Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1464884 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #13590 on: June 26, 2022, 11:42:19 AM »
Abortion is not something that I personally think is a good idea.  But men cannot justifiably be involved in this decision.  They don't carry and birth the baby and ordinarily would not have to raise it.

If men did have any rights then The Courts could wind up full of cases trying to prevent women from obtaining an abortion, no matter what the circumstances of conception.  Rapists for a start, demanding access to their child.  This is already happening.

The choice has to remain with the woman.

Not that this is particularly pertinent at the moment.

The question seems to be, "Does a woman have a right to an abortion?"

Yes she does, but in fairness, if she decides to keep a baby against the fathers wishes, he too should have the right not to have to pay for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_abortion
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #13591 on: June 26, 2022, 11:54:54 AM »
There is No Punishment for men.

Pro Lifers don't care.  They don't care about the woman and they don't care about the baby.  It is never their problem.  Just a means to control the implementation of their views.
Very much this.  If they seriously cared about the welfare of children and girls / young women they would not have reversed a law which by doing so guarantees an increase in self harm, back street abortions and the horrible after affects these can have on a woman’s reproductive health, infanticide, child neglect, mental health issues, etc.  Pro-lifers should instead channel their energies into establishing laws which help to reduce the horrific death toll which is a direct result of gun ownership in their (godforsaken) country.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #13592 on: June 26, 2022, 11:55:46 AM »
Women make mistakes just like men do. I don't think they deserve having to spend 9 months carrying their mistake in their tummy, having to push it out of there, then providing for it's needs for many years afterwards. I don't think the punishment fits the crime.

Some women will be brave and serve their 'sentences' without taking it out on the result of their mistake, but others will be unable to deal with the change of direction that's been forced upon them.

Have these pro-lifers thought through the consequences of their beliefs, I wonder?

They won't have to, just travel to a blue state, and if they work for Starbucks, they'll pay the travel expenses.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/roe-v-wade-abortion-travel-costs-b2108999.html

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #13593 on: June 26, 2022, 12:00:36 PM »
Very much this.  If they seriously cared about the welfare of children and girls / young women they would not have reversed a law which by doing so guarantees an increase in self harm, back street abortions and the horrible after affects these can have on a woman’s reproductive health, infanticide, child neglect, mental health issues, etc.  Pro-lifers should instead channel their energies into establishing laws which help to reduce the horrific death toll which is a direct result of gun ownership in their (godforsaken) country.

Will it though?

Perhaps women will just think harder before letting him shove it in unprotected, or they'll just cross state lines.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #13594 on: June 26, 2022, 12:21:36 PM »

Furthermore.....

Countries with the Highest Total Gun Deaths (all causes) in 2019

1: Brazil — 49,436

2:
United States — 37,038

Venezuela — 28,515

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/gun-deaths-by-country

Number of abortions in 2019

Based on available state-level data, approximately 887,000 abortions took place in the United States in 2019.

https://abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abortion_statistics/

Guns are actually killing a lot less people than abortions.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #13595 on: June 26, 2022, 12:58:03 PM »
Yes she does, but in fairness, if she decides to keep a baby against the fathers wishes, he too should have the right not to have to pay for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_abortion

I actually agree with that. Forcing men to pay for the keep of an unwanted child is almost as bad as forcing a woman to carry an unwanted child. Having unwilling parents is unlikely to give the child a happy childhood. Should a child be condemned to suffer because strangers decide they must live?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #13596 on: June 26, 2022, 01:13:29 PM »

Women should just say No.  But that will likely lead to more Rapes.  Women often don't have a right to say No these days.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #13597 on: June 26, 2022, 01:18:42 PM »
I actually agree with that. Forcing men to pay for the keep of an unwanted child is almost as bad as forcing a woman to carry an unwanted child. Having unwilling parents is unlikely to give the child a happy childhood. Should a child be condemned to suffer because strangers decide they must live?

It's an interesting twist to the abortion debate.

Unfortunately, the only legal test case in America was dismissed & the plaintiff declined to appeal to the supreme court.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubay_v._Wells

I'm hoping some day some brave man see's this argument through & regains equal abortion rights for men.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #13598 on: June 26, 2022, 01:21:10 PM »
Women should just say No.  But that will likely lead to more Rapes.  Women often don't have a right to say No these days.

Women should carry more guns, the constitution allows it, less chance they'll be raped.

I'm pretty sure self defence laws allow the use of lethal force to prevent rape.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #13599 on: June 26, 2022, 02:12:23 PM »
Women should carry more guns, the constitution allows it, less chance they'll be raped.

I'm pretty sure self defence laws allow the use of lethal force to prevent rape.

If a woman shoots a man and either injures or kills him would her version of events let her off the hook? Rape is difficult to prove unless there are injuries to the woman. It often comes down to who is believed in court. Not all women are truthful.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #13600 on: June 26, 2022, 02:26:09 PM »
If a woman shoots a man and either injures or kills him would her version of events let her off the hook? Rape is difficult to prove unless there are injuries to the woman. It often comes down to who is believed in court. Not all women are truthful.

You need only reasonably perceive an imminent threat of death or great bodily harm to justify lethal force in self defence.

If the evidence supports the claim a jury should find that. Aim for the face, should guarantee death, he won't be able to take the stand against her then.  But if the bullet wound is to his back then she might find it more difficult to explain away.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #13601 on: June 26, 2022, 02:29:23 PM »
Actually, the troll has made me see the benefits of gun carrying.  Yes, all women in America should carry guns at all times, and if a man starts harrassing a woman for sex she should have the legal unquestionable right to shoot him in the balls.  Perfect solution. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 02:32:02 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #13602 on: June 26, 2022, 02:34:07 PM »
Actually, the troll has made me see the benefits of gun carrying.  Yes, all women in America should carry guns at all times, and if a man starts harrassing a woman for sex she should have the legal right to shoot him in the balls.  Perfect solution.

Well, if he poses an imminent threat, she can legally shoot him.

I have no issue with that, as a second amendment fan.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #13603 on: June 26, 2022, 02:46:39 PM »
In the same week women were told they could no longer have abortions, the supreme court expanded their right to carry guns.

Sometimes in life, the solutions present themselves.

I'm glad you girls here are now pro gun, just got to persuade you immigrants are bad you'll be voting Trump/DeSa-nt-is 2024.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #13604 on: June 26, 2022, 02:58:02 PM »

I wonder if a foetus has second amendment rights?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCbA3R6HN2Q