Author Topic: Meghan and Harry's Interview With Oprah Winfrey  (Read 2453 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Meghan and Harry's Interview With Oprah Winfrey
« on: March 10, 2021, 09:53:38 PM »
I’m with Meghan’s father, Thomas Markle, and Piers Morgan on this one.  I don’t see how commenting on the possible skin colour of a mixed raced unborn child is in any way racist?  How often do you hear people say ‘oh he/she has his/her father’s/mother’s eyes/nose/chin/hair colour etc?  Or ‘I wonder if he/she will take after his/her father and have red hair’?   Perfectly normal and just people in wonderment about biology.

The couple come over as privileged with a massive sense of entitlement.  They claim to be pro-social and yet with all the problems in the world it seems to be all about them! 

Prince Harry seems to have forgotten how disrespectful his Nazi wearing fancy dress costume was to victims of the holocaust. 

I seem to recall the tabloids also had it in for the Middletons during the early days of William’s relationship with Kate eg wisteria sisters reference to Kate and Pippa 'social climbing' and ‘doors to manual’ with reference to Carole Middleton’s former career as an air hostess.

As US TV presenter Megyn Kelly said, if you’re in the public eye tabloid rubbish comes with the turf and Megan needs to wear her big girl pants! 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Meghan and Harry's Interview With Oprah Winfrey
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 10:14:20 PM »
I’d be very delighted if I never heard the words “Meghan and Harry” ever again.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 10:14:26 PM »
Tis a difficult one as no one knows in what context it was said or by whom, but I very much doubt that it was Racist.
Besides that, so much of this Wretched Interview is off mark and actually not true.  Also these two have got their perceptions totally screwed.

"Full of sound and fury signifying nothing."

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 10:21:31 PM »

The poor multi millionaire princess was depressed what with being enormously rich & trapped inside a huge mansion.

It's such a shame she had no ability or funding to access private mental healthcare.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 10:25:43 PM »
The poor multi millionaire princess was depressed what with being enormously rich & trapped inside a huge mansion.

It's such a shame she had no ability or funding to access private mental healthcare.

Absolutely.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 10:26:58 PM »
.....and Piers Morgan was absolutely right, whilst Harry's 99 year old grandfather lay seriously ill in hospital, he chose to go on international TV & let his wife slag off the family for 2 hours.

(As it happens an additional 2 hours of footage was left on the cutting room floor. Meaning these privileged, want for nothing celebrities spent 4 whole hours tearing chunks out of their family & claiming to be oppressed, for a fee.)
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 10:28:42 PM »
Tis a difficult one as no one knows in what context it was said or by whom, but I very much doubt that it was Racist.
Besides that, so much of this Wretched Interview is off mark and actually not true.  Also these two have got their perceptions totally screwed.

"Full of sound and fury signifying nothing."
My daughter recently dated a black man and we had a light-hearted conversation about what her baby would look like (were she to have had one).  I guess I should out myself so that I can be publicly cancelled for initiating the “racist” conversation.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 10:41:39 PM »
Perfectly summed up by a Times reader

“But in this day and age, an accusation of racism is an incredibly serious charge, which can be ruinous to someone's career, relationships, and inclusion in polite society.  Yet it is an accusation bandied about easily, without care for consequences.  It is astonishing that - to my knowledge - the courts have not yet addressed the defamatory implications of such a claim.
If someone wishes to level an allegation of racism, they must be precise in the facts of their claim, state more than just a subjective feeling, and provide credible reasons why they are sure that an action/comment was made with racist intent.  Otherwise, one risks doing incredible damage to another person for what might have been a simple misunderstanding.  We must stop putting subjective feelings on a pedestal, and demand both sides of the story and the broader context.
In the case of Meghan Markle, she says that she was not a witness of the comments.  She relies on Prince Harry's testimony.  Moreover, the timing of both of their accounts seems to clash.  However, most importantly, we do not know if what the unnamed member of the Royal Family said was benign/naive (speculating on the appearance of children is common in mixed race families) or malicious.
Yet by putting out a vague accusation against an unnamed member, with little details on the context or content of comments, Harry and Meghan have publicised an unanswerable charge.  And from a unilateral yet shrouded assertion lacking in detail, many commentators and politicians rush forward to denounce problems of racism within the British monarchy, press and society.  This will not do.  The charge of racism is extremely serious, and should not be bandied about lightly.  We must question and scrutinise subjective feelings, we must demand evidence, we must ask for names, and we must require credibility.  Otherwise, we are left with a Kafkaesque world where vague charges and sentiments trump evidence and procedure”.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2021, 08:12:09 AM »

Watch it.  Your Free Speech is going down the pan.

Offline jassi

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2021, 09:20:06 AM »
I was surprised that at the time Harry said that this happened, he even knew what racism was. I thought his 'education' came later.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2021, 05:26:44 PM »
I have very little time for Meghan and Harry, and I didn't even bother to watch the interview-------but, I can understand Meghan construing that remark as possibly racist, even if that wasn't meant.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2021, 05:30:33 PM »
I have very little time for Meghan and Harry, and I didn't even bother to watch the interview-------but, I can understand Meghan construing that remark as possibly racist, even if that wasn't meant.
The remark (whatever it may have been) was a gift for anyone who wanted to play the race / victim card, a card which Ms Markle is playing very shrewdly indeed IMO.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2021, 05:33:16 PM »
The remark (whatever it may have been) was a gift for anyone who wanted to play the race / victim card, a card which Ms Markle is playing very shrewdly indeed IMO.

Unfortunately Meghan and Harry didn't agree on when it was supposedly said.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2021, 10:06:36 PM »

Yes, I agree with that too.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2021, 02:36:20 PM »
I totally agree with Piers.....much of what she has said can be shown to be false. She was on 300,000 per year in Suits and now they are reputed to be worth 100 million. harry doesnt seem happy and I think she will tire of him.....once shes made her fortune.