gov.my/agcportal/uploads/files/coporate/Research_Div/Death%20Inquiries270709.pdf

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #401 on: January 29, 2020, 06:11:57 PM »

'VOICE TO VOICELESS' General Election candidate defends asking if special needs children should be ‘micro-chipped’ after Nora Quoirin death

INDEPENDENT Cllr Sharon Keogan has defended asking if disabled children should be micro-chipped after the death of Nora Quoirin.

Nora, 15, was found dead following an intense and high-profile ten-day search around the Malaysian jungle resort of Dusun in August after she vanished from the house where she and her family were staying.

The young teen suffered from learning difficulties.

Following her death, Ms Keogan who is a candidate for the forthcoming General Election posted on Facebook with a picture of Nora enquiring whether children with special needs should be micro-chipped.

Two posts have appeared on social media - however the election candidate has claimed that one has been edited.

The post said: "This was a tragic end for this family but should children with special needs who have poor ability to communicate be micro-chipped with GPS? Please discuss!"

She then added: "This has been asked of me by a parent of a Teenager with no verbal skills! What do you think?"

'HE WAS DISTRAUGHT'
Speaking on the Micheal Reade Show on LMFM this morning, Ms Keogan was asked by listeners as to why she wanted to discuss the matter.

In response she said: "I was approached by a father who has a son just turning to be out of his teens to a young adult.

"Following the incident of what happened to Nora he was distraught, he wanted to find ways of how he could protect his son.

'FRIEND ASKED ME TO DISCUSS'
"I would have known this man and this boy from a very young age and I would have been part of supporting the family for getting services for the young man and he just put himself in the shoes of Nora's parents and he was distraught because his son would have gone missing on a number of occasions.

"He basically asked me if I would discuss the issue in relation to GPS and some sort of GPS system - that if this child did ever happen to be on vacation and did go missing that he would be able to find that child.

"He asked me to discuss it and maybe open a conversation on it.

'IT WAS RESPECTFUL'
"I have always been a voice for those who are voiceless and I did that and you can see some of the comments on it, it was respectful.

"I didn't make any comment on it whatsoever, I didn't agree with it or disagree with it because I am not going to make judgement on it for any parent who has a child who is non-verbal.

"I admire those parents with children with abilities and disabilities. I've great admiration for them.

"At the end of the day we have to walk in their shoes to understand the struggles of their daily life that they have in coping with and dealing with very special children.

GPS SYSTEMS
"He wanted me to open the dialogue. There are a number of GPS systems out there for children who are non-verbal.

"Parents actually would have become knowledgeable about them because of the post.

"Another woman contacted me where her mother had dementia and her mother kept walking out in the middle of the night and she also got information from the post as well.

The Meath Cllr was then asked "Do you believe micro-chipping people with a GPS warrants consideration?"

'NO IDEA OF STRUGGLE'
She then said: "No, I do not believe that. They are your words Micheal."

She was then asked: "Do you believe it does not warrant consideration?"

To which she said: "I believe it is up to the individual person - how they choose a system.

"I don't have a child with special needs. I have no idea of the struggles they face every single day."

'DISCUSSION THAT WARRANTS CONSIDERATION'
Ms Keogan was then further quizzed by Micheal Reade as he said: "When I think you ask the public to discuss something under your name as a public representative, you're starting a discussion that warrants consideration."

She continued: "Is that not what I'm meant to do? Am I not supposed to give a voice to the voiceless?

"I think anything that makes our children safer warrants consideration."

PARENTS UPSET

Reade then continued to explain how her post caused some parents of disabled children to be upset.

He said: "Do you believe it was appropriate?

"I think this girl's family, friends, anyone that knew her might have found that difficult to look at because it implies that if Nora Quoiron had of been micro-chipped with GPS she might be alive."

'VOICE FOR THE VOICELESS'
The Independent Cllr replied: "Maybe that's how the parent who reached out to me took it. That's exactly why he contacted me.

"I can't help if I've upset people. I'm a voice for the voiceless.

"I haven't upset any parents have I?"

'I'M SORRY'
"They're taking that post there [the second post] and not this post here. Take the post that was originally posted.

"I would never ever set out to upset any human being in my life. If I cannot help someone in life I would certainly not go out to upset them.

"I have basically used my position to verbalise a distraught father who wanted the issue discussed in a public forum and used me as a vessel to do that.

"I'm sorry if that has upset people but it certainly wasn't my intention to do that."

NEW FB POST
In a new post on Facebook today, Cllr Keoghan wrote: "In August 2019, a father of a child with special needs who is non verbal, contacted me to ask if I would post a topic for discussion on my facebook page.

"He was distraught following the disappearance of Nora Quoirin, as his child goes missing regularly.

"He asked if I would open a dialogue to a wider audience in light of what had happened to Nora.

"He asked if I would post the following question on my page "should children with special needs who have poor ability to communicate be microchipped with GPS?"

'EDITED VERSION'
"Unfortunately, this week an edited version of the post from 6 months ago emerged and was shared on social media. The post was taken out of context.

"I understand this is a very sensitive subject and I am sorry if the post has caused offence.

"My intention was to support a member of the community who asked for my help.

"I have supported this family and their child since he was 3 years of age. I would never do anything to intentionally offend.

"Anyone who knows me and my work knows that I work hard for the community and will always give a voice to people who ask me to."

https://www.thesun.ie/news/5040249/independent-sharon-keogan-slammed-disabled-children-microchipped/

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #402 on: January 29, 2020, 06:17:56 PM »
Have you got an alert set up Spam so that you are instantly notified of any old dribble reported in the press about this case?  Or are you just a regular Sun reader?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #403 on: January 29, 2020, 06:18:31 PM »
A GPS bracelet, belt or necklace doesn't sound like a terrible idea to me.
Although the obvious problem is that this can be easily removed.

I have a relative who has severe dementia, she recently wandered off but thankfully was found by a relative.
The level of her disability is such that she probably wouldn't have been able to communicate her name or address had she been found by a stranger.

But I'm not sure I could approve of a mark on the forehead & right hand.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #404 on: January 29, 2020, 06:20:13 PM »
Why not just put a gps tracker on everyone at birth and be done with it.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly