Author Topic: Baby boy missing on the island of Madeira found safe and well.  (Read 39907 times)

AnneGuedes

Re: Baby boy missing on the island of Madeira found safe and well.
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2014, 05:36:37 PM »
I am trying to read, Anne.

I've read that he was found at either 3 am, 4 am, or at 8.30 am. That the searches stopped on Monday, that they didn't....
There's also before 8am ... I haven't seen 3am.  The searches stopped on Monday afternoon. I think the police understood that the story wasn't well told.. But volunteers went on searching.

Offline Carana

« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2014, 05:50:25 PM »
There's also before 8am ... I haven't seen 3am.  The searches stopped on Monday afternoon. I think the police understood that the story wasn't well told.. But volunteers went on searching.

Anne, I think that the expression of "a story not well told" would translate as "the story was fishy".

But there was still a baby boy who hadn't been found - dead or alive, in cold weather. Why did the official search stop (if the reports are correct)? Why did the searches stop during the night? Didn't they have torches? The PJ could have ordered the search to continue while interrogating the family; one avenue of enquiry doesn't exclude the other, surely?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2014, 05:59:50 PM »
Anne, I think that the expression of "a story not well told" would translate as "the story was fishy".

But there was still a baby boy who hadn't been found - dead or alive, in cold weather. Why did the official search stop (if the reports are correct)? Why did the searches stop during the night? Didn't they have torches? The PJ could have ordered the search to continue while interrogating the family; one avenue of enquiry doesn't exclude the other, surely?
Mikaeel could hardly be thought walking miles on his own, but he had his boots and hood on and it wasn't impossible.
But this 18 months had just started to walk, the ground is steep and wild, they looked in holes and drains and pools in a 2 km circle, they searched during the night and then decided it was vain. With a certain reason. Why not look on the other side of the island ?
Let's wait and see who put that baby near a frequented path..
They said his nappies were dirty. How much dirty I wonder.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 06:01:26 PM by AnneGuedes »

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2014, 07:17:42 PM »
Mikaeel could hardly be thought walking miles on his own, but he had his boots and hood on and it wasn't impossible.
But this 18 months had just started to walk, the ground is steep and wild, they looked in holes and drains and pools in a 2 km circle, they searched during the night and then decided it was vain. With a certain reason. Why not look on the other side of the island ?
Let's wait and see who put that baby near a frequented path..
They said his nappies were dirty. How much dirty I wonder.

!

Thank goodness this little boy has been found.

Perhaps it suggests that there is indeed such a thing as abductors handing children back.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2014, 08:15:17 PM »
!

Thank goodness this little boy has been found.

Perhaps it suggests that there is indeed such a thing as abductors handing children back.
A screaming without stopping baby ?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2014, 08:17:46 PM »
I've read that in the North of Portugal, some 12 years ago, a 2 years old boy had walked for 7 km, rain and chilly, in the country side, without shoes.
He left after lunch and was found in the middle of the night.
But he wasn't alone, he was with his dog.

Lyall

« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2014, 08:24:54 PM »
I've read that in the North of Portugal, some 12 years ago, a 2 years old boy had walked for 7 km, rain and chilly, in the country side, without shoes.
He left after lunch and was found in the middle of the night.
But he wasn't alone, he was with his dog.

Was it sponsored? Seems a waste otherwise 8)-)))

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2014, 08:29:11 PM »
A screaming without stopping baby ?

Presumably an abductor would have factored that in at the start...

AnneGuedes

« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2014, 08:35:42 PM »
I had never heard of it.

The case of little Daniel brought the memory of the inhabitants of Ventozelo in Tras-os-Montes, the anguish experienced 13 years ago with the disappearance of a two year old boy found miles from home.

www.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dnoticias.pt%2Factualidade%2Fmadeira%2F427148-caso-de-daniel-trouxe-a-memoria-outro-desaparecimento-em-tras-os-montes
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 09:41:24 AM by John »

AnneGuedes

« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2014, 08:37:21 PM »
Presumably an abductor would have factored that in at the start...
His disappearance was very silent..

drummer

« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2014, 08:41:50 PM »
Thank goodness the baby has been found.

I find it strange that people who slate the McCann's for leaving their children unattended do not mention how terrible it is that the Portuguese police called off their search during the evening whilst this poor baby was missing. How could any police force find it acceptable to call off the search knowing that an 18 month old child could be out there on his own.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2014, 09:51:25 PM »
I am so so happy to hear that news!

Thanks god! And thanks universe!

Finally some good news!

Re him walking a long distance, my little niece went missing on a beach, she was 2 and she walked to the third beach around, some 500 meters.. the beaches were full of people and nobody noticed it.. police was called but luckily someone brought her back :)

So a child is able to walk for a long distance.

But 3 km is a bit too long!

When I was little a little boy went missing in my grandma's region, he 3 years old, the search went on for 4 days and they found him dead and frozen on a mountain, around 30 km away.. how he got there nobody knew.  8)><(

That story really changed my life.. The boy was having an afternoon nap with his mum, mum was tired and she did not notice him sneaking out of the bed. He went  out and met his little girl friend and they decided to to go to his grandad's but they got lost, the girl was found alive one km away but the search for boy was for days.. it was so much rain and so cold, people were exhausted but they never stopped searching until they found him. :(

AnneGuedes

« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2014, 09:58:24 PM »
This toddler was one year and a half. Big difference.

AnneGuedes

« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:12:16 AM by John »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2014, 10:26:42 PM »
This toddler was one year and a half. Big difference.

I agree with you..One and a half can merely walk..