Author Topic: Baby boy missing on the island of Madeira found safe and well.  (Read 39389 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Carana

Re: Baby boy missing on the island of Madeira found safe and well.
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2014, 11:49:07 AM »
This would suggest that he had not been outside since his disappearance, but had been placed there shortly before he was discovered.

(Sorry, I can't get Google to translate for some reason.)
One article interviewed some forest rangers who'd been in the area looking for him and reckon he'd been placed there after they'd passed, but they don't say which day they'd passed. If the little one had fallen asleep, they could have missed him.
http://www.publico.pt/sociedade/noticia/autoridades-convictas-de-que-a-crianca-foi-colocada-no-local-onde-apareceu-1620722

But, according to this article, he's being kept in hospital for a bit longer as he has muscle pains which the doctor reckons is due to exposure to the cold.
http://www.publico.pt/sociedade/noticia/autoridades-convictas-de-que-a-crianca-foi-colocada-no-local-onde-apareceu-1620722

Google translation of the above (the first one wouldn't work).

Baby missing in Madeira will continue hospitalized
inShare

January 23, 2014
A child of 18 months who had been missing for three days in Calheta, Madeira Island , will remain hospitalized at the Hospital of Funchal , because the analyzes carried out revealed " muscle pain," said the responsibility for the Regional Health Service

" The child will not have high today because there have been analytical changes that reveal some degree of muscle pain which we presume to be related to exposure to cold ," said Miguel Ferreira Lusa .

The doctor said that the boy " will be interned in Pediatrics at least until tomorrow [ Friday ] , because this needs to be reviewed and monitored ."

On Friday the analyzes again be repeated and if the situation " has evolved favorably , then you may have high " , yet that day or Saturday, he added .

The child disappeared on Sunday when it was a family gathering at his uncle's house , the site of the Kings Over in the upper part of the municipality of Calheta.

The child was found three days later , on the morning of Wednesday, by a levadeiro ( professional responsible for the distribution of irrigation water in Madeira) between 07:00 and 08:00 , one taken near the house where it disappeared .

The baby was transported to the Hospital of Funchal , after being seen in the health center of Calheta , with the medical team informed that he was " clinically well " .

" On the arrival [ in emergencies ] , the child was conscious, lucid , slightly cold , but had no visible lesions of mistreatment ," then told José Luis Nunes , director of paediatrics and Neonatology Hospital in Conference media .

Pediatricians found , on occasion , " puzzling " that the child has survived alone for so exposed to cold weather .

However , the coordinator of the Judicial Police in Madeira , Eduardo Nunes admitted Lusa that the last steps " could suggest " stand up " before a crime of rape* ."

The official stressed that " remain open all possibilities " , ensuring that " PJ will continue to investigate " until the case is resolved.

Lusa / SOL

* that should read kidnapping, not rape.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 12:15:02 PM by Carana »

Offline Carana

Re: Baby boy missing on the island of Madeira found safe and well.
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2014, 12:01:04 PM »
PJ admite crime de rapto no caso criança desaparecida durante três dias
22 | 01 | 2014   15.26H

O coordenador da Policia Judiciária na Madeira disse à Lusa que as últimas diligências efetuadas podem levar a pensar que se esteve perante um crime de rapto no caso do menino que esteve desaparecido durante três dias na Calheta.

"As últimas diligências, os últimos acontecimentos podem levar a pensar que estamos perante um crime de rapto", afirmou o responsável policial na região.

Eduardo Nunes acrescentou que "continuam em aberto todas as possibilidades. A PJ vai continuar a investigar enquanto não estiver resolvido este caso".
http://www.destak.pt/artigo/184991-pj-admite-crime-de-rapto-no-caso-crianca-desaparecida-durante-tres-dias

Google

PJ admits kidnapping in missing child case for three days
22 | 01 | 2014 15.26H

The coordinator of the Judicial Police in Wood told Lusa that the latest steps taken can lead to think that it was facing a kidnapping in the case of the boy who was missing for three days in Calheta.

"The latest steps, recent events may lead to think that this is a kidnapping," said the investigating officer in the region.

Eduardo Nunes added that "remain open all possibilities. PJ will continue to investigate until it is solved this case."


Offline jassi

Re: Baby boy missing on the island of Madeira found safe and well.
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2014, 12:03:59 PM »
I suppose that if wandering off is excluded, that only leaves kidnap.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Luz

Re: Baby boy missing on the island of Madeira found safe and well.
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2014, 12:05:56 PM »
So the parents dropped him off half way up a Levada and hoped he would drown or die from some other means?

Do you ever read what you write?  Or are you just obsessed with parents killing their children?

You are demented?

I reproduced what the  PJ coordinator stated in the news, that they were investigating the close family, friends and neighbours that were with the child when he disappeared.

If you read my posts you'd noticed I said that whoever took the child made sure nothing bad happened to him, according to what the authorities released.

