Author Topic: Tannerman, Smithman and Christian Brueckner  (Read 34164 times)

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

Re: Tannerman, Smithman and Christian Brueckner
« Reply #600 on: December 09, 2021, 12:07:10 AM »
They appear to be the only ones being molested on the Algarve at the time, unless you know of other children of other nationalities being molested?

Is that a genuine question? I'm sorry to say but that question smacks of xenophobia to me.  The victims of paedophiles are not chosen by nationality of origin and such a suggestion is utterly baseless and neglects millions of child victims the world over.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 12:47:23 AM by Billy Whizz Fan Club »

« Reply #601 on: December 09, 2021, 12:32:38 AM »
Any police force that makes absolutely no attempt to follow up on a sighting of a missing child that the rest of the world has been made aware of deserves to be blamed imo.

What about Smithman? Why aren't you calling for him to be investigated? Never mind Day 2 or 3 after the disappearance, this was within an hour!!! Yet what is the response from the McCann's and Mitchell - who had taken it upon themselves to publicise would be abductors in the media? Absolutely no publicity for months!

« Reply #602 on: December 09, 2021, 12:45:40 AM »
So far from being inundated and/or overwhelmed by sightings worldwide of a little missing blonde child ~ the Policia Judiciaria had two viable sightings to contend with and they managed to screw those up.

Both of these sightings were well within the 'Golden Hours'.
  • Jane Tanner witnessed a child being carried way from immediately outside the apartment from which she would soon discover Madeleine had disappeared
  • George Brooks witnessed a couple anxious not to be seen and saw the small blonde girl accompanying them a ten minute drive away from where Madeleine disappeared
Both these sightings were reported immediately.
Both these sightings were rubbished by the investigation.
There is no justification for either sighting being discarded by the investigation indicated in the files.  Why ever not?

Why do you believe the PJ were not aware that the man Tanner saw was Dr Julian Totman. Where do you think the photo came from of the pyjammas and Ocean Club towel?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #603 on: December 09, 2021, 01:54:21 AM »
Well that's a bit rich!! What about Mitchell and the McCann's ignoring, as a credible lead, the Smith family sighting for months? This was a man carrying a child matching Madeleine's description 10 - 35 minutes after she was reported missing!! A man the Met were later to describe as the focus of their attention.

During the months that the Smith family alleged sighting was under Portuguese Judicial Secrecy law ~ what steps did Amaral and the Policia Judiciaria take to promote publicity.

Starting after the gap of thirteen days before the Smiths "remembered" that their sighting wasn't a dream and contacted the police to report it.

How may press conferences, media and TV appeals did the Portuguese police conduct featuring the alleged sighting;  none that I know of;  do you know of any?

Did they run a poster campaign;  not one that I've heard of;  maybe you've seen posters no-one else has?

Why do you suppose the Portuguese police ignored publicising the Smith family sighting - it was their case after all.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #604 on: December 09, 2021, 01:54:40 AM »
Is that a genuine question? I'm sorry to say but that smacks of xenophobia to me.  The victims of paedophiles are not chosen by nationality of origin and such a suggestion is utterly baseless and neglects millions of child victims the world over.

Yet again your post displays appalling ignorance of the circumstances of the police investigation of the facts
pertaining to Madeleine McCann's case.

The victims of this particular paedophile were British.

The victims of this particular paedophile were white.

Detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann are searching for a lone intruder who sexually abused five girls during holiday home break-ins and had a "vile interest in young, white, female children".

A tanned man with dark, short and unkept hair who spoke English with a foreign accent is suspected of breaking in to 12 properties where British families were staying in the Algarve, Portugal between 2004 and 2010.

https://www.itv.com/news/2014-03-19/detectives-searching-for-lone-intruder-in-madeleine-mccann-case
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #605 on: December 09, 2021, 02:01:53 AM »
What about Smithman? Why aren't you calling for him to be investigated? Never mind Day 2 or 3 after the disappearance, this was within an hour!!! Yet what is the response from the McCann's and Mitchell - who had taken it upon themselves to publicise would be abductors in the media? Absolutely no publicity for months!

The Portuguese investigators were not told about the alleged sighting for thirteen days.

The Portuguese investigators did not publicise it.

Perhaps you should be directing your puzzlement about that omission to them as they are the only ones likely to know the answer.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #606 on: December 09, 2021, 02:03:43 AM »
Why do you believe the PJ were not aware that the man Tanner saw was Dr Julian Totman. Where do you think the photo came from of the pyjammas and Ocean Club towel?

