Author Topic: The murder of Samuel Alexander - Serious Case Review.  (Read 67022 times)

Offline Daisy

Re: The murder of Samuel Alexander - Serious Case Review.
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 11:48:36 AM »
To some extent I agree, the media do like their stories, however, the forensic report which Mark should have will settle this very easily.  Can I ask you Daisy, on what basis are you claiming the DM article is rubbish?  You do understand that this forum operates on the basis of cites and recorded facts?

I am sorry John if you don't like what I am saying but I only listen to facts.  It had already been retracted by the prosecution that Samuel had not been dismembered but the DM still continued to report this as fact. It is outrageous that they will print anything to sell.  Yes the forensic report will disprove this.  Mark has nothing to hide and it extremely distressed that people keep saying his father died in this way.  It was horrifying enough to find out he was buried in the garden, let alone lies being told about the circumstances.

He wasn't killed in August and the full copy of the SCR mentions a meeting with Samuel in September. This information was witheld at trial and only came to light later.  I wonder why?

Samuel was aware Mark was moving to London with his girlfriend and got on well with Senta. 

Money wasn't continually withdrawn from the account and bank statements prove this.  As stated before Mark continued to pay into the account as his father was struggling financially.  He withdrew cash which his father preferred to use and took it regularly to the house as instructed by his father.

There are obviously certain elements about the article which are true but newspapers have no morals and print as fact information which is heresay or has been repeated and twisted third hand.

I believe Mark and until I see anything which causes me to doubt him, I will continue to fight for his cause.  Of course, John, I am most grateful that you are allowing me to debate this case on the forum whatever your personal view of Mark.

Offline puglove

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 12:10:37 AM »
I am sorry John if you don't like what I am saying but I only listen to facts.  It had already been retracted by the prosecution that Samuel had not been dismembered but the DM still continued to report this as fact. It is outrageous that they will print anything to sell.  Yes the forensic report will disprove this.  Mark has nothing to hide and it extremely distressed that people keep saying his father died in this way.  It was horrifying enough to find out he was buried in the garden, let alone lies being told about the circumstances.

He wasn't killed in August and the full copy of the SCR mentions a meeting with Samuel in September. This information was witheld at trial and only came to light later.  I wonder why?

Samuel was aware Mark was moving to London with his girlfriend and got on well with Senta. 

Money wasn't continually withdrawn from the account and bank statements prove this.  As stated before Mark continued to pay into the account as his father was struggling financially.  He withdrew cash which his father preferred to use and took it regularly to the house as instructed by his father.

There are obviously certain elements about the article which are true but newspapers have no morals and print as fact information which is heresay or has been repeated and twisted third hand.

I believe Mark and until I see anything which causes me to doubt him, I will continue to fight for his cause.  Of course, John, I am most grateful that you are allowing me to debate this case on the forum whatever your personal view of Mark.

Well, Daisy...Occams razor and all that....Sami was obviously a very difficult man, but he was too frail to just move away and get on with his life, and Mark laid a load of concrete and Sami was under that concrete. With all due respect, you were wrong about Bamber. But, good luck to you. You mean well.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline John

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2017, 01:03:32 AM »

I haven't formed a view as yet, all I am doing is exploring the evidence.  Having sight of the forensics report will be of great help and hopefully we can put to bed anything which the press have wrongly claimed.

Did the pathologist state the cause of death by the way?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2017, 08:09:54 AM »
Well, Daisy...Occams razor and all that....Sami was obviously a very difficult man, but he was too frail to just move away and get on with his life, and Mark laid a load of concrete and Sami was under that concrete. With all due respect, you were wrong about Bamber. But, good luck to you. You mean well.

I started out thinking Jeremy was innocent but as time went on I began to lean towards guilty.  With Mark the situation is different. We know Sami was under several layers of concrete. A geologist who examined the site stated that it was laid by different people. The first layers were done by a professional and Mark laid the final very amateurish layer. He clearly didn't have a clue what he was doing but wanted to please his father by finishing the job.
It has been accepted that Sami didn't go away. As he was in the habit of going away for periods of time, Mark wrongly assumed he had done so again.
He can't have been that frail as the neighbour who gave a witness statement saw him putting up a fence post.

Offline John

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2017, 02:42:02 PM »
I started out thinking Jeremy was innocent but as time went on I began to lean towards guilty.  With Mark the situation is different. We know Sami was under several layers of concrete. A geologist who examined the site stated that it was laid by different people. The first layers were done by a professional and Mark laid the final very amateurish layer. He clearly didn't have a clue what he was doing but wanted to please his father by finishing the job.
It has been accepted that Sami didn't go away. As he was in the habit of going away for periods of time, Mark wrongly assumed he had done so again.
He can't have been that frail as the neighbour who gave a witness statement saw him putting up a fence post.

Did any contractor ever come forward and admit to laying concrete?

As a qualified civil engineer with lots of experience in pouring concrete I can tell you now that the geologist was talking out of his backside.  No expert can tell who laid concrete as like most things it can be faked in all sorts of ways.  Had there been a contractor on site they would have been observed.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 02:46:58 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2017, 01:31:46 AM »

As a qualified civil engineer with lots of experience in pouring concrete I can tell you now that the geologist was talking out of his backside.  No expert can tell who laid concrete as like most things it can be faked in all sorts of ways.  Had there been a contractor on site they would have been observed.