Unlike the McCann, these parents didn't attempt to obstruct the finding of their son. They co-operated with the police and the result was a happy one.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 12:11:37 PM by Luz »

Offline Eleanor

Re: Baby boy missing on the island of Madeira found safe and well.
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2014, 12:17:17 PM »

"Made sure nothing bad would happen to him?"  Yards from a water channel?  Suffering from hypothermia and dehydration?  What are you on?

Offline Carana

Re: Baby boy missing on the island of Madeira found safe and well.
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2014, 12:19:21 PM »
According to the doctor there were no visible signs of having been mistreated.
However, a body temperature of 35C and being kept in hospital for muscle pain presumed to be due to exposure to the cold doesn't sound like whoever dumped him near a canal necessarily had his well-being at heart.

And in 5C, rainy weather.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 12:31:33 PM by Carana »

Offline Carana

Re: Baby boy missing on the island of Madeira found safe and well.
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2014, 12:34:24 PM »
You are demented?

I reproduced what the  PJ coordinator stated in the news, that they were investigating the close family, friends and neighbours that were with the child when he disappeared.

If you read my posts you'd noticed I said that whoever took the child made sure nothing bad happened to him, according to what the authorities released.

Unlike the McCann, these parents didn't attempt to obstruct the finding of their son. They co-operated with the police and the result was a happy one.

That happy result seems to be more in spite of the PJ than thanks to them, seeing as they called the search off.

Offline Luz

Re: Baby boy missing on the island of Madeira found safe and well.
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2014, 12:50:25 PM »
That happy result seems to be more in spite of the PJ than thanks to them, seeing as they called the search off.


You are a lost case.  ?>)()<

Offline Carana

Re: Baby boy missing on the island of Madeira found safe and well.
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2014, 01:04:46 PM »
Protecção Civil rejeita responsabilidade na interrupção de buscas de criança na Madeira
inShare

22 de Janeiro, 2014
O presidente do Serviço Regional de Proteção Civil e Bombeiros da Madeira (SRPC) recusou hoje qualquer responsabilidade na decisão de interromper as buscas da criança desaparecida domingo na Calheta, adiantando que a operação foi coordenada pelas autoridades policiais.

"A dado momento, a Polícia Judiciária assumiu a coordenação da operação e a informação de suspender as buscas surgiu da PJ", disse Luis Néri à agência Lusa.

O responsável do SRPC adiantou que, "inicialmente, quem tomou conta desta operação e pediu meios foi a PSP e só depois surgiu a PJ".

Luis Néri acrescentou que a decisão de suspender as actividades na Calheta aconteceu "depois de uma reunião no local e mediante os factores que estavam em jogo".

"A Protecção Civil apenas esteve envolvida nesta operação de busca e salvamento a pedido da PSP, chamada duas ou três horas depois de ter sido dado o alerta, junto com outros intervenientes e depois a PJ assumiu a coordenação", apontou o responsável da SRPC.

Segundo Luis Néri, depois todas as acções desenvolvidas "tiveram a ver com o que a PJ entendeu, com base no que se estava a passar".

"A decisão de suspender as buscas nunca partiu da Protecção Civil, os bombeiros só colaboraram no que foi pedido", disse este responsável.

O coordenador da PJ no Funchal, Eduardo Nunes, recusou hoje fazer qualquer comentário sobre esta situação, escusando-se também a falar cobre as críticas feitas pelo pai da criança.

Na segunda-feira, o responsável da PJ no Funchal informou que as buscas para localizar a criança de 18 meses desaparecida na tarde de domingo no Estreito da Calheta, na zona oeste da ilha, estavam "terminadas".

"As buscas foram dadas por terminadas", afirmou nesse dia Eduardo Nunes aos jornalistas, acrescentando que "todos os cenários" estavam em aberto.

Posteriormente, os pais e todas as outras pessoas que se encontravam no convívio quando a criança desapareceu, foram ouvidas nas instalações da PJ, no Funchal.

Na terça-feira, o pai da criança, Carlos Abreu Sousa, acusou a polícia de não estar a fazer "um bonito trabalho", considerando que não estava a mostra a "devida capacidade de procurar, de investigar".

A criança de 18 meses, que esteve desaparecida desde a tarde de domingo, foi encontrada esta manhã na Calheta, Madeira, está a ser observada nas Urgências do Hospital do Funchal.

O menino desapareceu quando se encontrava num encontro da família na casa do tio, localizada no sítio dos Reis Acima, na zona alta do concelho da Calheta.

Lusa/SOL

Google
Civil Protection rejects responsibility in stopping child searches in Madeira
inShare

January 22, 2014
The President of the Regional Service of Civil Protection and Fire Wood ( SRPC ) today refused any responsibility for the decision to discontinue the search of missing child Sunday at Calheta , adding that the operation was coordinated by the police .