Why do you ask such really stupid questions.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #607 on: December 09, 2021, 06:30:49 AM »
Yet again your post displays appalling ignorance of the circumstances of the police investigation of the facts
pertaining to Madeleine McCann's case.

The victims of this particular paedophile were British.

The victims of this particular paedophile were white.

Detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann are searching for a lone intruder who sexually abused five girls during holiday home break-ins and had a "vile interest in young, white, female children".

A tanned man with dark, short and unkept hair who spoke English with a foreign accent is suspected of breaking in to 12 properties where British families were staying in the Algarve, Portugal between 2004 and 2010.

https://www.itv.com/news/2014-03-19/detectives-searching-for-lone-intruder-in-madeleine-mccann-case

Yes, this man is not just a paedophile but also a racist.

In today's political climate, I'm not sure which offence is deemed worse.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #608 on: December 09, 2021, 07:11:01 AM »
Is that a genuine question? I'm sorry to say but that question smacks of xenophobia to me.  The victims of paedophiles are not chosen by nationality of origin and such a suggestion is utterly baseless and neglects millions of child victims the world over.
OMG, such sanctimony!!  I was referring specifically to reports of children being molested by an intruder in holiday accommodation in Portugal actually, all of whom (that we know of) were British, but many thanks for the lecture. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #609 on: December 09, 2021, 07:16:06 AM »
Calm down dear, calm down and listen.  The sighting I am referring to was worldwide news within 48 hours of Madeleine’s disappearance at a time when absolutely no one knew about Smithman because, hey, the Smiths took weeks to remember this vital piece of information by which time the “golden hour” had long since vanished.  The PJ showed absolutely no interest in the sighting I am referring to despite knowing about it.  If you think that’s acceptable well that’s your problem, I personally think it’s inexcusable.
Thanks for the “whataboutery” though, always enjoy a bit of deflection from the discussion at hand.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #610 on: December 09, 2021, 09:04:18 AM »
And where would the Leicestershire police have got these reports from?

From UK people ringing them in.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #611 on: December 09, 2021, 09:22:32 AM »
As Brietta pointed out the Portuguese have not issued an appeal in Portugal for Smithman.. Imo that pays a huge part in why he has not been identified

Offline Brietta

« Reply #612 on: December 09, 2021, 10:23:37 AM »
From UK people ringing them in.

Your posts keep on floundering.
It really is time you accepted that incidents which were reported to the Portuguese police at the time very often did not receive the due diligence they merited or that one would expect.
There is too much anecdotal evidence to that effect to be ignored or excused as you consistently do in your posts.

Snip
Nine of the 12 incidents were reported to Portuguese police at the time they happened, but British investigators only became aware of three of those cases when victims came forward in response to televised appeals last autumn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The break-ins, which could potentially be linked to one another, had previously been discounted by Portuguese investigators because they were spread over a wide geographical area and there were no apparent abduction attempts.

Six of the burglaries were in the Vale da Parra, Praia da Gale district, four in Carvoeiro and two in Praia da Luz.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #613 on: December 09, 2021, 11:02:44 AM »
Your posts keep on floundering.
It really is time you accepted that incidents which were reported to the Portuguese police at the time very often did not receive the due diligence they merited or that one would expect.
There is too much anecdotal evidence to that effect to be ignored or excused as you consistently do in your posts.

Snip
Nine of the 12 incidents were reported to Portuguese police at the time they happened, but British investigators only became aware of three of those cases when victims came forward in response to televised appeals last autumn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The break-ins, which could potentially be linked to one another, had previously been discounted by Portuguese investigators because they were spread over a wide geographical area and there were no apparent abduction attempts.

Six of the burglaries were in the Vale da Parra, Praia da Gale district, four in Carvoeiro and two in Praia da Luz.

Journalists say that the incidents were reported to the Portuguese police at the time they occured. What they don't say is who told them that. If newspaper reports are the only evidence some corroberation is necessary imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #614 on: December 09, 2021, 11:19:46 AM »
Journalists say that the incidents were reported to the Portuguese police at the time they occured. What they don't say is who told them that. If newspaper reports are the only evidence some corroberation is necessary imo.

Yes.

Perhaps if there were times, dates, locations, descriptions of intruder, method of entry & nature of alleged assault, the claims might be more believable.

As it is, we're being told 'This Happened', with absolutely no opportunity to make our own assessment of the alleged evidence in each case.

But, if we don't believe it then we're not believing victims also, so that makes us terrible people.

Oh well. I prefer facts to feelings myself.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.