I certainly don't have any experience of laying concrete (!), but I would have thought it would be perfectly possible to tell whether it had been done professionally or not, and if one layer was not done as well as the previous layer.

I would also have thought that at least one neighbour would have noticed a workman at the house laying concrete, or at least, they would have noticed a workman's vehicle. Neighbours tend to notice these things.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2017, 07:02:45 AM »

Samuel used casual labour - the sort of people who moved from town to town. I will be posting more information on the building work.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2017, 07:09:45 AM »

I certainly don't have any experience of laying concrete (!), but I would have thought it would be perfectly possible to tell whether it had been done professionally or not, and if one layer was not done as well as the previous layer.

I would also have thought that at least one neighbour would have noticed a workman at the house laying concrete, or at least, they would have noticed a workman's vehicle. Neighbours tend to notice these things.

Yes precisely. It is easy for a professional to see who it was done by whether it is plastering, bricklaying or laying concrete.

Neighbours don't seem to notice things these days as we all lead busy lives. My house was broken into several years ago in broad daylight. One neighbour was washing his car and another was mowing his lawn yet they didn't see anything, despite the intruder scouring a 6ft wall!

Offline John

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2017, 04:14:34 PM »

Yes precisely. It is easy for a professional to see who it was done by whether it is plastering, bricklaying or laying concrete.

Neighbours don't seem to notice things these days as we all lead busy lives. My house was broken into several years ago in broad daylight. One neighbour was washing his car and another was mowing his lawn yet they didn't see anything, despite the intruder scouring a 6ft wall!

I'm sorry Daisy but you can only stretch a string so far. The defence story appears to be that the concrete was laid as some sort of wall underpinning.  If that was the case then the work was completely inappropriate for a multitude of reasons. Furthermore, you don't invite casual labour to undertake such a task.  It also raises the question as to where Samuel found such labourers, him being an oddball recluse who never opened his doors to anyone?

Had Samuel employed casual labour to carry out the work there would have been cars or vans at the property, possibly a mini digger and a concrete mixer on a trailer since very few people in the trade use a spade these days.  The sort of activity associated with concreting work will rarely go unnoticed but in this case it apparently did.  I find it much more likely that Mark dug the hole himself in the dark when nobody would see him and added several layers of concrete when he could. On the other hand, had Mark employed labourers he will know their names.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2017, 05:55:51 PM »
It all seems somewhat tenuous.  Friends who have never been identified, carers who never existed, labourers who disappeared into the night etc etc ...  I have a feeling you're onto a lost cause Daisy.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2017, 06:22:25 PM »
It all seems somewhat tenuous.  Friends who have never been identified, carers who never existed, labourers who disappeared into the night etc etc ...  I have a feeling you're onto a lost cause Daisy.

It could all be one terrible coincidence  &%+((£
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 01:51:30 PM by John »

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2017, 08:13:19 AM »
I'm sorry Daisy but you can only stretch a string so far. The defence story appears to be that the concrete was laid as some sort of wall underpinning.  If that was the case then the work was completely inappropriate for a multitude of reasons. Furthermore, you don't invite casual labour to undertake such a task.  It also raises the question as to where Samuel found such labourers, him being an oddball recluse who never opened his doors to anyone?

Had Samuel employed casual labour to carry out the work there would have been cars or vans at the property, possibly a mini digger and a concrete mixer on a trailer since very few people in the trade use a spade these days.  The sort of activity associated with concreting work will rarely go unnoticed but in this case it apparently did.  I find it much more likely that Mark dug the hole himself in the dark when nobody would see him and added several layers of concrete when he could. On the other hand, had Mark employed labourers he will know their names.

I agree that it is odd that nobody noticed any contractors working at the property, but Daisy says she is going to post more information re the building work.  Perhaps we should wait and see what she says before dismissing the possibility of Mark's innocence????????

Offline Daisy

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2017, 09:06:36 AM »
I haven't formed a view as yet, all I am doing is exploring the evidence.  Having sight of the forensics report will be of great help and hopefully we can put to bed anything which the press have wrongly claimed.

Did the pathologist state the cause of death by the way?

The Home Office Pathologist was unable to find a cause of death and gave the following:-

1A - Unassertained.

Judge Reddihough said in his opening speech

"There was no dismembering of the body contrary to what was said to the press."

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/08/wikipedia-bans-daily-mail-as-unreliable-source-for-website

Offline John

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2017, 01:54:04 PM »
The Home Office Pathologist was unable to find a cause of death and gave the following:-

1A - Unassertained.

Judge Reddihough said in his opening speech

"There was no dismembering of the body contrary to what was said to the press."

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/08/wikipedia-bans-daily-mail-as-unreliable-source-for-website

Thank you Daisy, it really is quite unbelievable what these hacks get away with.  This is where a copy of the forensic report would come in very handy. 

Was it true that an attempt had been made to burn the body?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 01:56:37 PM by John »

Offline Daisy

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2017, 06:44:47 PM »
Thank you Daisy, it really is quite unbelievable what these hacks get away with.  This is where a copy of the forensic report would come in very handy. 

Was it true that an attempt had been made to burn the body?

I have already asked Mark to send me a copy of the forensic report. I do not know if an attempt had been made to burn the body. As soon as I have a copy of the report I will post it.