Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1229 times)

Redblossom

Hello
« on: April 10, 2013, 06:30:34 PM »
I am new here. I am the archetypal housewife with a few hours on her hands to read and sleuth. I like crime novels, crime fictional series on TV and factual documentaries.

I like keeping up to date with major high profile cases. They are so interesting on so many levels.
I want to know if S Dewani had his wife killed, if Mark Bridger killed April Jones, if Oscar Pretorius knew it was his girlfriend in the toilet. I used to follow the Maddie Mccann case until recently but that seemed to peter out into nothingness, and a bunch of useless sightings all the time, another cold case it seems, never to be solved until someone finds some strong new evidence either way, the Portuguese courts said the type of crime was unknown therefore not ruling in an abduction or ruling out foul play, which kind of left it all in the air sadly.

I watched a documentary about Jeremy Bamber and was convinced by it that there were flaws in the investigation.
I never saw a motive for him to kill all those people either.

I have also followed the missing baby case in Kansas, Lisa Irwin. Not sure if that one is on here.

Lastly the Amanda Knox case. I never actually followed it at the time, but have my reservations about that woman.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 06:56:53 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Myster

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 08:15:38 PM »
I am new here. I am the archetypal housewife with a few hours on her hands to read and sleuth. I like crime novels, crime fictional series on TV and factual documentaries.

I like keeping up to date with major high profile cases. They are so interesting on so many levels.
I want to know if S Dewani had his wife killed, if Mark Bridger killed April Jones, if Oscar Pretorius knew it was his girlfriend in the toilet. I used to follow the Maddie Mccann case until recently but that seemed to peter out into nothingness, and a bunch of useless sightings all the time, another cold case it seems, never to be solved until someone finds some strong new evidence either way, the Portuguese courts said the type of crime was unknown therefore not ruling in an abduction or ruling out foul play, which kind of left it all in the air sadly.

I watched a documentary about Jeremy Bamber and was convinced by it that there were flaws in the investigation.
I never saw a motive for him to kill all those people either.

I have also followed the missing baby case in Kansas, Lisa Irwin. Not sure if that one is on here.

Lastly the Amanda Knox case. I never actually followed it at the time, but have my reservations about that woman.

Hello Redblossom... welcome to the Forum.

Most of the members here until the recent influx of pro/anti McCann posters were followers of the Bamber case, but since his latest failed appeal interest in it has waned somewhat.
In his case the motive was simply greed, as in others where parents are murdered for money, such the recent one by Stephen Seddon to which you'll find links on here, if your not familiar with it... or by Brian Blackwell sentenced to life in 2005.

Jeremy Bamber had to ensure that all the closest relatives were eliminated so that he would inherit everything, and planned it for when they would be gathered together at WHF.

I take it the documentary you saw was the ITV Mark Williams-Thomas/Simon McKay one in 2012, whose findings were recently rejected by the CCRC and subsequent Judicial Review.

If you find the McCann thread too hectic, why not have a look at the ongoing 'live' trial of Jodi Arias in Arizona on youtube or other live update channels, as Tim pointed out yesterday... a fascinating real courtroom drama.
There are only three women in Arizona on Death Row with no dates fixed for execution, and the sole woman executed there was way back in 1930. They're all locked up 23 hours out of 24 with only an hour for exercise. It's enough to drive anybody crackers... I think I'd rather commit suicide than have to endure that.

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Redblossom

Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 07:03:31 PM »
Thanks Myster for your welcome.

The documentary I saw on JB was not with MWT, who in their right mind would take that man seriously. I think it was the Crime and Investigation Network's Crimes That Shook Britain but I cannot be sure as it was a few years ago. It is on Youtube so I may have a rewatch. I must admit I never followed the case at the time but will have a lot of reading to do here. I thought there was mileage in the sister's involvement.

I have had a quick glance on some of the Maddie threads on here and feel sad that they are not much better than some cage fighting reality show, I will give them a miss for now, despite my having a good head of knowledge there. It is too personal, aggressive, biased, hijacked and not a very nice atmosphere there.

Regarding Jodi Arias, I came across this case a couple of weeks ago and watched some of the trial. What I think is probably,no, definitely, unprintable, so thank you for directing me there, I will have a good browse before posting. Sorry for rambling away, I just wanted to reply to you.