Author Topic: What is the provenance of the joint time line.  (Read 5180 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: What is the provenance of the joint time line.
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2018, 06:52:11 PM »
Not according to her mum.
From memory only: didn't Susan Healy just say "Kate was not a devout Catholic"?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2018, 06:55:36 PM »
From memory only: didn't Susan Healy just say "Kate was not a devout Catholic"?

Yup, pretty sure she did, or words to that effect.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2018, 07:00:24 PM »
Yup, pretty sure she did, or words to that effect.
My impression of a devout catholic would be saying the rosary and having a certain types of pictures hanging in the kitchen and lounge in your house. Who knows how one determines that.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2018, 07:03:07 PM »
My impression of a devout catholic would be saying the rosary and having a certain types of pictures hanging in the kitchen and lounge in your house. Who knows how one determines that.

Would expect regular church-going would feature. And before you ask, at least once a week.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2018, 07:05:54 PM »
Would expect regular church-going would feature. And before you ask, at least once a week.
And confession  - how often may I ask? 
Moderation

Offline Erngath

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2018, 07:06:03 PM »

If there is one adjective that a Catholic would never use to describe their own Catholic practice, it would be "devout".
It's an over used and meaningless word much loved by the press.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline jassi

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2018, 07:06:45 PM »
And confession  - how often may I ask?

Probably never away from the booth   @)(++(*

Or maybe not -

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2018, 07:13:16 PM »
Probably never away from the booth   @)(++(*
Am I allowed to say it?  Father forgive me, for I have sinned,  but you Jassi are quite wicked!
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2018, 07:15:43 PM »

If there is one adjective that a Catholic would never use to describe their own Catholic practice, it would be "devout".
It's an over used and meaningless word much loved by the press.
.....and every other Tom, Dick and Harry as we say around here.
Moderation