" At one point , the Judicial Police took over the coordination of the operation and information to suspend the search came up from PJ ," said Luis Neri Lusa .

The head of SRPC said that " initially , who took charge of this operation and asked media was the PSP and then came the PJ ."

Luis Neri added that the decision to suspend activities in Calheta happened " after a meeting on site by the factors at play ."

"Civil Protection only been involved in this search and rescue operation at the request of PSP called two or three hours after being given the warning , along with other actors and then took over the coordination PJ " , said the head of SRPC .

According to Luis Neri , after all actions " had to do with what PJ understood , based on what was happening ."

" The decision to suspend the search never departed from the Civil Protection, the fire department was only cooperating in order," said this charge .

The coordinator of the PJ in Funchal , Eduardo Nunes , today refused to make any comment on this situation , also speaking excusing the criticisms made by the father of the child covers .

On Monday , the head of the PJ in Funchal said the search to locate the missing 18-month on Sunday afternoon in Calheta , on the west side of the island , were " terminated " .

" The searches were completed by hand ," he said that day Eduardo Nunes told reporters , adding that " all scenarios " were open.

Subsequently , parents and all others who were living in when the child disappeared , were heard in the premises of the PJ in Funchal.

On Tuesday , the child's father , Carlos Sousa Abreu , accused the police of being not doing " a beautiful job " , considering that the show was not a " proper ability to search , investigate ."

A child of 18 months , we've been missing since Sunday afternoon , was found this morning in Calheta, Madeira , is being seen in the Emergency Hospital of Funchal .

The boy disappeared when he was a family gathering at his uncle's house , located on the site of the Kings Over in the upper part of the municipality of Calheta.

Lusa / SOL

Offline Luz

Re: Baby boy missing on the island of Madeira found safe and well.
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2014, 01:14:14 PM »
Do you know what criminal investigation is?

It's not putting your nose on the floor like a hog and keep thrusting forward. It implies gathering information, putting up hypothesis, and acting accordingly.

In this case the PJ did that. Acted accordingly and obtained the results they expected.
Could it had gone wrong? Yes it could. There were no garanties that the abductor would keep the child alive, however, the longer he/she kept him the more danger the child would incur. That's why the PJ chose to take the pressure from the abductor to allow him/her to return the child. It worked.

Offline Eleanor

Re: Baby boy missing on the island of Madeira found safe and well.
« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2014, 01:22:31 PM »

You have to laugh.  Convince the abductor that you think the parents are responsible, and then he will give the child back.

Batshit crazy.

Offline Carana

Re: Baby boy missing on the island of Madeira found safe and well.
« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2014, 01:24:04 PM »
Do you know what criminal investigation is?

It's not putting your nose on the floor like a hog and keep thrusting forward. It implies gathering information, putting up hypothesis, and acting accordingly.

In this case the PJ did that. Acted accordingly and obtained the results they expected.
Could it had gone wrong? Yes it could. There were no garanties that the abductor would keep the child alive, however, the longer he/she kept him the more danger the child would incur. That's why the PJ chose to take the pressure from the abductor to allow him/her to return the child. It worked.

I see. Cunning plan. Since when do police forces hunting for a missing, vulnerable child suddenly stop after a day? The fact that they wanted to investigate the parents and other family members is standard practice, but so is continuing to search for a potentially live child.

Offline Luz

Re: Baby boy missing on the island of Madeira found safe and well.
« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2014, 01:29:31 PM »
I see. Cunning plan. Since when do police forces hunting for a missing, vulnerable child suddenly stop after a day? The fact that they wanted to investigate the parents and other family members is standard practice, but so is continuing to search for a potentially live child.

The investigation didn't stop, the searching apparatus did. And especially the MEDIA was put out of there.
I know that you haven't understood yet that PJ does criminal investigation, the other forces, like GNR and /or PSP are the ones involved in the searches. The fact that GNR stopped being in the terrain didn't mean the criminal investigation didn't continue, even because there was not a 100% assurance that the traced strategy would give the result it did.

And I can see that you understand very little about strategic police work.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 01:31:22 PM by Luz »

Offline Carana

Re: Baby boy missing on the island of Madeira found safe and well.
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2014, 01:39:17 PM »
The investigation didn't stop, the searching apparatus did. And especially the MEDIA was put out of there.
I know that you haven't understood yet that PJ does criminal investigation, the other forces, like GNR and /or PSP are the ones involved in the searches. The fact that GNR stopped being in the terrain didn't mean the criminal investigation didn't continue, even because there was not a 100% assurance that the traced strategy would give the result it did.

And I can see that you understand very little about strategic police work.


I'm sure other police forces around the world would be fascinated to learn more about such missing child strategies...

Offline Luz

Re: Baby boy missing on the island of Madeira found safe and well.
« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2014, 01:42:06 PM »
deleted

My time is too precious to waste on people that do not deserve it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 01:46:20 PM by Luz »